U S Wants The Film "innocence Of Muslims" To Be Removed From Google

george

Should Google remove the film?  

438 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

U.S. wants the film to be removed from Google

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM

White House wants to put an end to the riots in the Middle East. Now they appeal to Youtube and Google to get rid of the film "Innocence of Muslims" on the internet. But the film remains.

The film, produced in the U.S. has led to violent riots in several countries in the Middle East. On Friday the U.S. administration asked Youtube to remove the film.

- We contacted YouTube to draw attention to the video. And we asked them to review if it violates their terms of service, White House press secretary Jay Carney told ABC News.

"It's offensive"

The White House made ​​it clear that they are not going to apologize for the film.

- We have made ​​it clear that we think that it is offensive and reprehensible. But you know - we can not and will not curtail freedom of expression in this country, said Carney to reporters at the White House yesterday.

The clip is searchable

The White House has even tried to get the clip be removed completely as search results on Google, AFP reports. On Friday, the White House wanted the search engine giant to reconsider its decision that the 13-minute movie clip, which is translated into Arabic, show up in search results. But Google refuses.

Blocked in some countries

Previously, Google has blocked the video clip for users in Egypt and Libya because of the sensitive situation. An extension of the blockages of the movie clip is also underway in India and Indonesia. A decision like Google justifies with that they can not break the laws of the countries.

tvn.png

-- 2012-05-15

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google has complied to the internet censorship requests of the Chinese government - so why the double standards

I was under the impression that Google was evicted from the Chinese mainland? Has that changed? When I was last in China I had to access Google via Hong Kong.

• Like 1

Google has complied to the internet censorship requests of the Chinese government - so why the double standards

I was under the impression that Google was evicted from the Chinese mainland? Has that changed? When I was last in China I had to access Google via Hong Kong.

You can not honestly say you do not understand the difference between Hong Kong and "China" ... or perhaps you can???

Although I do believe in freedom of speech, of press, and I really do not believe in censorship of any kind, journalism and any media, such as YouTube or Google and others, should use their own judgement in deciding what clips and other items they would be wise, in the interest of the public, to "publish" . This so called film should have never been shown, but it is too late now. All that can be done now is to try and limit the damage, by not condoning this "film". Having said this allow me to empasise that I strongly condem the wild reactions and unaccepted behaviour of uneducated and violent masses. They cause more damage to their religion than they can imagine.

• Like 2

What little I saw of the film, if one could call it that, was just nothing but trash. Just because it is trash, look at faux news for example, doesn't mean it should be censored. One can censor with one's fingers, just push the little button and you no longer have to watch. Personally, faux news is the more dangerous of the two, but I stopped watching years ago, except to see what the enemy is up to, still have some functioning brain cells. The United Police States of Corporate Amerika shouldn't censor anything.

The film in no way excuses what happened in Libya and Egypt.

• Like 2

What gets me is the publicity sends stuff like this viral!

If it wasn't in the news who would of known about it now the current view count is over 5,000,000. How? By making a fuss over it.

Gotta love America and the way it defines 'Freedom of speech'

In my opinion, this is a sucker play. The violence and protests are a preconceived action simply searching for any excuse. I mean, it could have been a new brand of jimmy dean sausage, and not matter. The region is unstable, and factions are uniting to send a wave of new mayhem directed at the US and its allies.

Much like a magician saying, "watch this hand" while the other does the real trick, these assaults are diverting attention from other possibly more devastating events. The best way to see what your enemy knows, and how they know it, is to start a small fire, and see how they react. It is like a financial institution setting up dummy accounts to see how hackers attack it, and in so doing, discover before hand their methodology.

I agree that to censor the movie would just give it more power. I am a bit surprised that the mods here at TVF have decided to post the movie in an email to all members. Don't they realize they are just promoting this nonsense?

• Like 1

Here is how it goes:

We think maybe there might be some values and morale within Islam that does not go well with modern western thinking, values and morals. There are also some cases where we can see that Islam is not always a peaceful religion.

What?? Keep quiet before we kill you too...

• Like 1

Google has complied to the internet censorship requests of the Chinese government - so why the double standards when the US is undoubtedly concerned about the security of American citizens

That's the difference between the "Free West" I like to live in, and dictatorial suppression according me, we should not give way to

Should never censor things like this.

We can not let oure freedom, lifestyle and humor been dictated by radical muslims.

These so-called rebels are just puppy’s for the Islamic radical leaders that are seeking every opportunity to make a name as a strong man against western evil.

This film was known in July already., But fanatic islamist did nothing, only organise terror again, to fall on 11 Sept. and around.

When we in the Free West do NOT stand up, we will end like the Christians in the Middle East, be second rank citizens, and have to ear for our lives. The moslims even have a name for that: "Dhimmy" .

Try to get a bible into Saudi Arabia. It will be confiscated and destructed. No same feelings to a Koran being destroyed, as the MUSLIMS have the direct thread to God Almighty and only THEY know HIS will.

• Like 1

Google has complied to the internet censorship requests of the Chinese government - so why the double standards when the US is undoubtedly concerned about the security of American citizens

While this movie offends me, the double standard is exactly that because we are not China.