New Iphone 5

devaram

I didn't complete the form on truemove-h because I can't proceed with existing plan. If you choose to buy without package plan discount, it was 24.400 or 24.500 baht for 16 gigs which is 1500 baht or so expensive than applestore pricing.

And now I can't pre-book online because all reserved slots are full or something. Pathetic.

Like I said before limited supply. I am TRUELY surprised True has decided to release their extreamly limited supply. Other carriers most likely are in the same boat, so I'm told, but with cash flow all but at a stand stil, folks waiting for the new phone, I guess at the last minute True with Apple's permission decided to release the few hundred thay have in stock. It will be late December before demand will ease or so I'm told.

I did hear that the Samsung 3 S Mini in large quanties will go on sale here in one or two weeks. I think this is the reason Apple gave the go ahead to sucker folks into ordering and waiting for their iPhone 5. Only problem is carriers are scared of consumer back lash if they have to wait weeks after dropping down 5000 or closer to 6000 Baht deposits and not seeing delivery. I have the Mini thanks to my son who carried one in from Europe and it makes the new iPhone look sad indeed. And it's a lot cheaper! An A I S rep all but demanded that I sell it to her when I got a SIM for it.

The fact you even compare it to the iPhone 5 is quite funny. Chunkier in all ways, screen resolution that was decent a couple of years ago, slower processor, no LTE and only a 5mb camera. Enjoy your budget smartphone anyway

Yea I guess that's why Apple is putting the chief developer of IOS 6 out to pasture, (fired). Guess that's why Samsung sells two Galexy 3's to each iPhone 5. Guess that's why Apple stock has lost over $95.00 a share in the USA. No longer can Apple package a dog turd in an Apple box and expect it to sell.

Haha. Like someone else said above, are you high? Where did I mention anywhere about which company is selling more phones, and how does that even slightly have anything to do with the fact that your phone (the s3 mini) can not even be compared with the iPhone 5 spec for spec. Yours is a budget smartphone with low end hardware, that will no doubt do well as it's aiming for a target audience who want a cheaper option. Nothing wrong with that. But comparing it to the iPhone is laughable.

Sorry for the derail everyone

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent the wife to the True shop at Central Airport Chiang Mai- she put her name on a list but no payment, basically they'll call her if they get the phone. So ... yeah. I imagine CM doesn't get any of the first batch - this is what happened with the 3GS back when.

This is the DTAC price. I just got a booking to collect at CM

The package is not attractive at all compare to iphone 4S (when first launch)

ey949l.jpg

Jeeeze almost twice the price of the 16gb Nexus 4..... I know which one I will get... baht for baht a superior phone .. Nexus 4

sent from my ..................#

Yeh that is what happened to me, name on a list but no payment. Been waiting 5 days for a phone call but no luck yet sad.png

From what i know, all operators were literally sold out within minutes of opening up the pre-booking. As such, if you have not made a deposit, your only hope is to be on the top of that list so as any no-shows will be re-allocated.

Good news, like last time, more shipments came i think one or two weeks after that, so the availability should better in 3 to 4 weeks ( pain to wait :) )

TrueMove H's "Countdown" page:

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/iphone/

LAME. It's midnight now when in fact they said 10 pm before. As if people didn't have to work the next day! TiT

I think the event begins at 22:00, but maybe Apple dictated rules mean officially product cannot be handed over until 00:01?

And you'll be playing with your new iPhone tomorrow. Work? Yeah. ;)

LAME. It's midnight now when in fact they said 10 pm before. As if people didn't have to work the next day! TiT

I think the event begins at 22:00, but maybe Apple dictated rules mean officially product cannot be handed over until 00:01?

And you'll be playing with your new iPhone tomorrow. Work? Yeah. wink.png

The advertisement said and I quote: "Pick up time 10pm at Hall of Mirrors". I need the phone urgently because mine is pretty much dead. Already 10 pm was late for me not entirely because of work, but not a fan of hanging around malls waiting for hours just for a phone. I don't need to go through any event whatsoever. I leave that to the fanboys. I simply need my phone and don't need to go through all this charade.

ey949l.jpg

Jeeeze almost twice the price of the 16gb Nexus 4..... I know which one I will get... baht for baht a superior phone .. Nexus 4

Why the hell would you pop into iPhone 5 thread and announce you are buying Nexus?

