Uktv Is Back

worgeordie

Just had an email today that advised UKTV is back providing

British Tv., downloaded the player, 14 channels, good picture

and sound, no buffering (for me anyway) and it is free until

1st October, then it will be bht 800 per month.

get the download here,scanned it with several engines and its clean,

http://122.155.6.210/uktvsetup.exe

regards Worgeordie

Edited by Crossy
Chnaged the validity date to 1st Oct as detailed in emails and website
  • Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I got the same mail, not sure if the website is up yet.

The player is still in beta and does have a few quirks but generally works well. It scores over the other offerings and use of a VPN by being very resilient on unstable but reasonably quick connections (like my hotel connection in Singapore). It pre-reads the data when the connection is good so it can bridge over periods of poor speed. A side effect is that live channels are delayed by 5-6 minutes, but IMHO that is a small price to pay for not seeing that annoying rotating thingy. The buffer on historical programming is a massive 15 minutes, once it's built up the buffer (which can be done by pausing the player and making a cup of tea) you can unplug your network for 10 minutes and not even a glitch, try that with a VPN smile.png

The programme guide is a joy, and if you run in dual-screen mode you can view the video on one screen whilst choosing your next programme on the other.

I am also trying it in Singapore, but Dumeter show it is drawing 4-6Mb/s.

Since it is a real time feed it does not address the time zone issue

At midday here, it is 5am in the UK and many channels are on boring Teleshopping. :bah:

I will be in bed, asleep, by the time anything decent comes on..

Click on the little clock icon astral smile.png It's the programme guide for the last few days, choose whatever you like.

It will go as fast as the link allows until the buffer is full, then throttle to maintain the buffer full.

EDIT There's only 2 days of history at present due to a drive crash, IIRC should be 5 days in future.

Click on the little clock icon astral smile.png It's the programme guide for the last few days, choose whatever you like.

Thanks, that is a useful feature.

It will be interesting to see how the Record function works

once it is activated.

I love my tv programmes, but do not want to be tied to a time to watch.

It will be interesting to see how this works once I

get home to my somewhat shaky 2Mb/s link

It will be interesting to see how this works once I

get home to my somewhat shaky 2Mb/s link

It excels at working on flaky connections. I had the previous incarnation working on a 1M connection in an Indian hotel, it needed a few minutes to get the buffer filled (go for a beer with the player on pause) but once running it worked well.

Do let us all know how you get on.

Why cant i get it to work on ipad? Help please.

An Apple app is coming, apparently Android will be first though. Mac users can use Parallels to run XP on their machine.

@Astral, it will be 800 Baht a month when it goes live. Everyone (maybe almost everyone) who subscribed to the previous incarnation got an email saying it was back :)

So is this a Thai centric service with price in baht?

It's available pretty well anywhere with a decent internet connection, I believe they will let you pay in any currency you want smile.png

Not sure about this incarnation, but the previous business model initially only supported PayPal payment.

Crossy are you connected to this business?

I can categorically state that I am not connected with this business, other than knowing the chaps behind it and doing some beta testing.

Thanks,do they have a website up yet?

Website is here http://www.uk-tv.asia/ not much information there mind.

It is not purely real time. Currently 2 days of stored programming from all 14 channels available to watch whenever you want (click the little clock icon) as well as the real time (delayed by 5 minutes) feed.

I understand the plan is to have up to 7 days history available when the paid service goes live.

Website is here http://www.uk-tv.asia/ not much information there mind.

It is not purely real time. Currently 2 days of stored programming from all 14 channels available to watch whenever you want (click the little clock icon) as well as the real time (delayed by 5 minutes) feed.

I understand the plan is to have up to 7 days history available when the paid service goes live.

Yes, that would make sense, very much so. Thanks for the information Crossy. smile.png

Any Linux capability in the pipeline?

Edited by Morakot