Stowaway Falls To Death From Heathrow-Bound Plane

News_Editor

Stowaway falls to death from Heathrow-bound plane < br />

2012-09-13 04:15:16 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON, ENGLAND (BNO NEWS) -- An African man who was found dead in southwest London on Sunday had fallen from a passenger plane that was preparing to land at Heathrow Airport, British police said on Wednesday. The stowaway has not yet been identified but may have been from Angola.

The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), which is better known as Scotland Yard, said police were called to Portman Avenue in the Mortlake district of London at approximately 7:55 a.m. local time on Sunday after a body was found. The London Ambulance Service also attended and the victim was pronounced dead at 8:05 a.m. local time.

Police said investigators believe the man fell from the landing gear of a flight which was preparing to land at Heathrow Airport, but few other details have been released. "The death is currently being treated as unexplained," a police spokesperson said on Wednesday. "The man was not a member of air crew or a passenger."

An autopsy was carried out at Kingston Hospital Mortuary on Tuesday, but the results were not immediately known and investigators are still attempting to identify the victim. "It is possible he was from Angola as he was found with Angolan currency in his possession," the spokesperson said, adding that he was approximately 20 to 30 years old.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-09-13

Poor bugger! He didn't 'fall to his death', mercifully for him he would have died about 8 hours earlier. Of course if he can climb in to an undercarraige bay unseen, then somebody could easily put something very dangerous in their also.

I'd be more worried about him landing on someone, than I would of a bomb.

Poor bugger! He didn't 'fall to his death', mercifully for him he would have died about 8 hours earlier. Of course if he can climb in to an undercarraige bay unseen, then somebody could easily put something very dangerous in their also.

I'd be more worried about him landing on someone, than I would of a bomb.

Then may I suggest you re-jig your security awareness priorities wink.png

Poor bugger! He didn't 'fall to his death', mercifully for him he would have died about 8 hours earlier.

Indeed, probably froze to death shortly after reaching cruising altitude. No easy work doing an autopsy of a corpse that has fallen so.

Of course if he can climb in to an undercarraige bay unseen, then somebody could easily put something very dangerous in their also.

Something I've suspected for years, but don't like to mention lest it give the creeps more ideas. Security is about vacationers with shampoo bottles in their carry-ons.

Remember in the months after 9/11 all these blowhards in the media speculating on other ways terrorists can attack? (Fox News was big on this) Damned jerks probably gave lots of ideas to the wrong people.

I saw a documentary about Africans sneaking into Europe in the under carriage of tour buses. It's amazing the tight spaces they can fit into. But trying that on a plane where the outside temperature is going to get down to around -50C is pure Darwinism.

Do you mean Africans will adapt to -50C temperatures?

P.S.: that was a joke

laugh.png

I saw a documentary about Africans sneaking into Europe in the under carriage of tour buses. It's amazing the tight spaces they can fit into. But trying that on a plane where the outside temperature is going to get down to around -50C is pure Darwinism.

Do you mean Africans will adapt to -50C temperatures?

P.S.: that was a joke

laugh.png

It might take a few hundred generations, but, yeah, maybe. There is only one way to know for sure though...