Lets Try It Here

daleyboy

I tried posting this in the central Thailand forum, but it is a bit of a waste ground there and nobody really posts or reads, so i am posting it here hoping to get a few replies, especially to the second part of my question about rentals in Bangkok.

I am looking for car rental places around the Khao Chagan area. The wifes village is about 30 minuts from Khao Chagan and i wouldnt mind renting a car for the few days we are there.

I have also thought about renting in Bkk and driving up there myself, how easy do you reckon it would be? I dont fancy driving through bangkok so i would like a rental place just outside bangkok, somewhere i can get a taxi too then drive the rest of the way myself.

What route would you take?

Forgot to add anybody got any prices for a car for say a week. Need something that i can fit a car seat and room for 2 adults and luggage. The ideal motor would be one of those pick-ups with the double cab on them, as long they have seat belts in the back. I would want proper insurance as well.

I used to rent from the airport and the easiest to use is AVIS,their office is in terminal 2 and the cars are parked just outside.As regards driving when leaving the airport you have to u-turn to be able to head north and the u-turn is just after the domestic teminal KEEP LEFT and you will see.The motorway will take you north towards Ayutthaya or Saraburi.Cars cost about 1400 baht a day but you can book online and will get a discount for more than 7 days.

Cool no worries, looks like the airport is the way then.

Wasnt planning on going straight up north week in Bkk first. :o

Khao Chagan is more East than North, so will it be easier to go North first and then cut across? Never really paid any attention in the past, on the bus i usually just go to sleep as we always took the first bus in the morning which is like 5am.