• Like 1

Nice try Troll! Nexus 4 is not available to buy yet. What makes you think you can buy nexus 4 at $299 in Thailand when it is out? Nexus 7 is sold here at a premium price. They won't sell it globally, otherwise it will block sales of Samsung, LG and Motorola handsets. Keep dreaming Trolly!

Yeh that is what happened to me, name on a list but no payment. Been waiting 5 days for a phone call but no luck yet sad.png

Well in that case, better sign up. Sign up is open once again on the true homepage, I just made a deposit.

No promises or guarantees as to when it will actually arrive but given that they have this system, and you choose where to pick it up from a list of all True shops around the country, I assume it's really a first come first serve thing this time around. I also imagine it's going to be 3-4 weeks :( the good thing is that it's limited to (1) people who already have a true number, and (2) people who managed to find the web page, so it should be not too crazy.

ey949l.jpg

Why the hell would you pop into iPhone 5 thread and announce you are buying Nexus?

Oh I'm sorry. Only apple fan boys allowed. I will get my coat :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6 using Thaivisa Connect App

Oh I'm sorry. Only apple fan boys allowed. I will get my coat biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6 using Thaivisa Connect App

You're clearly a man of distinguished taste when it comes to phones.

Yep. I don't like to waste money. I take it you are referring to the I-mobile Q6 tag.. A reasonable phone with a processing speed similar to the IPhone 4's A5 processer. 4.3 inch IPS screen (but lower resolution 800x480) .ICS (JB coming soon) for just 5995baht.

Discerning tastes perhaps :D

sent from my Q6

• Like 1

You gotta choose, man! Work, or an iPhone 5.

Obviously you were not out there and saw the disastrous organization. I am sure True's facebook wall will explode today!! I will pass the details as not really interesting to hear (and to say, since I already lost too much time), but at 3.29am I was still there, iPhone paid but with over 200 people in front of me. I simple quit could not wait anymore for their incompetence.

Good luck !!

Edited by Polanskiman

Obviously you were not out there and saw the disastrous organization. I am sure True's facebook wall will explode today!! I will pass the details as not really interesting to hear (and to say, since I already lost too much time), but at 3.29am I was still there, iPhone paid but with over 200 people in front of me. I simple quit could not wait anymore for their incompetence.

Good luck !!

Wow! Sorry to hear you didn't get your new iPhone 5 after waiting what, 6 + hours. Hopefully you're not too stressed/tired for work, and that your old iPhone doesn't die prematurely.

Why did they take so long to hand out the phones? Or did the order processing take a long time per customer? Or did they introduce each customer!

"And here is customer #337..."

Good luck !!

Wow! Sorry to hear you didn't get your new iPhone 5 after waiting what, 6 + hours. Hopefully you're not too stressed/tired for work, and that your old iPhone doesn't die prematurely.

Why did they take so long to hand out the phones? Or did the order processing take a long time per customer? Or did they introduce each customer!

"And here is customer #337..."

My iphone is already pretty much dead already. Only speaker is working, top button missing, vibrator dead, battery pretty much dead too etc but I've managed...don't ask me how!

Stressed, not really. Tired, for sure. Pissed...OH YEAH!

Queue #1: queue to get the ticket of your queue cool.png

Queue #2: waiting that you get called the number you got from queue #1laugh.png

Queue #3: Once you get called your number you go to queue for the payment somewhere else.dry.png

Queue #4: Ounce you paid and already lost 6 hours in queue, and think the torture is finished, you get directed to the pick up area and there you realize that the people who were way before you in the queue are still there waiting to get their own phone...angry.pngvampire.gif

No kidding I think I would be there until at least 6 in the morning if I hadn't left after paying and realizing I would have to wait yet another 2 hours and hadn't cut the line between queue #2 and #3! I think I jumped like 120 people at once but honestly I was going crazy.

