Great Experience At Immigraton - 90 Day Reporting

rmicheald

Kudos to Immigration... I went yesterday afternoon about 14:30 to do my 90 day reporting. I didn't even have to take a number as there was no one waiting. I had recently had my work permit and visa renewed and mistakenly thought my next 90 days was from the time of the Visa renewal. The very nice man pointed out that I should have been back 90 days from my last reporting - NOT - 90 days from the visa renewal. So, I was about 2 months late "officially". He was kind enough to point out my incorrect perception and just stamped my new slip with no fine...

Thanks to him for the "break" and his consideration....

In and out in less than 5 minutes.

• Like 2

You are so right. This officer is super nice! In fact all of them. Recently lost my TM-card and was a bit worried going there. Barry, what a gentlemanclap2.gif , told me not to worry, brought me back to an officer, which smiled and issued a new TM-card within seconds.

The same goes for the very friendly lady at the residence certificate desk, who even filled in the form for me!

I have lived in many countries and Pattaya immigration gives the best service I have experienced at any immigration office!

THANK YOU!wai.gif PF.

• Like 1

What do they ask you to bring at the 90 day reporting? Any copies of anything?

At Jomtien, yes:

Copy of passport ID page

Copy of current stamp for latest permission to stay

Copy of landing card (the white card in your passport)

Copy of proof of residence such as a utility bill in your name

At Jomtien, yes:

Copy of passport ID page

Are you reporting your own experience or second hand information?

At Jomtien, yes:

Copy of passport ID page

Are you reporting your own experience or second hand information?

The former. coffee1.gif

This is the Pattaya forum. Different offices, expect different requirements.

Edited by Jingthing

Better where I live.I go once a year. The wife does the 90 day crap for me.They even call and remind her.

You can send anyone to the Pattaya Immigration to do your 90 day. This has always been the case and I have been sending my wife to do it for the past year.

Copy of passport picture page

copy of TM-card

copy of last entry stamp

copy of current visa

some form of proof of address (I use copy of yellow book)

90 day report application

You need the tm47 which you can download. I keep one filled in on my computer and that way you only need to change one or two things whenever you go.

- copy of passport - photo page, visa and arrival card

- some proof of address - house papers, contract or utility bill

...'Kudos to Immigration... I went yesterday afternoon about 14:30 to do my 90 day reporting.'

I, too, went yesterday, arriving just before they open at 8:30. As usual, it was fast and efficient to do the 90-day check

with the immigration officer [or is he our parole officer ;-) ]

One thing interesting i noticed were the large bags and stacks of paper located behind the 90-day check-in desk.

They were the prior check-in forms, from barangs...the bags had the dates...June, July and August and the stack

of papers were also check-in docs. I wonder if the 90-day check we have to perform are ever entered in a computer,

or likely just saved for a few months then discarded??

...'Kudos to Immigration... I went yesterday afternoon about 14:30 to do my 90 day reporting.'

I, too, went yesterday, arriving just before they open at 8:30. As usual, it was fast and efficient to do the 90-day check

with the immigration officer [or is he our parole officer ;-) ]

One thing interesting i noticed were the large bags and stacks of paper located behind the 90-day check-in desk.

They were the prior check-in forms, from barangs...the bags had the dates...June, July and August and the stack

of papers were also check-in docs. I wonder if the 90-day check we have to perform are ever entered in a computer,

or likely just saved for a few months then discarded??

At best, relegated to a Not_climate controlled warehouse, basement, attic etc. Then some low paid intern(s) may at some time get assigned to "populate" the database(s).

• 2 months later...

Hi all, finally arriving back in Pattaya on Mon possibly Tues 11 Dec. Have a 12 month partner visa and wondering when I arrive should I as soon as possible report to Immigration or do you wait til end of 90 days? Secondly what is the TM card and where do I get it.

Brad

Hi all, finally arriving back in Pattaya on Mon possibly Tues 11 Dec. Have a 12 month partner visa and wondering when I arrive should I as soon as possible report to Immigration or do you wait til end of 90 days? Secondly what is the TM card and where do I get it.

Brad

Tm Card is the white card which is stapled in your passport by a immigration officer after you arrive in Thailand

Brad

You have to report at the end of the 90 days cycle The time window is 14 days in front and 7 days late. If you arrive on 11 Dec., I think 10. March is your 90 days cycle (Sunday)... So you can report between 24. Feb and 17. March.

Make sure your Partner Visa enables you stay inside the country for 12 month in a row. Some Visa valid for 12 month but only 90 days inside the country, after that you cross a border. Of course in that case there is no 90 days report necessarythumbsup.gif .

They are public servants, government officials so they should be polite and helpful......it's their job.

They are POLICE, actually.

No contradiction -- police are public servants, yes?

An important point to keep in mind, even if they themselves forget.

Again today, 4.12.12 Lots of people, but desk manned with 3 officers. Fast, very friendly and professional. Thank you Immigration and thank you Barry, you never rest and work every day patiently for all of us.

Certainly the service as good or better as in my home country or several others I have been living in. Probably also one of the easiest & cheapest long-term stay conditions for over 50 years old. No tax interference, not difficult to get documents. Just 800 K. in the bank, a trip to immigration and all done. Wished it was like this everywhere. PF.

I think the Jomtien/Cholburi office is one of the Immigrations offices that permits mail-in 90-day reports, as well. Some time when you're in the neighborhood, you could ask what their specific requirements would be. I think generally you need to send it EMS with a pre-addressed, stamped return envelope with copies of certain passport pages and must be postmarked 15 days in advance of due date? (Not sure, which is why I suggest you stop by to ask them.)

I think the Jomtien/Cholburi office is one of the Immigrations offices that permits mail-in 90-day reports, as well. Some time when you're in the neighborhood, you could ask what their specific requirements would be. I think generally you need to send it EMS with a pre-addressed, stamped return envelope with copies of certain passport pages and must be postmarked 15 days in advance of due date? (Not sure, which is why I suggest you stop by to ask them.)

I have no first hand experience on this but from all I have read on the immigration website, they don't give you the grace period if you mail in. They want it postmarked 15 days prior to the due date. The thing they do mention is that the new report date you will get will be 90 days from the due date of the previous 90 day date. Also, from what the immigration site says, you don't need to submit any paperwork about your address (yellow book or lease)

You just have to mail in the follow....

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office
    Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.