New Fitness First At Q House Lumpini Building

trajan

I heard a new branch of Fitness First will be opening at the new Q House Lumpini on the corner of Sathorn Rd and Rama IV Rd.....

does Fitness First have a longer term--one lump sum payment membership which allows you to use all branches (like the Diamond membership at California Fitness)??? and if so, whats the best rate for that membership (so I can skip all the sales b*ll sh*t) :o ......

Where have you heard about it opening up at the new Q house and more importantly; when is it SUPPOSED to open?

I checked fitness firsts homepage: http://www.fitnessfirst.co.th/

but have not been able to see if all centers are covered in one membership. Also I noted they have something called Fitnessfirst Plus which sounds like they are making different categories?

The homepage did mention their "passport" membership that covers use overseas - so I would presume that would also cover all clubs in Thailand... but might just be a fancy name for part of a normal membership...

Send them an email now that you have the homepage. Cheers!

I heard from a friend... also...if you look in the classified ads of The Nation newspaper..."Fitness First Plus at Q-House Lumpini and others" is headlined in a huge employment ad for all kinds of available positions (instructors, clerks, receptionists, etc.)....so I tend to believe the rumor....as to when it will open...dont know..probably will take some months to fit-out and staff....

thanks for the website :o if anyone has any personal experience in buying a membership that allows access to all clubs (at least in Asia or the very least Thailand) I'd appreciate any insight on costs and terms ...Thanks!

Thanks for the update - I want to become a member there too. Anybody else interested can send me a PM as we should try to obtain a group discount (and opening promotion) if many interested from here.

With trajan and another of my friends we are already 3.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up I went to Fitness First at Landmark and asked about membership and rules for using other gyms. They NATURALLY :o had a SPECIAL promotion if I signed up right there (waiving the signing fee of 10.000 Baht leaving 345 Baht only for card) and then about 2000 Baht per month (a few hundred more for FF Plus meaning w. swimming pool - there is one on Suk 39 too).

Anyway; we are now 5 that wants to pursue the Q house FF+ membership - but more interested just pm me and we can hopefully get a healthy group discounts (not to mention some buddies to work out with!).

It should be noted that I was informed that FF+ Qhouse only opens in June/Juli.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Latest update is that the Fitness First at Q House at Lumpini Park opens already early May so I will next wk call the sales manager and discuss a TV group rate. Heard of 1 who paid 2500 in signup and 2400/mth at a recent promotion. I hope we can do better.

Naturally we need as many as possible from the start to "negotiate" with so if you want in please send me a PM indicating your interest soonest.

The membership will be valid in all FF clubs in Thailand and the world - unless they offer a very special price for the Q House club only.

For those who have already PMed me kindly re-confirm as your interest might have changed. I guestimate we are at least 5. Cheers!

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Digging around on the forums for a bit of feedback on this club. Anyone been a member at Q House long term and what have your experiences been? I've just joined and the immediate thing that hits me is the lack of farang clients compared to the other gyms I looked at, which is interesting as there are a lot working in the area. Second is that the place is rarely full and never a shortage of machines after work which is a pleasant surprise. I was previously a California member in Taiwan where it was a constant fight for machines. Third is that the staff are friendly enough but I haven't come across a trainer or instructor that speaks good english. When I joined I thought I'd try some personal training sessions cos I'm not very gym savvy (read chubby and middle-aged) but I'm not keen on miming my way through. Anyone else got experiences or recommendations for the place?

Digging around on the forums for a bit of feedback on this club. Anyone been a member at Q House long term and what have your experiences been? I've just joined and the immediate thing that hits me is the lack of farang clients compared to the other gyms I looked at, which is interesting as there are a lot working in the area. Second is that the place is rarely full and never a shortage of machines after work which is a pleasant surprise. I was previously a California member in Taiwan where it was a constant fight for machines. Third is that the staff are friendly enough but I haven't come across a trainer or instructor that speaks good english. When I joined I thought I'd try some personal training sessions cos I'm not very gym savvy (read chubby and middle-aged) but I'm not keen on miming my way through. Anyone else got experiences or recommendations for the place?

Can you tell us what are the prices now at that location? I'm interested in a one year membership probably.

The rack rate was something like 2,800 per month plus 15,000 joining fee which made it an outrageous rip-off at almost 50,000/year although they easily came down to 35,000/year. That seems to be their standard pitch.

I paid cash upfront for 12 months at 26,000 (10,000 one-off joining fee + 1333 per month). Not bargain basement but less than my gym back home and definately cheaper than California was in Taiwan.

• 5 months later...

does anyone know if Fitness First has a special lifetime (use of all clubs internationally) membership available for a lump-sum payment akin to the Diamond card membership at California or the Black card membership at True Fitness? If so, how much (after all bargaining is done)?

thanks!!

• 2 months later...
I wish I could get an information about monthly memberships ... can anybody tell me?

I am currently a member at FF Q house... Its a great club. Theres two membership options. First is a 3 month contract that's quite a lot more than the 12 month contract. I joined with the 12 month plan, and they waived the joining fee and lowered the monthly price to around 1600.

Its never crowded, and the staff are all extremely friendly. Another great thing is the cleanliness of everything. Its stellar.

Anyways, hoped this helped.

Btw, ask for the sales man named Jim. He's very good. Speaks english well too.

• 4 months later...
I wish I could get an information about monthly memberships ... can anybody tell me?

I am currently a member at FF Q house... Its a great club. Theres two membership options. First is a 3 month contract that's quite a lot more than the 12 month contract. I joined with the 12 month plan, and they waived the joining fee and lowered the monthly price to around 1600.

Its never crowded, and the staff are all extremely friendly. Another great thing is the cleanliness of everything. Its stellar.

Anyways, hoped this helped.

Btw, ask for the sales man named Jim. He's very good. Speaks english well too.

FF Q House sounds nice, but I am looking for a membership that I can use at clubs around Bangkok and in Singapore. I would love to know what it would

cost me to join Fitness First and be able to go any Fitness First around the world.

I have been looking at True Fitness here, but if you want to use other clubs, you need to buy a VIP pass. I have heard that they are

asking 90000 up front for a VIP. Coming from the US, that is a bit pricey for me, to say the least.