Is Thailand Next?

Kabinretiree

The situations are a little different. The Jews were completely non-violent and discriminated against purely because of their religion. Radical Muslims are considered "anti establishment, inferior, backward and problematic" because of their violent behavior and constantly resorting to terrorism..

With the risk for being called an anti-semetic, which period are we talking about when you say the Jews were completely non-violent?

He refered to the holocaust and German Jews were pacifists, but they learned their lesson after that.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few friends were having a similar discussion on Saturday evening. One of my friends came up, with what I thought was, an alternative view on why people of the Islamic faith seem to be easily riled.......they don't drink and therefore don't get the opportunity to let off a bit of steam now and again.

Sounds quite plausible to me.

You forgot to mention sexually repressed. They need to get their ashes hauled more often.

I'm lost. Is that why we have an influx of middle aged men coming to Thailand?!?

You are surely not comparing the sexual freedom of the west to muslim countries are you? Just because of an influx of middleaged men to Thailand, doesn't mean that the countries they come from are sexually repressed. It has more to do with the availability of younger women for older guys.

A few friends were having a similar discussion on Saturday evening. One of my friends came up, with what I thought was, an alternative view on why people of the Islamic faith seem to be easily riled.......they don't drink and therefore don't get the opportunity to let off a bit of steam now and again.

You forgot to mention sexually repressed. They need to get their ashes hauled more often.

No I think they manage that quite well, both individually and in couples. There is even a section in their "instruction manual" on how to and with what during different months of the year.

They have 4 wives! <deleted>? what are they doing with them if they are sexually repressed?....Oh yeah stoning them i forgot

They have 4 if they can afford them, but if you are unmarried you better get comfortable with your right hand.

No I think they manage that quite well, both individually and in couples. There is even a section in their "instruction manual" on how to and with what during different months of the year.

How do they manage it individually? You mean self-pleasuring?

I'm lost. Is that why we have an influx of middle aged men coming to Thailand?!?

You are surely not comparing the sexual freedom of the west to muslim countries are you? Just because of an influx of middleaged men to Thailand, doesn't mean that the countries they come from are sexually repressed. It has more to do with the availability of younger women for older guys.

Oh I see rolleyes.gif

You could argue the West is fortunate the Islamic nations currently don't have advanced manufacturing, aviation & electronics industries

Erm...Saudi, Malaysia, Indonesia...?

One could even add India to that list, where the Muslim "minority" has a lot of influence and power....

While not on a par with the West,, these nations are hardly just sitting around in war torn countries seething about the US all day long....

You omitted my second sentence that did mention the examples of Malaysia & Turkey. Good point regarding India, but given they don't have particularly friendly relations with Pakistan don't think they will transfer any technology/I.P. to the Islamic world anytime soon

How do they manage it individually? You mean self-pleasuring?

Is there any other way?

Good Muslims as you put it do lots for the fight against terrorism. There are scores of them in the Security Services, many in undercover roles taking huge risks for the fight against extremism.

Look at the help the US received from Muslims in tracking and finding Bin Laden. Look at the price they have paid.

I've had the pleasure of working with Muslim interpreters in Afghan who feared their families would be murdered should their identities be known. All in the fight against extremism.

To dismiss these acts of bravery, to mock those who do take a stand, is insulting in the extreme.

I will use your own analogy and say all Americans are to blame for allowing their fellow countrymen to provide funding and arms to the IRA, to fight a conflict against one of the US' own allies.

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Anyone who has actually worked with muslims in these situations will know that they risk far more than being killed. No american soldier worries about the neighbours coming to slaughter his family just because he is in Afghanistan/Iraq/where-ever.

USA is so ambivalent - funding the IRA is an excellent example of how they sow the seeds of worldwide resentment......

Off topic. But, your example is bull puckey. The US government did NOT fund the IRA.

Individual Americans of Irish ancestry did.

USA is so ambivalent - funding the IRA is an excellent example of how they sow the seeds of worldwide resentment......

The "USA" did not fund the IRA, some private citizens did. I have never met anyone who donated to their cause.

No need to apologise about where the "donations" came from. ;) I didn't meet them either, but I saw the results of their "generosity" on the streets of Belfast for years...

They have 4 wives! <deleted>? what are they doing with them if they are sexually repressed?....Oh yeah stoning them i forgot

They have 4 if they can afford them, but if you are unmarried you better get comfortable with your right hand.

A Muslim mother is talking to her daughter on her wedding day and says

"tonight your new husband will want to put his most prized possession in the place where you pee"

Daughter replies

"why would he want to put his cricket bat in the sink?

• Like 1

The "USA" did not fund the IRA, some private citizens did. I have never met anyone who donated to their cause.

