Pattaya On A Budget Is It Really Worth It ?

yoslim

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good advice in there thumbsup.gif

I try to save around 50K baht per month. Yesterday I was full of doubts but this morning my ex came over and now I'm sure it's worth it to stay, at least for now giggle.gif Let's give it one more year and see how it goes, and anyways I wouldn't want to miss the sumptuous buffet at the 10y TV party tongue.png

Think of all the Farang Enlish Teachers that have to live on 30'000 Bht a month. If you can save 50'000 a month you can consider yourself a rich man.

Cheers.

Masturbation is underrated. coffee1.gif

Well,at least you dont have to have a bath and get dressed up for itsmile.png

I do thumbsup.gif

oh a narcissast i see ,bet you watch yourself in the mirror as wellbiggrin.png

if the mirror is already paid, he can still stay within budget tongue.png

I think that you have just become a recluse. Sounds like you have money but just don't spend it

If you are broke......go home

If you are just becoming a recluse then get out and make friends

If you are just being a cheap charlie or managing your budget then why worry

The one think I don't understand is why you would make this post? Time to make some friends I think.

I know of many farang living in 2k/month rooms here. That should give you an idea of how some farang live in Pattaya. Life is grand here is you are broke/down&out. Nothing to be worried about. I'm sure they're still happy and have plenty of (cheap)fun.

i cant even and dont want to imagine living in a 2k a month room,it doesnt sound much like fun to me ,and we are not rich.

• Like 1

I live a normal life in Pattaya but with the high crime rate, corrupt BIB, falang always wrong etc... I'm even getting worried going out at night ermm.gif

Just move somewhere else. Loads of places to live.

I live just outside Bangkok. my town has good restaurants, 3 niteclubs and a relatively cheap soapy massage place.

Some good advice in there thumbsup.gif

I try to save around 50K baht per month. Yesterday I was full of doubts but this morning my ex came over and now I'm sure it's worth it to stay, at least for now giggle.gif Let's give it one more year and see how it goes, and anyways I wouldn't want to miss the sumptuous buffet at the 10y TV party tongue.png

Are you for real? Many workers in the UK and I guess Europe and the US would kill to have the opportunity (by choice) to save that much per month. AIthough perhaps not deliberately misleading I think you were being a little economic with the truth in your OP........

I live a normal life in Pattaya but with the high crime rate, corrupt BIB, falang always wrong etc... I'm even getting worried going out at night ermm.gif

Sounds highly paranoid.

I haven't had to pay a fine in ages because all my paperwork is in order.

No problems whatsoever...

I'm not paranoid, i'm in my early 30's and need to build up my retirement money... I don't want to end up broke with 0 assets in the bank in 20 years sad.png I'm lucky to have an income stream from overseas right now but I don't know how long it will last ermm.gif

I'm not paranoid, i'm in my early 30's and need to build up my retirement money... I don't want to end up broke with 0 assets in the bank in 20 years sad.png I'm lucky to have an income stream from overseas right now but I don't know how long it will last ermm.gif

Why don't you start a business, what are your skills?

I wouldn't know where to start and from what I've seen most end up losing money instead of making it.. :(

I live on the Darkside because I love to ride a bike for fitness and there is some great bike rides out here... 10 minutes from Pattaya and the only reason to go is for the girls, a nice meal, and shopping at Foodland. The only reason to live in Pattaya is girls, lots and lots and I am not talking only gogo girls, they are all over the place... Working at the mall, restaurant, and just hanging out... So if you can not afford to buy them a drink and the standard 1k baht thanks for.staying overnight fee then go home or move to Issan...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I wouldn't know where to start and from what I've seen most end up losing money instead of making it.. sad.png

eh?

There are businesses where you can't lose money, only time.

You need skills though.

Edited by manarak

You seem like you have gone slightly over the line from being a sensible saver rightly concerned about the higher inflation in the future, to almost a full blown miser I highly doubt changing your location would make a difference ....... You just need to have a little more faith in yourself and the world ....... Keep saving but have a reasonably good time as well and all will be fine in the end.

The reality is that in your early 30's unless you sold something of great value or have a very large asset base you really have no reasonable expectation that it's sensible to retire in Pattaya in the first place with an income stream that according to you is likely to stop.

Your 30ish not 60ish ........ get a job before the money runs out

I live on the Darkside because I love to ride a bike for fitness and there is some great bike rides out here... 10 minutes from Pattaya and the only reason to go is for the girls, a nice meal, and shopping at Foodland. The only reason to live in Pattaya is girls, lots and lots and I am not talking only gogo girls, they are all over the place... Working at the mall, restaurant, and just hanging out... So if you can not afford to buy them a drink and the standard 1k baht thanks for.staying overnight fee then go home or move to Issan...

True. If it wasn't for the girls (or boys if you prefer) I'm not sure why anyone would choose to live in Pattaya.

True. If it wasn't for the girls (or boys if you prefer) I'm not sure why anyone would choose to live in Pattaya.

Water sports...?

cool.png

post-72929-0-91067100-1347765761_thumb.j

You are not enjoying yourself , you are afraid your money will stop or run out , you are in a 2nd world country where things are cheaper barely living , you are 30 years old with no job ....... you think maybe the no job part might have something to do with it ?

The longer you go with no employment the harder it will be to get employed but I can promise you this ......... eventually you will need a job and when you look back you will realise that all the time you spent not having a good time was mostly because you didn't have a job in the first place. But you will defenitly look at it was a huge waste of time and a mistake when you are 45. If you were actually having a good time it would be a different thing. Most people actually need to work or benefit from working beyond the paycheck , sitting around like a bump on a log has negetive psycological consequences that you are realising now.

The job isn't so much about the money as being a contributing member of society which is why people like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerburg continue to work even though they don't need the money ..... You are 30 years old acting like you are 65 , of course it grates on your mind , because you know better , not because you are a burden on anyone but because you know 30 year olds shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing in the prime of their lives ..... keep doing what you are doing and it will get worse and worse and worse ...... Get a job and things will get better.

• Like 1

I live very comfortably ,on my O.A.P, in a small town in Buriram province, i can save money , without going without. I go to Makro,(about 70 kms away) etc., about once every 3 months- I do have a freezer,so i stock up. In our town , we have a tesco, and a 7/11 for more basic essentials. + a couple of bars . if required , there are karaoke bars as well, but of no interest to me.life is good, as well as being cheap.i suggest moving to the scrub, it is very cost effective.