New Iphone 5

devaram

I bought my iPhone 5 from True preorder scam. To get less than 900 baht discount, I told them I have package with True for a year. Last year it did work and I got iPhone 4S at discounted price. But now, they insist on XL package for 899 baht / month. Why the heck should I change my 599 package which has 3gb internet, 300 minutes/sms/mms per month and 384 kbit internet after 3Gb (I signed up it before True-H emerged). So I ended up buying it for 24.550 thb, which is f*king stupid considering its sold for 22.900 thb on store.apple.com/th

Anyway, after waiting almost 2 hours, you realize you can't convince them and don't mind extra bucks.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some iPhone application that requires such vigorous and rapid hand movement? Seriously, how did someone even discover that? OK, I think I know. Overly excited fanboy, alone in the bathroom with his new thinner iPhone -.fap.fap.fap, <deleted>! laugh.png

• Like 1

Is there some iPhone application that requires such vigorous and rapid hand movement? Seriously, how did someone even discover that? OK, I think I know. Overly excited fanboy, alone in the bathroom with his new thinner iPhone -.fap.fap.fap, <deleted>! laugh.png

None of the above. Just picked the phone up and felt like something was loose inside. Shook it to make sure I was not paranoid, and there it was. No need to be a fanboy to realize something is not right. End of story!

Edited by Polanskiman

I bought my iPhone 5 from True preorder scam. To get less than 900 baht discount, I told them I have package with True for a year. Last year it did work and I got iPhone 4S at discounted price. But now, they insist on XL package for 899 baht / month. Why the heck should I change my 599 package which has 3gb internet, 300 minutes/sms/mms per month and 384 kbit internet after 3Gb (I signed up it before True-H emerged). So I ended up buying it for 24.550 thb, which is f*king stupid considering its sold for 22.900 thb on store.apple.com/th

Anyway, after waiting almost 2 hours, you realize you can't convince them and don't mind extra bucks.

That is very bad from Truemove. I was lucky DTAC didnt forced my wife to sign up the new package (more expensive)

No it's not come off my card yet. Yeh maybe you are right, I'll wait until Monday to see if I receive an email. Would just be pretty annoying if I'm pushed back in the list for receiving a phone because of slow processing

I've ordered stuff from the Apple Store in the past that specified shipping 2 - 3 weeks out. They never charged my card until the point at which the order was being prepared for shipping. You will get an email advising of that when it happens, and then your card will be charged.

Great, thanks!

Do you, or anyone else, know if I can claim VAT back on my iPhone purchase when I go back home for Xmas?

Do you, or anyone else, know if I can claim VAT back on my iPhone purchase when I go back home for Xmas?

I think this would depend on where you purchased your iPhone? As long as they display the VAT Refund for Tourist sign, and provide you with a P.P. 10 form and original tax invoice you can claim the VAT Refund at SBIA upon departure.

It's not clear to me that the store.apple.com/th, or any retail outlets here, will provide the necessary documentation to support a VAT refund.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/342488-vat-refund-primer/page__view__findpost__p__5161824__hl__%2Bvat+%2Brefund

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/540702-duty-free-apple-store-in-suvarnabumi/page__view__findpost__p__5151880__hl__%2Bvat+%2Brefund

Edited by lomatopo

At least you got it! I am waiting and have no idea when it'll come.

When did you order, and where did you pick it up?

Consider yourself lucky to have been proposed that. I am a True customer, I didn't get any discount whatsoever and was nearly thrown out of the event by the security guards the next day (although I had already paid) when I came to pick up my phone. I went straight to the event site and said I wanted to talk to the manger cause didn't want to spend more time for their incompetence. That's where 2 guys showed up threatening me.

At least you got it! I am waiting and have no idea when it'll come.

When did you order, and where did you pick it up?

Honestly don't get too excited about it. You better wait that production settles and better units come in. I am going to change my phone for the 2nd time now. Read my post above. I am sure other people are having similar issues.

Also something weird has started happening. The 3G symbol keeps showing up on the top left corner when in fact the 3G switch in the settings is off...

Edited by Polanskiman

I wouldn't get too excited either, I have the 4s and I'm keeping it, my friend from the states has the iPhone 5 and has had various problems with it, software and hardware, QC is apparently really poor, look at the MacRumors site, there's thread after thread of complaints.

My 4s is rock solid ( Apart from the iOS 6, very poor at the moment ) and I have no inclination to go for a 5, maybe a 5s next year, that will give them time to iron out the bugs in iOS 6 and the QC of the phone itself.

