Whats Gonna Happen To Thai Baht If U.s Embassy Close For A Week Or So?

faww

Not everyone is well-traveled folks. The other day an acquaintance asked me if one could find bread in BKK biggrin.png

He was probably referring to 'proper bread' which is not so often found in Thailand !

Maybe I'm wrong about the pastry exchange... I've a yen for a few pounds of dough

SC

Hey man I got some bread, but the embassy is closed, I need baht for dough!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Have I missed something? Is Greenspan the new ambassador or something?

No OP, closing all the embassies in the world will not affect the usd/thb exchange rate ..... necessarily.

I suspect your are refering to the wider implications or consequences of current unrest though. Even if the situation was to escalate, the cost to set up a pastry shop and the price of a danish should remain at current levels.

• Like 1

wow...too much negative energy here... i can get a fan club with all the haters out there... give me a break... i may look paranoid but if you where at my shoes or every Iranian shoe you wouldnt speak right now you would be speechless cos every man alive here is politician and thats why we care so much and yes i have been searching to open a pastry and money exchange but we all do respect f every hater out there i dont care what you say i care about my life...

Jai yen yen

Here is 10 years worth of how US Dollars are doing compared to Baht

If I had to guess I would say trending down for some time now & set to continue.

You forgot to mention that 10years included SARS, Bird Flu, Tsunami, Coup, Droughts, Floods, The week long international Airport closure, a number of riots including one in the center of the city which 100 people were killed, and Capital Controls by the bank of Thailand, and probably a few other significant events. Not once did the Baht depreciate by 5 baht against the dollar in any 2 week period.

• Like 1

Not everyone is well-traveled folks. The other day an acquaintance asked me if one could find bread in BKK biggrin.png

Not knowing conditions in any country ...especialy far away places,before my first trip to a west african country,I do remember asking if they had toilet rolls or did they use grass or leaves. and before someone suggests using Goggle...that isnt the usual topic in the countries guides.

Not knowing conditions in any country ...especialy far away places,before my first trip to a west african country,I do remember asking if they had toilet rolls or did they use grass or leaves. and before someone suggests using Goggle...that isnt the usual topic in the countries guides.

I googled, "Do they use toilet paper in Great Britain" and got the below.

http://nobodys-perfect.com/vtpm/exhibithall/informational/tphistory.html

http://nobodys-perfe.../tphistory.html

And in Thailand, a third world country, is one step ahead of the western world with the famous Bum Gun!

http://nobodys-perfe.../tphistory.html

And in Thailand, a third world country, is one step ahead of the western world with the famous Bum Gun!

I was plannnig a trip to London and I googled London bum guns and I got, "Flashing her bum, putting a fake gun to her head, and grabbing her 25-year-old boyfriend's crotch on stage — Madonna tried everything she could to entertain a crowd of 50,000 at her London show on Tuesday, but many were not impressed."

So I'm not going, ya know....

Look if the dollar changed everytime the US upset Muslims then the dollar would be in daily flux. I would worry more about your criminal Fed running the printing presses to bailout their bankster masters, because like, maybe, that depreciates the curency for the unwashed masses. Ecomonics 101, seems most of the population including syndicated economists missed the basics.

Look if the dollar changed everytime the US upset Muslims then the dollar would be in daily flux. I would worry more about your criminal Fed running the printing presses to bailout their bankster masters, because like, maybe, that depreciates the curency for the unwashed masses. Ecomonics 101, seems most of the population including syndicated economists missed the basics.

So who controls the Fed?

wow...too much negative energy here... i can get a fan club with all the haters out there... give me a break... i may look paranoid but if you where at my shoes or every Iranian shoe you wouldnt speak right now you would be speechless cos every man alive here is politician and thats why we care so much and yes i have been searching to open a pastry and money exchange but we all do respect f every hater out there i dont care what you say i care about my life...

Welcome to ThaiVisa, where we eat our young.

• Like 1