Koh Samui Disco All Night ? Any Outdoor Place Opened All Night Now ? On The Beach ?

Fgis

Hi,

Friends are ow staying at Koh Samui and they coudn't find any disco or bar opened all night as there was the past few years.

Do you know if there is any outdoor disco or bar secretly opened all night ?

Where do local people go after 2 am ?

Thanks for your help.

we go home to sleep.

up at 5 a.m. for work and real lives.

Noise ordinances say things cant be open all night like that

sorry, life is not 1 big party

I was discussing this with the manager of the Duke and Duchess last night - that's the pub of the five on the street that I actually overlook, and also the only one that plays music. There was a petition sent round our condo asking for signatures for a complaint to the local MP regarding the pubs, and asking that no further pubs be approved; their licenses not further extended; the terms of their licenses enforced (opening hours, no outside seating...) and that their licenses be revoked if the opportunity arose.

Personally, I'd not be happy with the pubs being curtailed, as I frequent them all, but if they became a niusance, I'd be willing to give up drinking rather than give up sleeping.

SC

• Like 1

Spoken like someone who has forgotten they chose to live on a tourist holiday island.

While I commend you for your standupishness, may I point out that very few people on the Internet could care less what time you sleep or wake.

Nice. You know, the people that provide the services, folks like medical care providers, the shop clerks, hotel staff, taxi drivers etc. need sleep too. Don't be so harsh. The places that stay open illegally, are also the place where foreigners typically have problems, so you know what? I pfft at your comment.

• Like 1

Spoken like someone who has forgotten they chose to live on a tourist holiday island.

While I commend you for your standupishness, may I point out that very few people on the Internet could care less what time you sleep or wake.

i wasn't aware the law allowed all night parties....tourist island or not. i also wasn't aware that putting up with all night parties was a pre condition for living on a tourist island.

i stand corrected

Nice. You know, the people that provide the services, folks like medical care providers, the shop clerks, hotel staff, taxi drivers etc. need sleep too. Don't be so harsh. The places that stay open illegally, are also the place where foreigners typically have problems, so you know what? I pfft at your comment.

Don't be too harsh. He just didn't think out his post. Not at all infact!!whistling.gif

Typical nonsense remark. There are areas for this entertainment, very well mapped out. Just because it's a holiday island, it's not a free for all.

As another poster said, what about all the people that service hospitals, restaurants, hotels etc...............................................

• Like 2

I always love the way "paradise" ends up....................just a great big noise!!

I used to go to the Maldives 25 yrs ago for the "no news no shoes" nothingness, last time I went was 12 yrs ago, totally change, the escapism of it has gone out of the window but the worst thing................constant bloody noise..........music everywhere.

Theres a time and place for it sure, but it seems to be inescapable these days.

i wasn't aware the law allowed all night parties....tourist island or not. i also wasn't aware that putting up with all night parties was a pre condition for living on a tourist island.

i stand corrected

now you are being disingenuous.

Can you honestly tell me you were unaware of the existence of such parties before you chose to settle on Samui (that is if you actually have)? That their existence came as any surprise to you?

And to geriatrickid, i agree, that people do indeed need their sleep, and that essential services are just that, essential, and that the people who perform them should be rested for their duties.

What i object to is is an assinine response to an innocent inquiry on the innertube.

The response "life is not one big party" denies the fact that tourism funds the island's economy and that the raison d'etre of many of those essential services. It is unhelpful and curmudgeonly at best. For people on vacation life is a party.

The parties are out there and some of them have little impact on the islands employed (in terms of disturbance) , and are part and parcel of the islands appeal to tourists.

I have thought out my response, i suspect the OP has not.

As roo says there are entertainment areas where this does go on, why deny it?

Edited by tinfoilhat

Entertainment area or not is bullshxit in Thailand.

If I am a big guy who knows the big cop i do what I want, so I am sure that more places must be opened all night.

