New Iphone 5

devaram

My son who lives in the USA has told me that iPhone 5 deliveries have been pushed back there upwards of one month, depending on which carrier one chooses. That most likely will impact sales / deliveries World wide. Wouldn't be surprised if one doesn't see it here in Thailand till first quarter 2013 which means one would only have to wait five additional months for an iPhone 6 or posibably the Samsung Galexy 4LTE even sooner!

Story line in the New York Times has said up to 20% of delivered phones don't work well or have serious scratches on them straight out of the box causing even more headaches for Apple. Mr. Cook's in deep trouble.....

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez... HK still no online orders. Singapore has online orders, but "unavailable". Austria has online orders 3-4 weeks delivery, but rather pricey thanks to 20% VAT in the EU. Canada has it for 22k baht 3-4 weeks.

In Thailand it's now "coming soon".

Edited by nikster

Nikster

Even if singapore online order open, here do you plan to deliver it? They wont ship it to hotel lol.

Last time i wanted to buy ip4 from apple shop singapore, they asked a residence address to sell (hotels not accepted). i was pretty suprised.

available in the hundreds for walk in at HK7800-HK9000 in Sin tat plaza mongkok today.

MBK is still 31-34k sad.png

Will be in HK all next week so will try the reserve the day before lottery at the 2 apple stores. if no luck after a few days trying the lottery, will just buy in mongkok should be around 7000HKD by end of next week and would imagine MBK around 28-29k

Edited by negreanu

available in the hundreds for walk in at HK7800-HK9000 in Sin tat plaza mongkok today.

MBK is still 31-34k sad.png

Will be in HK all next week so will try the reserve the day before lottery at the 2 apple stores. if no luck after a few days trying the lottery, will just buy in mongkok should be around 7000HKD by end of next week and would imagine MBK around 28-29k

Just wait until it reduces to 25k either in hk or thailand. i know i will.

Even if singapore online order open, here do you plan to deliver it? They wont ship it to hotel lol.

Last time i wanted to buy ip4 from apple shop singapore, they asked a residence address to sell (hotels not accepted). i was pretty suprised.

Just checking SG, really.

Hong Kong, I'd use my shipito account to get it here. Shipito is quite brilliant, really, used it a few times from the USA now and no problems. They give you 3 US mailing addresses, and one in HK.

Edited by nikster

Unlocked version still not available in the USA due to "production problems" whatever the Hell that means. Too bad cause I'm going there next week.

Verizon model is unlocked.

What's the downside of the Verizon model? I think fewer 4G bands, right?

Edited by nikster

Where is the iPad mini? hur hur!

Funny you should say that....

Invitations to Apple’s next big event, announcing the highly-rumored iPad Mini, will be sent out on October 10. The event will follow a week later on October 17th, with the launch of the device coming shortly after on November 2nd.

All this according to a report in Fortune, which cites an Apple investor who has heard the dates from “multiple sources.”

You can always buy the unlocked version from the US

You could, but would LTE work on the US model if you travel to Asian countries where LTE is available ?

RE: regedit

Can you get the US version repaired in SEA?

Edited by watcharacters

I'm in the U.S. for a brief visit - got a chance to play with an iPhone 5 in an Apple Store in the Burlington (MA) Mall. I think the 16 GB unlocked model is $699, lead-times ~ 2 weeks. It seems a bit heavy to me, and is an unusual shape, in that it appears longer (top to bottom) and narrower (side to side) than the Android phones I am accustomed to using. Perhaps these dimensions are in the same ratio as past iPhones?

post-9615-0-98262200-1349458165_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-94649600-1349458199_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-61430800-1349458235_thumb.jp

Well, it's taller, thinner and lighter than the old iPhone. They just made the screen a little longer - one more row of icons. The advantage is that all apps still work and that it still fits in your pocket so you don't need a murse to carry it around...

Guys any have any clue on the actual date it will be available in Thailand ?

Is it end of Oct as rumored ? I just called AIS and check and the response was there is no campaign on the iphone5 yet as she know off but the nano sim is available for pick up.

I have someone coming over from Hong Kong on Monday so wonder if i should just get it or will the phone be available here end of the month as rumor ?

I have someone coming over from Hong Kong on Monday so wonder if i should just get it or will the phone be available here end of the month as rumor ?

Not available to buy as walk-in customer in HK either at the 2 Apple stores. Reservation Lottery system.

Available in non apple stores in Sin Tat Mongkok for HK$7650+

Not available to buy as walk-in customer in HK either at the 2 Apple stores. Reservation Lottery system.

Available in non apple stores in Sin Tat Mongkok for HK$7650+

That is more than what they quoted in the grey market at MBK !!!!!

Am wondering which iPhone 5 model number will be released by the big 2? A1428 or A1429? This might tip off 4LTE possibilities in the future. AIS did a 4G LTE test using the 850GHz spectrun a few months back. If they plan to one day go to 4G LTE on this freq only the A1429 could be used. I can see it now, whatever phone is released they, the big 2, will use a different spectrum to generate more cash flow. Believe 4G isn't that far off once the "auction" takes place?!

Just checking SG, really.

Hong Kong, I'd use my shipito account to get it here. Shipito is quite brilliant, really, used it a few times from the USA now and no problems. They give you 3 US mailing addresses, and one in HK.

thanks 4 that. how does it work with customs?.

http://www.Shipito.com/

Am wondering which iPhone 5 model number will be released by the big 2? A1428 or A1429? This might tip off 4LTE possibilities in the future. AIS did a 4G LTE test using the 850GHz spectrun a few months back. If they plan to one day go to 4G LTE on this freq only the A1429 could be used. I can see it now, whatever phone is released they, the big 2, will use a different spectrum to generate more cash flow. Believe 4G isn't that far off once the "auction" takes place?!

You are imagining things my friend. iphone 5 lifetime will be long gone when and if 4g starts here in next 10 years. Why? Because they would have paid too much money for 3g license aleeady!

I am actively trying to avoid any news on the "3G auction" ... you'd think they might as well do a 4G auction at this point, but that would make too much sense.... anyway, it's the same old BS for years and years and years... also 3G seems to work fine without this auction, thankyouverymuch.