I'm Gonna Be A Father For The First Time!

jbowman1993

Just found out yesterday that my wife and I are going to have a baby, our first. Is it normal to feel so proud, excited, and scared all at the same time. What kind of advice do all you wise venerable sages have for me?

happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy

Peace

You'll learn selfless love.

You'll learn to love that new baby smell.

At about 8 months there's a wonderful turning point where the little one reacts to you.

I love the whole experience and despite all the work I wouldn't change a thing. Many parents would take a bullet for their little one's well-being, and I can relate without hesitation. I had no problem at all changing diapers.

Hot tip (just my opinion -your milkeage may vary); Don't be in there for the birth, it ruins that cute fuzzy little patch forever. You'll never forget the vision. Come in right after and you still get the glow of the new life and get to welcome the little one to the world. Tell everyone right now that blood makes you faint and your sex life will survive long term.

So what is exactly the deal on this. I've heard varying accounts...something like the government hospitals, the father isn't allowed in during delivery and the private ones, he is. What about the free social insurance birth (government paid) in a private hospital? Can anyone confirm it. If one chooses/is allowed during the delivery, are video cameras permitted? :o

Congrats

Two bits of advice ..

Be there for the birth but stay at the head end leave the butchers window view for the medical staff it is not a pretty view , try not to empathise to much ..I did and during delivery pulled a muscle in my groin .

2/ be prepared for a switch in side your head to click over I have no idea wether it is hormonal,

chemical or what but an amazing feeling suddenly hits you ...this is what you were for ,this is ????

difficult to explain you have to go through it . I have tried to rationalise it and the nearest I have come to giving and explaination is ...all your life you have loved people ina conditional way ..your mum dad ...you behave and love them because they protect and love you and reward you with food ...your girlfriend you love her she loves you and allows ( you know what ) so love to date is a little selfish it is about what is for you ....Then out pops baby for the first time unconditional love floods your body ,you would die with out question to protect the helpless blob of flesh that has just arrived you want nothing and will give everything ...boy are you emotional /confused relieved / .

Enjoy your unconditional love .

Not sure about government hospitals but you can certainly in Bangkok Pattaya watch a C section as long as its under epidural, so normal delivery would definately be fine.

Having watched three C sections under epidural I would advise any father to join his partner as it is traumatic for them, but be warned there is a LOT of blood and guts.

Chivas

Not sure about government hospitals but you can certainly in Bangkok Pattaya watch a C section as long as its under epidural, so normal delivery would definately be fine.

Having watched three C sections under epidural I would advise any father to join his partner as it is traumatic for them, but be warned there is a LOT of blood and guts.

Chivas

Watch a C section - no thanks. I was allowed into the room in Bamrungrad but there was a small screen hiding her stomach.

That hospital are terrible, btw, out to screw you. The top doctor was more interested in getting his free holiday in my daughter's Godmother's hotel, and his tee times(wouldn't have a normal birth. Stick to a government one unless you have unlimited cash. They say things are wrong when everything is normal. etc etc etc.

Government hospitals, I found out are safer if there is a problem.

Shitty ones like Bamrungrad are only for comfort.