Posting Letter To Usa From Bkk

bangkokburning

Depending on method sent and which state in can take up to 21 days or even 28, it may take time but it will get there eventually.

EMS can be 3 days to some areas 7 to others if you want it sent quickly. (for future reference). Interesting watching the tracking on some places in USA, it gets from Thailand to US generally within 3 days, then another 3 weeks to cross states, unbelievable. 2-3 days to cross the world, 2-3 weeks to cross state lines.

Edited by CharlieH

I paid 645 baht at local mailing service in February (high value checks). Normally use regular mail service for under 50 baht and almost always 2 week delivery to Colorado. Have never had a letter lost - but had one I though was lost only to get it returned here the next month as idiot bank had changed deposit box address and not bothered to advise anyone and forwarding time had expired.

My letters to and from UK take between 2 to 3 weeks in transit. Over 50 years ago the usual time for a letter from Singapore to be delivered in London was 3 days. Today direct flights take about 11 hours; 50 years ago there were 2 intermediate stops and more than likely the aircraft was a turboprop, not a jet. Why? Rowland Hill must be turning in his grave.