My advice would be if you have a 4s, hang onto it, and if you are still on iOS 5, stay with it.

• Like 1

Also, the battery is draining like crazy. I've barely used the phone today. Not even made a phone call, watched a video or listened to any music or opened any app. It was charged at 100% this morning and it's now at 77%. Notifications, 3G are off. Brightness is set to 50%, location is off etc etc so there is seriously a problem with the phone. This is yet another problem with the iPhone 5. It's just sickening to spend nearly 1000 USD to have so many problems and listening to the BS Apples serves customers about their product being the best and at the top end of the pyramid.

Edited by Polanskiman
  • Like 1

I think it may be iOS 6, it's a right balls up, unfortunately I put it on my iPad and now my WiFi keeps disconnecting, iOS 6.0.1 download didn't fix it either, will have to wait for 6.1.

Just spoke to another friend who has the iPhone 5, he regrets selling his 4s due to quality control issues, and of course he had not updated to the dreaded iOS 6, as Apple do not allow us to go back to iOS 5 we are screwed till they sort out the issues, this iPhone launch and iOS 6 have been a major let down.

I think Apples reputation for being top quality and user satisfaction is gonna take a real battering, it has already, but its getting worse by the day as more and more people get their new handsets or download iOS 6 onto their existing equipment.

Edited by Banzai99

I don't have a 4S, I have a 4, so the upgrade was a no-brainer. If I had a 4S I'd probably stick with it.

You might want to stick with the 4 as it happens till they sort out quality control, and iOS 6 is very poor, I wish I had left my iPhone 4s and iPad 3 on iOS 5.

Also, the battery is draining like crazy. I've barely used the phone today. Not even made a phone call, watched a video or listened to any music or opened any app. It was charged at 100% this morning and it's now at 77%. Notifications, 3G are off. Brightness is set to 50%, location is off etc etc so there is seriously a problem with the phone. This is yet another problem with the iPhone 5. It's just sickening to spend nearly 1000 USD to have so many problems and listening to the BS Apples serves customers about their product being the best and at the top end of the pyramid.

I have same issue with Battery.......... my old iphone 4S with a 18 month old battery already outperforms it !

I have same issue with Battery.......... my old iphone 4S with a 18 month old battery already outperforms it !

Appleviolin.gif1zgarz5.gif and soon hit-the-fan.gif

Has anyone seen any battery cases for iPhone5 on sale here in Bangkok? I havent seen any anywhere...

For my old iPhone4S, I used a Morphie battery case which really prolonged the battery life (so the phone never ran out of power during the day, even with heavy internet use)

Has anyone seen any battery cases for iPhone5 on sale here in Bangkok? I havent seen any anywhere...

For my old iPhone4S, I used a Morphie battery case which really prolonged the battery life (so the phone never ran out of power during the day, even with heavy internet use)

Went to MBK last weekend. Didn't see any. Even standard cases for iPhone 5 are limited in term of choice. I did find a 3rd party lighting cable though. 700 Baht! Original one being sold at 1.300 Baht.

I'm not going to bother upgrading until Thailand has some form of 4G. I spoke to someone from DTAC who said they've only just started testing the equipment, that means its at least 18 months away.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I'm not going to bother upgrading until Thailand has some form of 4G. I spoke to someone from DTAC who said they've only just started testing the equipment, that means its at least 18 months away.

In theory DTAC could deploy 4G on 850, 1800 or 2100 (assuming the auction stands) sooner rather than later, so the A1429 would be a good fit. And in theory it was planned that there would be an 1800 MHz LTE auction in March, 2013.

You can find iPhone 5 battery cases on Sue Pa Road.

Went to MBK last weekend. Didn't see any. Even standard cases for iPhone 5 are limited in term of choice. I did find a 3rd party lighting cable though. 700 Baht! Original one being sold at 1.300 Baht.

Why the heck you want to purchase 3rd party lightning (Not lighting) cable at 700 baht when you can get original one at 690 baht???

Link: http://store.apple.c...-cable?fnode=45

uxjxql.png

• Like 1

thanks...actually, I was spoiled for choice re cases...each of those case stores at MBK 4th flr had numerous different styles, colors, materials, cover, no cover, metal, silicon, etc

the thing I couldnt find in any shop was a battery case...

tonight I bought an official Apple lightning cable for B690 at the Apple reseller store in the Asiatique Riverfront (they already ran out of the official Apple lightning adaptors (plugging in the old wide Apple cable)

In theory DTAC could deploy 4G on 850, 1800 or 2100 (assuming the auction stands) sooner rather than later, so the A1429 would be a good fit. And in theory it was planned that there would be an 1800 MHz LTE auction in March, 2013.

