Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

http://www.thaivisa....-2016:-Thailand

Check it out guys.

Do we pay extra 20 percent for bikes made in thailand?

Or do i pay extra as i pay deposit a month ago?

If so i am an angry farang now:angry:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Seems to be every bike but a larger amount over 1000cc. I reported this a couple of days ago on the Ducati thread and was surprised by the lack of response. Wrong thread it seems...

Ducati are honouring prices on bikes bought before the announcement, not sure about Honda. Someone has to pay for all the 100,000 baht discount cars clogging up the streets. Certain forum members won't mind though, those who consider a medium sized, traffic easing, pollution friendly motorbike to be a luxury 'toy' for the selfish, deserving over 100% taxation, right Dave? Happy days...

Interesting that an unconfirmed 3% increase allegation in a bike that you apparently have no plans at buying has you frothing in the mouth. Would like to know where the "100% taxation" comes from because maybe I have simply lost my math skills.

post-27441-0-40200100-1356362148_thumb.j

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.thaivisa....-2016:-Thailand

Check it out guys.

Do we pay extra 20 percent for bikes made in thailand?

Or do i pay extra as i pay deposit a month ago?

If so i am an angry farang now:angry:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Seems to be every bike but a larger amount over 1000cc. I reported this a couple of days ago on the Ducati thread and was surprised by the lack of response. Wrong thread it seems...

Ducati are honouring prices on bikes bought before the announcement, not sure about Honda. Someone has to pay for all the 100,000 baht discount cars clogging up the streets. Certain forum members won't mind though, those who consider a medium sized, traffic easing, pollution friendly motorbike to be a luxury 'toy' for the selfish, deserving over 100% taxation, right Dave? Happy days...

Interesting that an unconfirmed 3% increase allegation in a bike that you apparently have no plans at buying has you frothing in the mouth. Would like to know where the "100% taxation" comes from because maybe I have simply lost my math skills.

post-27441-0-40200100-1356362148_thumb.j

Frothing at the mouth? That's quite an imagination you have there. As I stated, the bigger the bike the more the tax, they are proposing raising it from 103% to 123% for bikes over 800cc according to the article. Less for the 500cc bikes as I stated, but still an increase. Why do you think a cbr1000 costs 799,000 baht? And why is it a luxury item? Because the government tax it to the point that it's incredibly expensive, that's why :)

Apparently a 800cc bike is very luxurious and deserving of huge amounts of tax, whereas a 500cc bike is not. And yet a space hogging, traffic causing, environmentally unfriendly car gets a 100,000 baht discount at the expense of the tax payer. As someone who lives here full time, pays their tax here and works in Bangkok I think this is an ill conceived policy. Not sure if you live and work full time here but I have to assume you don't. So who is the troll?

Lets hope the cbr500 is not affected too much by this and that existing agreements with customers are honoured. Do you plan to buy this bike Dave? Or just continue to wax lyrical about your love of Honda while riding around on your Kawasaki?

There is no need to worry. the tax is only for imported bikes from 800cc to 1000cc. The CBR 500 is not an imported bike nor is it in the luxury bike statues. as mentioned in the tread above.

Not so sure about that. On another thread someones locally made 799cc Ducati was increasing in price. Let's hope your right about the cbr500. Bad news for the big bike market in any case.

There is no need to worry. the tax is only for imported bikes from 800cc to 1000cc. The CBR 500 is not an imported bike nor is it in the luxury bike statues. as mentioned in the tread above.

But, The price just went up 6000 baht yes?

Or was the old price a intro price?

Frothing at the mouth? That's quite an imagination you have there. As I stated, the bigger the bike the more the tax, they are proposing raising it from 103% to 123% for bikes over 800cc according to the article. Less for the 500cc bikes as I stated, but still an increase. Why do you think a cbr1000 costs 799,000 baht? And why is it a luxury item? Because the government tax it to the point that it's incredibly expensive, that's why smile.png

Apparently a 800cc bike is very luxurious and deserving of huge amounts of tax, whereas a 500cc bike is not. And yet a space hogging, traffic causing, environmentally unfriendly car gets a 100,000 baht discount at the expense of the tax payer. As someone who lives here full time, pays their tax here and works in Bangkok I think this is an ill conceived policy. Not sure if you live and work full time here but I have to assume you don't. So who is the troll?

