New Iphone 5

devaram

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPhone 5 will start selling on the 24th of October, reserve a purchase, with first deliveries on 2 November by the big 3.

where does one sign up?

DTAC. TRUE. AIS. Don't bother to ask them cause they will not comment. Look for word on 23 October for purchase sign-up.

iPhone 5 will start selling on the 24th of October, reserve a purchase, with first deliveries on 2 November by the big 3.

where does one sign up?

DTAC. TRUE. AIS. Don't bother to ask them cause they will not comment. Look for word on 23 October for purchase sign-up.

Would you mind sharing where you got this information?

where does one sign up?

As for today the 22nd, the True Staff in Chiang Mai believes it will be "months" before the iPhone 5 is sold here officially. No way it'll take that long of course, but they seem genuinely unaware of any imminent release date...

where does one sign up?

Would you mind sharing where you got this information?

I bothered asking to my source at TRUE and the answer was: December.

Sigh. Doesn't look like any pre-order announcements are coming today. Redsox44, you need to fire your inside sourceswhistling.gif

December 12th release date would really suck

No newer ipad or ipad mini either. But 13" retinabook is there! i really hate this long waiting times.

12th December Thailand release date.

http://senseiphone.c...dwide-09124718/

Not sure where you saw that day 12 in December would be the launch date. Other than December, Apple hasn't given any specific day. Usually iPhone launch in Thailand falls on a Friday, therefore it should either be the 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th at worst. Early or mi-month is more likely though.

Sigh. Doesn't look like any pre-order announcements are coming today. Redsox44, you need to fire your inside sourceswhistling.gif

December 12th release date would really suck

Yea, I asked today and was told there simply isn't a large enough inventory to bring it out first week of November. It now seems December may also be a streach. I just got a Samsung so I really don't care. Why buy a device that's iffy at best. When it gets here it will be old. I will say that the Samsung S3 Mini is really a nice bit of kit and will kill anything Apple puts out. Son got it for me and when I brought it to A I S to get it fired up they really flipped over it.

Online booking form is bullcr*p in truemove-h.

Not really sure why, I filled it no problem. Bangkok Post says iPhone 5 will be on sale on Nov. 2.

Actually it is confirmed, I ordered mine and it will be available from 1st November at 10pm at Paragon. Had to pay a 5.300 Baht deposit.

I didn't complete the form on truemove-h because I can't proceed with existing plan. If you choose to buy without package plan discount, it was 24.400 or 24.500 baht for 16 gigs which is 1500 baht or so expensive than applestore pricing.

And now I can't pre-book online because all reserved slots are full or something. Pathetic.

I didn't complete the form on truemove-h because I can't proceed with existing plan. If you choose to buy without package plan discount, it was 24.400 or 24.500 baht for 16 gigs which is 1500 baht or so expensive than applestore pricing.

And now I can't pre-book online because all reserved slots are full or something. Pathetic.

Like I said before limited supply. I am TRUELY surprised True has decided to release their extreamly limited supply. Other carriers most likely are in the same boat, so I'm told, but with cash flow all but at a stand stil, folks waiting for the new phone, I guess at the last minute True with Apple's permission decided to release the few hundred thay have in stock. It will be late December before demand will ease or so I'm told.

I did hear that the Samsung 3 S Mini in large quanties will go on sale here in one or two weeks. I think this is the reason Apple gave the go ahead to sucker folks into ordering and waiting for their iPhone 5. Only problem is carriers are scared of consumer back lash if they have to wait weeks after dropping down 5000 or closer to 6000 Baht deposits and not seeing delivery. I have the Mini thanks to my son who carried one in from Europe and it makes the new iPhone look sad indeed. And it's a lot cheaper! An A I S rep all but demanded that I sell it to her when I got a SIM for it.

True-H Online Pre-order is working again. However, I wasn't aware of that I had to pay 5350 baht deposit online. Although I could paid it, enforcing something like that without warning or explaining in the beginning is sick.

I decided to not to go with it. I'll try my chance at stores on 2/3 november. Or perhaps I wait to buy from iStudio once they get ahold of stock. Atleast you can get VAT tax refund form filled in iStudios unlike True-Ais shops.