New Iphone 5

devaram

Grey market - End of this month.

Officially - End of october of first week of November

According to Apple their Thai store web page says "soon"! In reality it's December. Guess Apple assumes as long as one of their new products arrive in what they consider a third World country during the same year as it's introduced to the World everything will be fine. Would love to see Thai's boycott the stupid thing but they certainly will not......go figure!

Thais should boycott the iPhone because Apple don't release it the same time as their biggest markets???

Your talking about 100s of millions of phones.... I think its more a demand thing, not a judgment on Thailand's standing in the world order

Maybe but Singapore, Apple's regional HQ always seems to get new products first even though Thai sales vastly out number Singapore sales. Reason why? Singapore doesn't have to rely on the unlocked version of the phone while here we do.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple have just listed the price for unlocked iPhone 5 in the USA.

The US prices for the iPhone 5 are $649, $749 and $849 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB models respectively.

An Apple representative told

TechCrunch

that the unlocked version of iPhone 5 won't be available in the US for several weeks, repeating a pattern seen with the iPhone 4S last year.

Closer to Thailand, the Hong Kong Apple store now shows the price there as starting at HKD$5588, with availability on 21 September.

But the big question is: will any Thai carriers have nano-sims available any time soon? Anyone check with AIS, True, dTac? With that, it's just an expensive iPod here.

Quite a differences in price between HK & UK. I thought Apple tried to keep the prices similar - other than US which is always much cheaper.

I preorder the iPhone in Germany yesterday for 699€ the waiting time is over 2 weeks!

Our operator here orange in Austria offers iPhone 5 preorder starts next week sim lock free for 199€ stay connected with operator 2 years but can use any sim card!

A new aim card catter for nano sim will come then its done in seconds!

iPhone 5 have new charger cable standard !

And lte coverage in Thailand Iam not sure maybe only inside the city!

Also apple does not follow the international sim card stanards storing the pin in the telephone boots up after crash with out entering again could be a big security problem when smart phone payment systems replace the ATM card in near future!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

iPhone 5 have new charger cable standard !

And lte coverage in Thailand Iam not sure maybe only inside the city!

Also apple does not follow the international sim card stanards storing the pin in the telephone boots up after crash with out entering again could be a big security problem when smart phone payment systems replace the ATM card in near future!

Yep, there's a new cable

Coverage in Thailand is just fine

To solve your "big security problem", go to Settings -> Phone -> (scroll down) SIM PIN and turn the SIM PIN on / change it / whatever. Apple follows the standard (and I think they have to, actually)

It's official: The iPhone 5 is another huge disappointment.

They sold 2 Million in 24 hours. Ka-ching!

They will sell them no matter what. This is the people we are talking about. These are people who have an iPhone 4s, looking at another iPhone 4s, but because they were told it was an iPhone 5 they are all saying how much better it is. There's a woman on there who says "oh, the screen is a little bigger too".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnHAfI8XeE

They could sell a brick with an Apple logo and sell millions.

Edited by thaicruze

Yep, highest user satisfaction rating in the industry will do that. It creates some expectations.

However, should it not live up to these expectations, sales fall off a cliff quickly. Just look at Blackberry or Nokia. Once upon a time, millions would buy their new flagship device on launch day too.

It's official: The iPhone 5 is another huge disappointment.

They sold 2 Million in 24 hours. Ka-ching!

They will sell them no matter what. This is the people we are talking about. These are people who have an iPhone 4s, looking at another iPhone 4s, but because they were told it was an iPhone 5 they are all saying how much better it is. There's a woman on there who says "oh, the screen is a little bigger too".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQnHAfI8XeE[/media

]

Or this?

Edited by bubba

MBk saturday will have them.

Price unknown but remember the HKG Gey market price yesterday and today is US$1100.00.

MBK price will be the US$1100.00 plus their mark up expect US$1300 on saturday. So i reckon nearer 40,000 than the 22,000-30000 at the above websites official release prices.

Expect 25,000-30,000 price range for 3-4 weeks.

Edited by negreanu

Verizon phones GSM unlocked. Wish I had preordered one when i had the chance in the US - doh.

MBK yesterday.

16GB Black 35900

32GB Black 39900

Cheaper to wait until next week fly to Hongkong buy one in Mongkok then fly back still save you 4000THB over the MBK price.

Probably see prices drop at MBK by 1000THB every 3-4days from now until stabilise around 28000THB until official realease for 16GB.

Edited by negreanu

Verizon phones GSM unlocked. Wish I had preordered one when i had the chance in the US - doh.

MBK yesterday.

16GB Black 35900

32GB Black 39900

Cheaper to wait until next week fly to Hongkong buy one in Mongkok then fly back still save you 4000THB over the MBK price.

Probably see prices drop at MBK by 1000THB every 3-4days from now until stabilise around 28000THB until official realease for 16GB.

Where do you plan to buy iPhone 5 in Hong Kong? There is none in Apple stores and other stores aren't selling cheap (especially to tourists).

Where do you plan to buy iPhone 5 in Hong Kong? There is none in Apple stores and other stores aren't selling cheap (especially to tourists).

Sin Tat plaza in Mongkok. Where everyone goes to buy phones unofficially. I am in HK every week so keep an eye on prices.

Nobody said they were cheap but last night 16GB black was 8000HKD there compared to 8700HKD in the morning.

Not cheap but cheaper than MBK. Like I said if you wait a week or 2 Sin Tat will be around 7000HKD or possibly as low as 6600HKD depending on supply.

Or you could play the reservation lottery every morning on the apple hong kong store for the following day (With HK ID)

Edited by negreanu
  • Like 1

While you guys are checking out prices in MBK, could someone be kind enough to let me know how much it is to get a battery replaced on an iP-5 iPhone 4?? Thx.

Bump. Can anyone tell me the price of an iPhone-4 battery replacement and install at MBK?? I've been quoted 3k up-country.

While you guys are checking out prices in MBK, could someone be kind enough to let me know how much it is to get a battery replaced on an iP-5 iPhone 4?? Thx.

Bump. Can anyone tell me the price of an iPhone-4 battery replacement and install at MBK?? I've been quoted 3k up-country.

As an alternative, you can get the battery from OWC online for less than $ 20 plus postage from USA and install it yourself.

Or you could play the reservation lottery every morning on the apple hong kong store for the following day (With HK ID)

I am waiting for the HK online store to start selling 'em, to be honest. Might be a while at this rate though, they're once again selling like hotcakes.

Why I'd pay significantly more to have the thing a week earlier... erm makes no sense to me.

Have prices in HK increased? The base version is 5588 HKD, which is THB 22,300... I think (?!) the iPhone 4/4S sold for 22,500 when new at the time, so I am guessing that will be the new Thai price for the iPhone 5 too. Meaning it costs just as much in HK as it does here?

I am waiting for the HK online store to start selling 'em, to be honest. Might be a while at this rate though, they're once again selling like hotcakes.

Why I'd pay significantly more to have the thing a week earlier... erm makes no sense to me.

Have prices in HK increased? The base version is 5588 HKD, which is THB 22,300... I think (?!) the iPhone 4/4S sold for 22,500 when new at the time, so I am guessing that will be the new Thai price for the iPhone 5 too. Meaning it costs just as much in HK as it does here?

i believe 4s was 4888 hkd before ip5 launch.