Lets hope the cbr500 is not affected too much by this and that existing agreements with customers are honoured. Do you plan to buy this bike Dave? Or just continue to wax lyrical about your love of Honda while riding around on your Kawasaki?

Perhaps frothing at the mouth was a bit of an exaggeration, but you definitely are doing a lot of negative posting in a thread where it's quite obvious you have no intention of either objectively considering the bike nor assisting fellow boardmembers in deciding if its a bike they should plunk down their money for. And it's not as if I am the only to notice this...

Do you have any credible evidence to support your assertion that there is a widespread increase in taxes for anything less than 800cc? There's clearly going to be an increase on the above 800 bikes; furthermore is Ducati in a zone where their bikes are considered 'domestic'?

I don't live there full time nor do I work there...however my family does and as you and your mate Tony have been quick to point out I am not the most open wallet person there is. So not quite sure what your point is?

Do you have any evidence of this 3% increase other than a single post on a Thai forum? Do you have any evidence that the price offered at the Expo was not what all manufacturers have done in the past; a simple introductory price? If I recall correctly, Kawasaki has done it on all their models...and for an even greater percentage than what Honda may have done.

**Correction**

What Honda did...least ways from the understanding I have of this page. Seems to me that "ฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะวางจำหน่าย Honda CBR500R เป็นรุ่นแรกที่ราคา 204,000 บาท โดยจะเริ่มเปิดรับจองภายในงานมอเตอร์เอ็กซ์โปตั้งแต่วันที่ 30 พ.ย. เป็นต้นไป ก่อนจะวางจำหน่าย Honda CB500F และ CB500X ภายในไตรมาสแรกของปี 2013" is saying it's an introductory price...and at Expo as I thought earlier.

**edit**

Yes I will get one...and would be amicable to allowing you to test it.

Edited by dave_boo

I said at the time the brochure at the motor show actually said it's a special price for the motor show only

People here either don't listen or read half the posts

If they did that than they would not be as able to engage in hyperbole and disinformation in regards to their trolling...

Where did you find out about this price increase?

Where did you find out about this price increase?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=5959599

Frothing at the mouth? That's quite an imagination you have there. As I stated, the bigger the bike the more the tax, they are proposing raising it from 103% to 123% for bikes over 800cc according to the article. Less for the 500cc bikes as I stated, but still an increase. Why do you think a cbr1000 costs 799,000 baht? And why is it a luxury item? Because the government tax it to the point that it's incredibly expensive, that's why smile.png

Perhaps frothing at the mouth was a bit of an exaggeration, but you definitely are doing a lot of negative posting in a thread where it's quite obvious you have no intention of either objectively considering the bike nor assisting fellow boardmembers in deciding if its a bike they should plunk down their money for. And it's not as if I am the only to notice this...

Do you have any credible evidence to support your assertion that there is a widespread increase in taxes for anything less than 800cc? There's clearly going to be an increase on the above 800 bikes; furthermore is Ducati in a zone where their bikes are considered 'domestic'?

I don't live there full time nor do I work there...however my family does and as you and your mate Tony have been quick to point out I am not the most open wallet person there is. So not quite sure what your point is?

Do you have any evidence of this 3% increase other than a single post on a Thai forum? Do you have any evidence that the price offered at the Expo was not what all manufacturers have done in the past; a simple introductory price? If I recall correctly, Kawasaki has done it on all their models...and for an even greater percentage than what Honda may have done.

**Correction**

What Honda did...least ways from the understanding I have of this page. Seems to me that "ฮอนด้าบิ๊กวิงจะวางจำหน่าย Honda CBR500R เป็นรุ่นแรกที่ราคา 204,000 บาท โดยจะเริ่มเปิดรับจองภายในงานมอเตอร์เอ็กซ์โปตั้งแต่วันที่ 30 พ.ย. เป็นต้นไป ก่อนจะวางจำหน่าย Honda CB500F และ CB500X ภายในไตรมาสแรกของปี 2013" is saying it's an introductory price...and at Expo as I thought earlier.

**edit**

Yes I will get one...and would be amicable to allowing you to test it.

Dave I don't have any solid evidence, only what I read on the other forum and the post here on the TV motor forum. That is why I said very clearly that "I'm just posting what I heard, apologies if it's not the case" in the Ducati thread.