The problem is that they launched too many phones the same day and didn't distinguish between people who wanted unlocked phones that those who want a phone with a package. Those take much more time because of the paperwork.

Also you don't really see that there are many queues, you just think that you are getting close but in fact you are queuing to get into another queue cheesy.gif

WORST PRODUCT LUNCH EVER!

Edited by Polanskiman

What I love the most is that while we were queuing, the Apple Store magically announced they were selling the iPhone5... for close to 2.000 Baht less... Sure 3/4 weeks wait but what the heck? Guess being the first has premium!

Edited by Polanskiman

What I love the most is that while we were queuing, the Apple Store magically announced they were selling the iPhone5... for close to 2.000 Baht less... Sure 3/4 weeks wait but what the heck? Guess being the first has premium!

Official Price iPhone 5 Thailand: BHT 22,900

See here.

Can't say I am too surprised about True - I wrote above if there's one thing you can trust True with it's to make a complete mess of preordering. It's too technical for the chicken people. They don't get it.

I kind of regret signing up now, I bet I am going to wait at least 3-4 weeks just like somebody simply ordering it from the Apple website.. but it's a non-refundable deposit. True is rewarding my loyalty as a customer by charging me 2k baht extra! THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

What is fascinating is: How the heck do the carriers ALL sell the phone for 23,555 baht with post paid plan... when the Apple website sells it for 22,900 with no questions asked and no limitations? It's almost like they had a little chat with each other before releasing the iPhone... hmmmm...

Actually, I am going to go on their facebook page now and bitch about the price... has a better chance of success than talking to the clueless sales drones.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

...[other msgs deleted]

Thais should boycott the iPhone because Apple don't release it the same time as their biggest markets???

Your talking about 100s of millions of phones.... I think its more a demand thing, not a judgment on Thailand's standing in the world order

ummm, I think its a supply problem. They can build them only so fast. Doesn't make sense to ship them everywhere, when they can't build them fast enough to supply their major markets on initial release.

I think there has always been a disparity between the apple.co.th price and the local MSRP, which was not directly equivalent to VAT?

Maybe best not to squawk too loudly about that? ;)

I think all of the service provider/iPhone 5 bundles offer discounts on the service which might exceed the price delta. Obviously if you don't need an 18/24 month contract then the unbundled price seems out of whack with the published apple.co.th price?

Official Price iPhone 5 Thailand: BHT 22,900

See here.

Can't say I am too surprised about True - I wrote above if there's one thing you can trust True with it's to make a complete mess of preordering. It's too technical for the chicken people. They don't get it.

I kind of regret signing up now, I bet I am going to wait at least 3-4 weeks just like somebody simply ordering it from the Apple website.. but it's a non-refundable deposit. True is rewarding my loyalty as a customer by charging me 2k baht extra! THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

What is fascinating is: How the heck do the carriers ALL sell the phone for 23,555 baht with post paid plan... when the Apple website sells it for 22,900 with no questions asked and no limitations? It's almost like they had a little chat with each other before releasing the iPhone... hmmmm...

Actually, I am going to go on their facebook page now and bitch about the price... has a better chance of success than talking to the clueless sales drones.

The TRIO knowing that the government will sooner, most likely later force them to reduce their package plans, maybe even go as far as telling them a rebate is due to each of their customers. To avoid any possible loss they are charging more for the phone up front knowing that they can ask any price which puts the onus on the consumer as to make a decision to purchase or pass. Am sure U also noticed plans are not what they were when the iPhone 4S was introduced. If one takes a new iPhone 5 to True today, asks for a SIM they are quoted a different package price than advertised or should say semi advertised when one puts their deposit down on a new iPhone 5 to include a service package. Just good business?

LoL...... Carriers are making mega bucks out of iPhones ? ........ absolutely not.

Apple sells to carriers almost the same price as they direct sell through their channels. Only benefit for carrier is those subs will most likely use a data package.

So take out your calculators, subtract the price stated above from the apple store, subtract marketing / advertising expense etc...... there aint a whole lot left.

World wide carriers are trying to coach windows / android to be better, so Apple does not have so much leverage.