No need to apologise about where the "donations" came from. wink.png I didn't meet them either, but I saw the results of their "generosity" on the streets of Belfast for years...

Oh goody goody and American IRA thread. I'll be on the Irish side OK?

Good Muslims as you put it do lots for the fight against terrorism. There are scores of them in the Security Services, many in undercover roles taking huge risks for the fight against extremism.

Look at the help the US received from Muslims in tracking and finding Bin Laden. Look at the price they have paid.

I've had the pleasure of working with Muslim interpreters in Afghan who feared their families would be murdered should their identities be known. All in the fight against extremism.

To dismiss these acts of bravery, to mock those who do take a stand, is insulting in the extreme.

I will use your own analogy and say all Americans are to blame for allowing their fellow countrymen to provide funding and arms to the IRA, to fight a conflict against one of the US' own allies.

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Anyone who has actually worked with muslims in these situations will know that they risk far more than being killed. No american soldier worries about the neighbours coming to slaughter his family just because he is in Afghanistan/Iraq/where-ever.

Off topic. But, your example is bull puckey. The US government did NOT fund the IRA.

Individual Americans of Irish ancestry did.

And now individuals of a certain nationality/faith are clubbing together to do things you don't like. I see big parallels here,,,,,,,

"The Religion of Peace?" It's all the fault of the US?

Scroll clear down for a long list of worldwide Muslim terrorist attacks across the globe, just in the past 30 days!

I see that at least 3 of them occured in Thailand. What did Thailand do to inherit the wrath supposedly aimed at the US? Does someone think there isn't a problem in S. Thailand?

This is a worldwide problem, started by Muslims who intend to either convert everyone to Islam or KILL them.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

It would serve your post a lot more credence not to point to dedicated anti Islamic hate sites. Regards Thailand look up conflict in the Deep South from independent media sources, not hate sites - it's nothing to do with America

EDIT: You are sounding as blind and ill informed as the Muslims demonstrating and blaming the US government about "that film"

So, just please tell me which one of those listed Islamic terrorist attacks in untrue? You can't win a debate by attacking the messenger.

Scroll clear down for a long list of worldwide Muslim terrorist attacks across the globe, just in the past 30 days!

I see that at least 3 of them occured in Thailand. What did Thailand do to inherit the wrath supposedly aimed at the US? Does someone think there isn't a problem in S. Thailand?

This is a worldwide problem, started by Muslims who intend to either convert everyone to Islam or KILL them.

It would serve your post a lot more credence not to point to dedicated anti Islamic hate sites. Regards Thailand look up conflict in the Deep South from independent media sources, not hate sites - it's nothing to do with America

EDIT: You are sounding as blind and ill informed as the Muslims demonstrating and blaming the US government about "that film"

So, just please tell me which one of those listed Islamic terrorist attacks in untrue? You can't win a debate by attacking the messenger.

referring to your post re Thailand and linking to the US. In any case the list you refer to is nearly all Shiite versus Sunni, do you really care?

Edited by simple1

I thought it was manditory on Thai Visa. No?

@ NeverSure

You are talking nonsense.

1. There are two radically different histories of WW II, the one that was actually fought, and the one where the US kicked everyone's assess. Guess which one Cold War-era classrooms in the US were allowed to teach? Here's a hint: It's the same one Hollywood chose to film.

World War II wasn't just a clever name. It was a global conflict that included epic acts of heroism by non-Americans like the storming of Madagascar, the Battle of Westerplatte, the Battle of Moscow, the Battle of Kursk, the epic Kokoda Track, the pilots of the Polish Underground State, the details of El Alamein or the HMS Bulldog.

Of course, Americans never hear about any of those unless, as in the case of the classic submarine film U 571, the characters are just straight up switched to Americans. To quote George S. Patton: "Americans love a winner," which you know because you saw Patton, the film that portrayed Field Marshal Bernard "Rommel-killer" Montgomery like a buffoon simply because he was British.

You also neatly ignore Stalin in your claim that I'd be goose-stepping around today.

2. You have fallen into the classic trap of blaming all Muslims for the acts of an extremist minority, without even understanding any of the motivations. Sep 11 did not happen because of an insult.

Perhaps I should join you and blame all Americans for your country's foreign policy mistakes? So I'll blame you personally for Cambodia, Vietnam, Cuba, IRA funding etc ad nauseum and conclude Americans are evil.

Your language directed towards Muslims is crude and unhelpful.

Oh, I'm not claiming that the US was alone the victor, or that others didn't play a big part. Yes, Russia was an ally and a good one. The Brits fought like bloody hell. Never underestimate a Brit. In addition to throwing everything they had into the fray, the Brits invented radar right in the middle of that war and gave it to the US. It astounded the Germans as to why their fighter planes couldn't then find allied bombers and how the bombers slipped through. It was because the Brit's radar found them first and avoided them. Many planes and lives were saved by that. There are many, many things for all of the allies to be proud of and thankful for.

