Uktv Is Back

worgeordie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the UK TV system working fine. No problems except when they did maintenance during the Singapore F1 ;-(

It is now October the 1st and as promised the trial has finished and full paid for service starts.

The ability to download and record is excellent and the 5 day programme guide is good you can watch TV at a sensible time.

On a 7mb 3BB connection I have not yet experienced any problems.

I only wish that they would actually provide details of how to pay.!! Time to phone support ;-)

In my opinion, they are legit and provide good service AND support. They suspended the UKTV service last April but their other streaming services for other European countries were not affected. I assume that they worked out the possible legalities with UK channels streaming here in the interim. Since the service will work outside Thailand, it may not even have been a Thailand-specific issue that caused the suspension.

Previous subscribers (UKTV already have their email addresses) were the first to be contacted with notification of service resumption AND payment details. I bank with Bangkok Bank so easy enough to do a payment online and the paid service was activated within the hour. I will pay month-by-month to see how the service performs and if satisfied, will put them on auto-renew. PayPal would probably be handier for some as there will probably be service charges levied by other Thai banks to make payments.

I am not associated with them in any way, just a happy subscriber.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys why dont you just watch uk tv from a legal service provider and its 100% free no monthly fee's nothing free free all you have to do is connect via VPN on UK IP or Turkey IP and you can watch free as much as you want inc 100s more channels just click on SD its free .

Here http://www.filmon.com/

you dont need to pay anyone for uk tv there are also 100s of other websites offer same service free - But link above is best

^

I'm fully aware and have been getting the channels for free however the VPN or tor system is unreliable slow and not as good picture quality ,uktv is worth the fee just for the reliabilty,quality ,features and ease of use of the system IMHO.

Just finished watching F1 Pracrice session 3 Live........ So far as I am aware there in NO Company here that shows the Live F1 Pracrice sessions... always watch on TV via PC for a very long time...

I just cannot see why some pay so much per month/year.......

You can get a PC made for less then 6,000 baht just for the TV uses if you use your normal PC at the same time as watching TV..........

or go into a PC shop and buy a 2nd hand one from 1,500 baht......

a USB - HDMI Adapter cost 1,900 baht........

even a 1GB Graphics card with HDMI cost from 1,400 baht..

so now your set to watch live in full HD. over the internet...

Of course if you want can pop in a big Hard drive or a USB HDD and record + all is FREE.

As for quality, I have always found that there are many LIVE links [F1 just now there were 10 links from around the world] you pick the best and in the language you want..

downside you have a PC keyboard on your coffee table is instead of a remote control.

• 1 month later...

My 15 month old is absolutely livid! The CBeeBies free demo is missing today!

There's another channel missing on the paid version as well because there's only twelve channels listed now. Can't be certain but I think BBC3 used to be available but it's not listed now.

• 8 months later...

Have been watching UKTV-Asia on demo mode for about a month. Found it excellent as I can record programs that I want to watch up to 5 days after it is shown.

However yesterday I noticed that I could not watch live streaming after 5am UK time and today no programs at all are shown.

Anybody else have this propblem or maybe it is because they have suspended my demo trial period.

Have emailed them but have had no reply -maybe they have closed down.

Any info appreciated

• 2 months later...