You can find iPhone 5 battery cases on Sue Pa Road.

1. 4G in Thailand anytime soon...dont hold your breathe...(was in KL over the weekend...they had 4G, but here in Bangkok, they are still trying to challenge the recent 3G auction)...

2. re iPhone 5 battery cases...thanks!... I think I have to go to Chinatown anyway over next weekend, so I might take a walk around Sua Pa....the battery drains pretty quickly....

Why the heck you want to purchase 3rd party lightning (Not lighting) cable at 700 baht when you can get original one at 690 baht???

Link: http://store.apple.c...-cable?fnode=45

uxjxql.png

To be honest I didn't even check Apple's prices assuming the cable was not yet available at the Thai Apple Store. When I was at MBK last Sunday, looking for a screen protector cheaper than those sold for 800 baht at True shop, I assumed those 3rd party cables would be cheaper too than the original. Obviously I was wrong.

... And yes, lightning, typos do happen!

I wouldn't get too excited either, I have the 4s and I'm keeping it, my friend from the states has the iPhone 5 and has had various problems with it, software and hardware, QC is apparently really poor, look at the MacRumors site, there's thread after thread of complaints.

My 4s is rock solid ( Apart from the iOS 6, very poor at the moment ) and I have no inclination to go for a 5, maybe a 5s next year, that will give them time to iron out the bugs in iOS 6 and the QC of the phone itself.

My advice would be if you have a 4s, hang onto it, and if you are still on iOS 5, stay with it.

What does one expect when 14 year olds are doing the Q C ing?

I think it may be iOS 6, it's a right balls up, unfortunately I put it on my iPad and now my WiFi keeps disconnecting, iOS 6.0.1 download didn't fix it either, will have to wait for 6.1.

Just spoke to another friend who has the iPhone 5, he regrets selling his 4s due to quality control issues, and of course he had not updated to the dreaded iOS 6, as Apple do not allow us to go back to iOS 5 we are screwed till they sort out the issues, this iPhone launch and iOS 6 have been a major let down.

I think Apples reputation for being top quality and user satisfaction is gonna take a real battering, it has already, but its getting worse by the day as more and more people get their new handsets or download iOS 6 onto their existing equipment.

Should have waited till February 2013 for the Samsung Galaxy 4S?

A I S has been testing 4G in the Silom area but they will not admit to it. They also remain mum on their testing results. Tests were conducted with C A T.

Really don't want to get into just what spectrum they were testing on at this time. It may cause a panic for all new Apple iPhone 5 users.

A I S has been testing 4G in the Silom area but they will not admit to it. They also remain mum on their testing results. Tests were conducted with C A T.

Really don't want to get into just what spectrum they were testing on at this time. It may cause a panic for all new Apple iPhone 5 users.

What's the point of bringing it up if you don't want to be asked?

Not exactly a secret? 2,300 MHz so no iPhone 5 would work, not that it matters.

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/52855.php

AIS Starts LTE Trials in Bangkok

Published on: 1st Feb 2012

Thailand's AIS has started non-commercial trials of its LTE network in Bangkok and Maha Sarakham province.

AIS is using 20Mhz of spectrum provided by the state-owned telco, TOT from its 2.3Ghz allocation. A total of 20 LTE base stations are located in central Bangkok for the trial.

AIS is running another trial with CAT Telecom using its 1800MHz spectrum. A total of 8 LTE base stations are located in Maha Sarakham.

The telecoms regulator, the NBTC has allowed all mobile operators to apply for 4G testing, but only AIS applied. The regulator still hasn't formally awarded 3G licenses yet, but the operators are offering services by refarming some of their 2G spectrum.

3G licenses may be awarded around the middle of this year.

1. 4G in Thailand anytime soon...dont hold your breathe...(was in KL over the weekend...they had 4G, but here in Bangkok, they are still trying to challenge the recent 3G auction)...

Some service providers could deploy LTE/4G on existing spectrum tomorrow. There would be no need to hold one's breath?

Some service providers may choose to deploy 4G/LTE on 2100 MHz, assuming the recent auction holds.

Some service providers might choose to deploy 4G/LTE to address capacity issues, download speeds are not really a factor.