5 Reasons Why Owning An Iphone 5 Will Be The Badge Of A Fool

Phil Conners

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samsung attacks Apple in new ad....see this Link for more details with iPhone5 and Samsung S3 comparison.

Partial quote from above link:

People don't buy the iPhone for all the features. They buy it for all those quirky, irrational, emotional, maddening reasons that make people's eyes glaze over and their minds work like a blancmange clock.

End Quote

Comparing iPhone5 and Samsung S3....17 reasons/pro's for each...Link

Looks like the tester has done everything possibly to find 17 "advantages" for both phone. As I read through the pro side for the iPhone the first thing that comes to mind is that most of the "advantages" are so tiny or irrelevant as to make literally no difference (Internal storage - the Samsung can add as much as you like with sdram, "a little higher pixel density", "significantly larger aperture" (2.4 vs 2.6 - anyone with some photography background would know this is a non issue) whereas the Samsung advantages are "real" - screen size, cpu speed, battery capacity, well all points really.

This whole topic is like arguing that a Ford is better then a Chevy ...... some fords are better than some chevys and some chevys are better than some fords ..... and some people just prefer one over the other and could really care less what anyone elses opinion is. Were talking a telephone here not cancer medication , to call some one a fool because they chose a telephone you don't like makes you look more foolish than the other person.

It's about as silly as calling someone a fool because they chose AMD over INTEL pretty much both are 5 times more than what they need and pretty much any new telephone works just fine and the average person will use about 10 percent of it's capabilitys and it's just personal preference based on whats cool , how they like it in their hand , what the girls at school think is cool and might get them laid ! ect.

I won't call people fools for doing it but I lived for 25 years with the same telephone and it worked just fine , why people want to buy a new telephone every year because the screen is a little better or it has a better camera they almost never use or it surfs the net slightly faster they don't really even notice is just more proof that advertising is more powerfull than common sense.

So I guess it doesn't much matter what people buy today because next year they will buy a new one anyhow ! To me that's the foolish part not which one they buy every year ..... but we all like our toys so each to his own and if spending a few hundred bucks a year on new phones makes people happy great for them.

Android is full of malware and security holes. Google "android security holes" and android malware. You take a huge risk with android in having your phone hosed with malware and your info falling into the hands of criminals.

Good grief...over half of all android phones on the planet have security flaws allowing some miscreant to take over control of the phone: http://m.nbcnews.com...h-finds-999197. Scary.

According to the article at this Link, RIM/Blackberry OS is the most secure, followed by Apple IOS, Windows Phone, and then Android....but according to the article the later three remain quite close in terms of security but miles behind RIM in terms of overall security.

[why anyone would get so excited about things they don't like.. I don't know...]

I suppose its due to the <deleted> character of Apple, their size and the control freak nature of their ecosystem that winds anyone up. The fear of being dumbed down?

Succinctly espoused when the ipad2 came out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T23Ivsa_gd0

cheesy.gif i remember seinfield

I really hate phones, chats, tv, write in touchscreens, etc.

I usually use a 500bath phones that really i don't care at all and that I never give my number tongue.png time ago I had a nokia with keyboard and later a htc but when I tried to work was impossible or improductive, many of the special characters that I needed for ssh or programing was so fuc_king hard to get... hackers like in die hard 4 sure not use android or apple toys xD

I had a Samsung Galaxy S2, I lost it out of my pocket, it was very slim, very slippery, and I was drunk, lethal combination.

My friend upon hearing this gave me an Apple 3Gs, it was an out of contract jailbroken old phone that he didn't use, and for me, I am gonna stick with iPhone, the quality of build is night and day, the iPhone blows the Samsung away when it comes to build quality,

I was anti anti Apple myself, till I got an iPod, and an iPod touch, followed by an iPad 1 and an iPad 3, the quality of build will keep me Apple.

I went into the Samsung shop and looked at the S3, again, the build quality cannot touch Apple, plastic v aluminium & glass, no contest.

Am I gonna trade in the 3Gs for an iPhone 5, you bet I am :)

Ah yes, the one thing I love about phones, the "build quality". Because without it I wouldn't be able to make calls, use apps, send messages.....

crazy.gif

Seriously, the Samsungs are so light they generally bounce rather than just smash. iPhones are renowned for being fragile in this respect.

From what I've seen, there is a lot of disappointment in the 5, it's really just a bigger iphone, and going with the bigger form factor, they're basically copying the other phone manufacturers.

Edited by Chicog

Ah yes, the one thing I love about phones, the "build quality". Because without it I wouldn't be able to make calls, use apps, send messages.....

Having owned both devices, i prefer the iPhone over the Samsung, maybe that's just me though.

Luckily, we have the choice.

My oven has better build quality then the iPhone, since it's stainless steel and double glazed safety glass. I wouldn't want to lug that thing in my pocket, though. But seeing as it's Korean, I'm pretty sure I could hype up some Thai youngster to stuff it into his back pocket. Fashion and all that.

Edited by DrTuner

crazy.gif

Seriously, the Samsungs are so light they generally bounce rather than just smash. iPhones are renowned for being fragile in this respect.

From what I've seen, there is a lot of disappointment in the 5, it's really just a bigger iphone, and going with the bigger form factor, they're basically copying the other phone manufacturers.

I've never owned an iphone but I'm not anti-Apple, I've an ipad2, however the S3 was the first phone with Gorilla Glass 2 - radically stronger than anything before. That's one of the things that tempted me; plus the screen size and 1240*720 made sense, I'm surprised that Apple haven't equaled this with the 5, it really makes a difference for gaming and movies. The S3 case is laughably flimsy, but mine is always cased; it's blue but this isn't visible once the white case is on. The gorilla glass really resists knocks and stops shattering when the phone is dropped, not because the phone is lighter. I still bought a case, though.

Here's a hint: when you do need to hit something with a hammer just for the hell of it, aim at your own forehead. What are the people doing, throwing the phones around for sports or just being plain clumsy ? I don't think I've dropped one since I .. well never, really.

Seriously mate, if you are forever dropping your phone or spilling chang on it, then get yourself one of these:

http://www.atexproof...-INNOVATION.php

Otherwise, if you are going to hit your phone with a hammer, then I would follow the other poster's suggestion and start with your forehead.

Edited by Chicog

iphone5 test results shows its way faster than quad core monster gs3! That proves how ios is more efficient than android.

Cite your source.

Engadget.com

924 ms sunspider test score. Its even better than intel medfield atom cpu which slaughtered arm cpus in high nd android devices.