I was warning new/potential owners of the possibility of this increase in tax (while also clarifying I was not sure of the details). In my experience in Thailand a lot of these leaked rumours turn out to be extremely accurate so I find it useful when people post what they hear might be in the pipeline. There were no negative comments about the CBR while doing so, the negativity was towards this government policy of taxing motorbikes (while simultaneously giving rebates on cars) which I feel is a very short sighted policy given the traffic problems here. You seem to support the extremely high taxation of large motorbikes and I don't. Let's agree to disagree on that one.

Not sure exactly what is going on, but it seems that bikes will be taxed according to CC. It looks like this is on top of the existing 7% tax, as the CBR 500 already included the 7%, but now costs an additional 5%.

Thanks now we have the solid answer

Geez, some shocking increases there in Brian's picture.

The Diavel up 20%! 160k baht extra! sick.gif

The Kawa 650's up an extra 25-29k overnight!

At least the guys who already have them have just seen the resale value of their bikes go up nicely.

Not sure exactly what is going on, but it seems that bikes will be taxed according to CC. It looks like this is on top of the existing 7% tax, as the CBR 500 already included the 7%, but now costs an additional 5%.

Thanks for some solid info.

Pretty grim reading though...

Wonder if this will have a knock on effect of official clamp downs on dodgy gray imports going around.

Kawa and Honda now selling a large-ish range of biggish Thai made bikes, and the government wanting even more tax money, could be a clean up coming for semi-legit imported big bikes going around the place.

Here's my translation from the article in Post Today.

On the 18th December, the Cabinet approved across-the-board changes to the structure of excise duty on motorcycles. Previously it was based on the type of engine, either 2-stroke or 4-stroke. Now it will be based on cylinder size only.

Not greater than 150 cc 3%

150cc - not greater than 500cc 5%

500cc - not greater than 1000cc 10%

Greater than 1000cc 20%

This new rate of cabinet-approved excise duty will take effect from 19th December 2012.

A cabinet source revealed that this change will not affect people as 99% of motorcycles that people like to buy have a cylinder size of less than 150cc.

This new rate will mean that the Excise Department will collect a minimum of an extra 157 million baht from expensive and large-engined "big bike" motorcycles.

Link if I am allowed.

http://www.posttoday...ีหนัà¸

Edited by Briggsy

Asked Kawasaki Chiang Mai about the tax today & if

it would affect those who had deposits on bikes since before December 18th 2012

Their response was that they cannot say one way or the other until the new year.

Then asked if the price does go up are buyers who left a deposit allowed to back

out & get their deposit back. They said yes you can.

So for the small bikes not too bad at 5%

But I wonder if the larger bike buyers may balk & walk at paying

10-20% more.

We will see I guess.

But like someone said, not like there are other options either

Edited by mania

Don't forget that for domestically produced bikes, as well as excise tax, there is also VAT 7% and interior tax @ 10% of the excise tax rate.

Sorry what does that mean exactly?

are you saying when you buy a made in Thailand bike you still need to add the 7% VAT + the excise tax?

BTW I am not clear on what this 10% of the excise tax is can you explain? They have VAT & excise here?

If so what % is the excise tax?

Thanks

Edited by mania

As far as I understand it.

For motorcycles produced domestically

Excise tax is calculated on the ex-factory value. For CBR 500, this would be at 5%*

Then interior tax is added on top**. Interior tax is 10% of excise duty. In this example another 0.5% would be charged.

Then VAT is added on top**. This is currently 7%.

* I am not sure if the quoted rate of excise duty is a simple percentage or one of those weird multipliers that is used in Thai taxation. If so, the actual rate of excise duty is higher than 5%

** I believe these are compound calculations so the each tax is calculated on the running total. e.g. VAT = 7% of (value + excise tax + interior tax)

This is only my understanding and somebody in the business will be able to provide better information.

This is only my understanding and somebody in the business will be able to provide better information.

Thanks

I do see in Sumets post

That he said the previous prices already included the 7%

I am guessing others already did too?

Geez, some shocking increases there in Brian's picture.

The Diavel up 20%! 160k baht extra! sick.gif

The Kawa 650's up an extra 25-29k overnight!

At least the guys who already have them have just seen the resale value of their bikes go up nicely.

You took the words right from my mouth.

Although it's going to cost me 20% more to purchase the bike I want next time around.....