Went there with a friend for the afternoon lunch buffet and here is the review

Food Selections

Pasta Live Station

Thai Noodle Live Station with Beef

Salad Station & Bread

Dessert Station

Craving - Chicken Only

Hot Food - About 10 selections

Ambience wise and food quality it evens out the holiday inn, service is very prompt and the restaurant just edges out on good decor and good food presentation.

Food taste is there and very good for buffet style. Hot food is at the right temperature and the cold cuts were presented well.

For value ...holiday inn still makes a better choice unless u are trying to impress someone ...I still prefer the Sunday Brunch at Meriden more than the usual Lunch buffet.

Thanks for all of the food reviews you are doing clap2.gif and just for a change no one has (as yet) accused you of being a share holder or other such nonsense.

If something as specfic as a lunch time buffet any chance of adding opening hours (or which days if isn't 7 days a week) plus a clue as to pricing would really add to the value of the posts thumbsup.gif

Went to sunday brunch at lemeridian this month and found it to be a waste of money food badly prepared. sure they had seafood prawns crab not very tasty and the salad selection was very poor.there was leg of lamb great if you like eating raw lamb,and a very poor selection of vegatables. few years ago it was really good but ever since the this chef has taken over its gone downhill when the italian chef was there it was great. but now for 850baht no thanks.

Edited by khunphilip
  • Like 1

Thanks for all of the food reviews you are doing clap2.gif and just for a change no one has (as yet) accused you of being a share holder or other such nonsense.

If something as specfic as a lunch time buffet any chance of adding opening hours (or which days if isn't 7 days a week) plus a clue as to pricing would really add to the value of the posts thumbsup.gif

For sure people are always coming on here with how wonderful. how cheap, how expensive it is and very few tell when it is open.

I like that he at least took the time to mention the difference between the lunch buffet and the Sunday Buffet. I didn't know they had a lunch buffet.

Went to sunday brunch at lemeridian this month and found it to be a waste of money food badly prepared. sure they had seafood prawns crab not very tasty and the salad selection was very poor.there was leg of lamb great if you like eating raw lamb,and a very poor selection of vegatables. few years ago it was really good but ever since the this chef has taken over its gone downhill when the italian chef was there it was great. but now for 850baht no thanks.

Can't really comment on any of the buffet's there. Except the Christmas diner one there. It was excellent. The only thing I missed was they did not have cranberry sauce. So I used some mint Jelly they had there for the Lamb and guess what it goes good with turkey.

Can't disagree more. It's so much better than the Holiday Inn, it doesn't even compare. I go there about once a week, sometimes to the nightly buffet, sometimes to the special Sunday brunch. I've been to the Holiday Inn 3-4 times for buffet and there is a world of difference. No, please don't accuse me of having anything to do with Le Meridien, I just love the food and think it is a great value.

We have the discount card and we get 50% off so we tend to go to the Le Meridian buffet quite a bit. I've been there at least 50 times in the last 2 years. I've never been bitten by a mosquito or had a raw leg of lamb. It's not the best buffet in the world but I find it superior to the Holiday Inn. Generally if I want cheap I go to Grandview, if I want middle of the road I go to Le Meridian, and if I want top quality I go to the Mandarin Oriental. It's a miracle I don't weigh 300 lbs.

How much is the discount card Fearless ? Maybe worth the investment as I eat at hotels quite a bit

I agree this is a much better buffet spread than holiday inn just from a value point of being twice the amount charged ...with a 50% discount card well that changes things

Agree - Holiday Inn (Value) / Mid Range Meriden and Shangrila and the brunch at Mandarin is one of the best if money is not concern ...

Thankfully the good doctor at CM RAM tells me last week I am good for another year of feasting ....

It's called the Starwood Priviledge card or something like that. My girlfriend buys it every year for 5900 baht. It includes vouchers for a free night's stay at one of the Starwood hotels (Sheraton, Le Meridian, etc...) and a free massage voucher, among other things. The best thing for us is that when you use it with 2 people, one meal is free. A few meals, a nights stay, and a massage, and the card pays for itself.

We have the discount card and we get 50% off so we tend to go to the Le Meridian buffet quite a bit. I've been there at least 50 times in the last 2 years. I've never been bitten by a mosquito or had a raw leg of lamb. It's not the best buffet in the world but I find it superior to the Holiday Inn. Generally if I want cheap I go to Grandview, if I want middle of the road I go to Le Meridian, and if I want top quality I go to the Mandarin Oriental. It's a miracle I don't weigh 300 lbs.

I usually sit over on the bench seats on the left hand side as you walk in, and have always been bitten by the mozzies that hide under the seat.

I usually sit over on the bench seats on the left hand side as you walk in, and have always been bitten by the mozzies that hide under the seat.

Errrrr so sit somewhere else or wear repellent.

"The discount card the price to join is 5900baht and the discount for one person in the restaurant is 25% and 35% for two persons"

Not to start a battle but there are two of us and we only pay for one meal. The tax is still for 2 meals though. We have been going for years using the card so I am not mistaken here. In addition we get two free breakfasts. I'm not sure why you have gotten a different plan.

Fearless is right...it's called the Starwood Priviledge Card and costs 5900baht and u can use it not only at the Meriden but other locations within Thailand and SEA

I encourage all to read the website for more info..it's a good value card as mentioned if u go to hotels often as it cost $200USD and the value that you get in return in Thailand is great and fast to recover the costs.

Cheerios

Lawrence

Been to Le Meridien for lunch, dinner, breakfast, and brunch maybe 30 times. Not once did I get bitten. Or maybe I was too focused on the good food?

• 2 months later...

You know, I really think there is an opportunity for someone to do a regular restaurant review of chiang Mai dinning. Kinda like a roving reporter who posts a weekly food review. Man about town type of article. Just my 2 cents.

Kevin

I personally prefer the once a month Sunday Lunch at the D-2 Hotel, which is held on the last Sunday of the month. The cost is 699 baht inclusive with latte, or tea, and there is a 10 % discount for Dusit Gold Card Members. The food is of the highest quality, and is fresh, and there are many creatively prepared Thai and Western dishes to choose from. If you are a cheese lover, that platter is worth the price alone!!

Selection may vary from month to month, but there is usually roast beef that you can cut with a fork (not a chainsaw), a wonderful sushi bar, and the desserts are fabulous.

• Like 1

have a look at my postings kcore...I probably covered most of the hotel buffets / restaurants ...and there is another on the best restaurants with 50baht local dishes with lots of contributions from the TV community.

Will do and thank you for your time and energy. Much appreciated.