And right, who lives on touristic island BY CHOICE just have to accept the noise or leave. Thai do not care noise or just shut up, perfect, and I think that nobody minds what farangs living there think, so they should do the same as Thai :-)

Sound club is the only famous all night disco ? And not even on the beach ?

Thank you.

Take A trip about 15 miles away to Koh phangan.Every month for the Full moon party

agreed!

...... but you forgot to mention Half moon parties Black moon parties.... everyday party party party! whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Perhaps I should say every night!!!! biggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

now you are being disingenuous.

Can you honestly tell me you were unaware of the existence of such parties before you chose to settle on Samui (that is if you actually have)? That their existence came as any surprise to you?

And to geriatrickid, i agree, that people do indeed need their sleep, and that essential services are just that, essential, and that the people who perform them should be rested for their duties.

What i object to is is an assinine response to an innocent inquiry on the innertube.

The response "life is not one big party" denies the fact that tourism funds the island's economy and that the raison d'etre of many of those essential services. It is unhelpful and curmudgeonly at best. For people on vacation life is a party.

The parties are out there and some of them have little impact on the islands employed (in terms of disturbance) , and are part and parcel of the islands appeal to tourists.

I have thought out my response, i suspect the OP has not.

As roo says there are entertainment areas where this does go on, why deny it?

Entertainment area or not is bullshxit in Thailand.

If I am a big guy who knows the big cop i do what I want, so I am sure that more places must be opened all night.

And right, who lives on touristic island BY CHOICE just have to accept the noise or leave. Thai do not care noise or just shut up, perfect, and I think that nobody minds what farangs living there think, so they should do the same as Thai :-)

Sound club is the only famous all night disco ? And not even on the beach ?

Thank you.

There were parties on the beach and on surrounding islands which blasted the tourists out of their beds and therefore were closed down. Because most powerful here are the needs of the tourists. If their needs would not be fulfilled, they stay away and the absolute majority comes to Samui primarily because of palm beaches, sun, sea, excursions into natural habitats, fresh seafood and so...

BTW: how can you know, if a member came here before the parties began or afterwards? You can't...

there seems to be a misconception here that i am for all night parties, anytime, any where, and that i don't care who is disrupted.

that is not the case.

what i dislike is the curmudgeonly dismissal or a genuine question by someone who neither lives on samui, nor seems to understand that all night venues that do no necessarily disturb vast numbers of people are possible.

there are plenty of places where you can enjoy a longer night while on holiday and while the op could have avoided the topic he chose instead to be a twunt.

• Like 1

Take A trip about 15 miles away to Koh phangan.Every month for the Full moon party

agreed!

...... but you forgot to mention Half moon parties Black moon parties.... everyday party party party! whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Perhaps I should say every night!!!! biggrin.png

honestly we don't want you, and you are most certainly not speaking out of any specific knowledge.

there seems to be a misconception here that i am for all night parties, anytime, any where, and that i don't care who is disrupted.

that is not the case.

what i dislike is the curmudgeonly dismissal or a genuine question by someone who neither lives on samui, nor seems to understand that all night venues that do no necessarily disturb vast numbers of people are possible.

there are plenty of places where you can enjoy a longer night while on holiday and while the op could have avoided the topic he chose instead to be a twunt.

Problem is for residents is they we do not live in hotels and we cannot just up and leave

I think if parties want to be open all night then from a certain time they should be indoors to stop noise escaping

• Like 1

certain places should be mapped out as party high noise level zones a bit like when one get permission to build an air port.

the land office and tessa baan show map these zones out for fairness to business and property owers and developers. then again that would be too organised and this place is not famous for that

certain places should be mapped out as party high noise level zones a bit like when one get permission to build an air port.

the land office and tessa baan show map these zones out for fairness to business and property owers and developers. then again that would be too organised and this place is not famous for that

they do have zoning maps believe it or not, now people adhering to them is another question, planning permission/licences here are purely given out and considered on the basis of how large the brown envelope is