Is Gettng A Tattoo Safe In Thailand

ukquest

Hi All, I am going for a two week holiday in Thailand. I will be staying in Bangkok's Khao San Road and travelling to Phuket. While in Thailand... I am considering getting a Japanese Kanji tattoo's because i am assume it will be significantly cheaper there. My questions are one is it generally safe to get a tattoo in Thailand especially from infections like hiv? Secondly, what should i look for in a Thailand parlor and what questions could i ask the tattoo artists to ensure it is safe? And, thirdly can anyone recommend me any good tattoo parlors in Bangkok or Phuket particurlay Japanese parlors?

Thank You

I have had tattoos in thailand, no problems, the tattooist and her parlour used the same sterilisation teqniques as the do in Oz.

Take a look at this pdf. If your really hairy, just make sure you shave the area your getting stabbed. I will be geting more wor done in Thailand, Phrae specificly.

Ask the same questions that you would ask in your home country. That was easy.

I have a tattoo done by monks in a temple with no sterilization. Yup, that's me, living on the edge. That was 3 years ago, and after several tests, no HIV, or Hep or anything. I have never heard of a case of HIV from tattooing here, only from injection needles.

As for kanji, I would brink your own chosen design for them to copy. Tattoo artists is a protected profession here, so finding a Thai tattooist who knows his kanji would be tough.

I guess you will know that you found a safe place, if the tattooist has no problems showing you how he does sterilize his equipment and furthermore, can show you where he gets his ink from and might even have certificates of safety for those inks (i.e. tested for lead and other poisonous ingredients and tested to be anti-allergic).

• Like 1

I have had tattoos in thailand, no problems, the tattooist and her parlour used the same sterilisation teqniques as the do in Oz.

Take a look at this pdf. If your really hairy, just make sure you shave the area your getting stabbed. I will be geting more wor done in Thailand, Phrae specificly.

If you go to a decent tattoo artist they will do the shaving even if you are a bit hairy. Hairs and an open wound (tattoo) don't mix too well.

I think they are safe and absolutely no chance of being eaten by tigers while getting tattoo in Bangkok.. or is that another thread?

I am not sure about how familiar with Kanji tattoo's they would be but Jimmy Wong or his daughter Joy's shop both have very good reputations.

Enjoy thumbsup.gif