How Much Does It Cost To Build A Big Concrete Wall Around Your Home?

this is a bit of a silly question but i was thinking that if we were to buy a home in Thailand that I would like to build a big castle-esque wall around the property about 8 feet tall made of cinder blocks and cement. obviously there will be some variables like location but could someone give me a general idea of the cost? thanks. how much for 10 meters of an 8 foot concrete wall?

Edited by farang000999

Most probably somewhere between 25,000 and 35,000 Baht.

Or 50, 60. 70, 80 or even 100,000biggrin.png ....Standard wall 2 meters high will cost approx 8,000 a meter..as you want 8 feet will be slightly more.

I am sure that is a typo and should read 800 a meter, as a standard block and pillar wall 2 m high is built in 3.5m "locks" and each "lock" is around 2500 plain rendered to around -2800 for colourmix render.

Or 50, 60. 70, 80 or even 100,000biggrin.png ....Standard wall 2 meters high will cost approx 8,000 a meter..as you want 8 feet will be slightly more.

I am sure that is a typo and should read 800 a meter, as a standard block and pillar wall 2 m high is built in 3.5m "locks" and each "lock" is around 2500 plain rendered to around -2800 for colourmix render.

definitely a typo! the most expensive wall is granit rock and concrete mortar piece by piece (not attached to a core of cheap flat concrete panels). 7 years ago i paid 148,000 Baht for 42 lm, 2m height; i.e. 3,500 Baht per linear meter.

post-35218-0-45489100-1348273260_thumb.j

• Like 1

The problem with asking for prices is that not all walls are equal. I am not talking about the best which is what Naam described but the standard concrete block walls. Prices can vary depending on the type of foundation, thickness (and amount) of steel, quality of blocks etc. Therefore to give a price of 8,000 Baht or 525 Baht (both way out) is misleading

• Like 1

definitely a typo! the most expensive wall is granit rock and concrete mortar piece by piece (not attached to a core of cheap flat concrete panels). 7 years ago i paid 148,000 Baht for 42 lm, 2m height; i.e. 3,500 Baht per linear meter.

Now THAT! is a proper wall.

Picture stored for future use. :)

Now THAT! is a proper wall.

Picture stored for future use. smile.png

it's the standard "prescribed" wall dividing plots in our village. i had to pay for one side (side walls existed already) because i insisted to use a builder of my choice.