On the other hand, when the US hit the beach at Normandy, the French had already surrendered to Hitler. It had been maybe 3 years already and many of the French gals had actually married occupying German soldiers. One could never tell friend from enemy. Yet the US and allies marched through France and liberated it, and then went straight into Belgium into the teeth of Hitler's main army and fought the very bloody Battle of the Bulge. Hitler lost and he was basically finished right there.

That's not revisionist.

As for the Muslims, sorry you're blind to what they are and what they do. Do I have to post that list again of their many worldwide terrorist attacks in just the past 30 days? Is someone yet going to explain to me what the Thais did to incur their murdering wrath a few times in the past 30 days (as shown on the list I posted?)

Some here seem to want to blame the US for the Islamic terrorism. I blame the murderers. They murder all over the world from a train station in France to a massacre in a school in Russia.

I know mass murderers when I see them. I'm not allowed to go into mass murdering mode when I'm insulted or unhappy, because it's immoral and illegal. Some would give the Islamic terrorists a pass for it though. After all, they are insulted or something.

Some video made them do it? Bull pucky.

@ NeverSure

1. There are two radically different histories of WW II, the one that was actually fought, and the one where the US kicked everyone's assess. Guess which one Cold War-era classrooms in the US were allowed to teach? Here's a hint: It's the same one Hollywood chose to film.

World War II wasn't just a clever name. It was a global conflict that included epic acts of heroism by non-Americans like the storming of Madagascar, the Battle of Westerplatte, the Battle of Moscow, the Battle of Kursk, the epic Kokoda Track, the pilots of the Polish Underground State, the details of El Alamein or the HMS Bulldog.

Of course, Americans never hear about any of those unless, as in the case of the classic submarine film U 571, the characters are just straight up switched to Americans. To quote George S. Patton: "Americans love a winner," which you know because you saw Patton, the film that portrayed Field Marshal Bernard "Rommel-killer" Montgomery like a buffoon simply because he was British.

You also neatly ignore Stalin in your claim that I'd be goose-stepping around today.

2. You have fallen into the classic trap of blaming all Muslims for the acts of an extremist minority, without even understanding any of the motivations. Sep 11 did not happen because of an insult.

Perhaps I should join you and blame all Americans for your country's foreign policy mistakes? So I'll blame you personally for Cambodia, Vietnam, Cuba, IRA funding etc ad nauseum and conclude Americans are evil.

Oh, I'm not claiming that the US was alone the victor, or that others didn't play a big part. Yes, Russia was an ally and a good one. The Brits fought like bloody hell. Never underestimate a Brit. In addition to throwing everything they had into the fray, the Brits invented radar right in the middle of that war and gave it to the US. It astounded the Germans as to why their fighter planes couldn't then find allied bombers and how the bombers slipped through. It was because the Brit's radar found them first and avoided them. Many planes and lives were saved by that. There are many, many things for all of the allies to be proud of and thankful for.

On the other hand, when the US hit the beach at Normandy, the French had already surrendered to Hitler. It had been maybe 3 years already and many of the French gals had actually married occupying German soldiers. One could never tell friend from enemy. Yet the US and allies marched through France and liberated it, and then went straight into Belgium into the teeth of Hitler's main army and fought the very bloody Battle of the Bulge. Hitler lost and he was basically finished right there.

That's not revisionist.

As for the Muslims, sorry you're blind to what they are and what they do. Do I have to post that list again of their many worldwide terrorist attacks in just the past 30 days? Is someone yet going to explain to me what the Thais did to incur their murdering wrath a few times in the past 30 days (as shown on the list I posted?)

Some here seem to want to blame the US for the Islamic terrorism. I blame the murderers. They murder all over the world from a train station in France to a massacre in a school in Russia.

I know mass murderers when I see them. I'm not allowed to go into mass murdering mode when I'm insulted or unhappy, because it's immoral and illegal. Some would give the Islamic terrorists a pass for it though. After all, they are insulted or something.

Sorry you've still not 100% correct. The US, British and Commonwealth forces, Free French, Free Polish etc etc landed on D Day in Normandy. The Russians were the main contributors to the defeat of the German military ground forces. Total German military forces killed by Russian forces was around 3.5 million.

• Like 1

@ NeverSure

That's not revisionist.

Sorry you've still not 100% correct. The US, British and Commonwealth forces, Free French, Free Polish etc etc landed on D Day in Normandy. The Russians were the main contributors to the defeat of the German military ground forces. Total German military forces killed by Russian forces was around 3.5 million.

Even better a WWII thread. Can I be the Canadians?

• Like 1