Subway System In Chiang Mai

CMNightRider

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last one I heard was a link road from the end of Nimmen to the airport.

Is it just slow news month, so they make up some drama?....as you say more than likely <deleted>.

incidently, they have a link from nimmen to the airport...but you just have to go past the area 51 gate? why spend more millions and months doing it 100m up the road.

sorry off topic, but I tried to relate it.

Almost 20 years ago I saw a plan which showed the first segment of the proposed subway (at that time) to run from the train station, west under the river, and continuing northwest toward the Kwang Sing intersection [which is Highways 107 and 11].

Don't hold your breath.

last one I heard was a link road from the end of Nimmen to the airport.

Is it just slow news month, so they make up some drama?....as you say more than likely <deleted>.

incidently, they have a link from nimmen to the airport...but you just have to go past the area 51 gate? why spend more millions and months doing it 100m up the road.

sorry off topic, but I tried to relate it.

Hope that a lot of people aren't frustrated by Googling "Area 51" in Chiang Mai! laugh.png

• Like 2

My girlfriend said she read an article about the subway plan in a Thai magazine that was published this month. She said a high ranking city manager was interviewed about the proposed plan. According to the article, the city manager stated the electrical lines have been laid and they are going to go forward with it. I think it is a great idea if it happens.

My girlfriend said she read an article about the subway plan in a Thai magazine that was published this month. She said a high ranking city manager was interviewed about the proposed plan. According to the article, the city manager stated the electrical lines have been laid and they are going to go forward with it. I think it is a great idea if it happens.

I know we have a mayor, but how many ranks of city managers do we have ????

Not really sure what electrical lines being laid has to do with a subway. If it is to be an electrical one would they not need the tunnels?

Or is the whole plan just put all the wiring underground

I know we have a mayor, but how many ranks of city managers do we have ????

I don't know how many city managers there are. The city is subdivided into four wards. There are 16 sub districts, which are further subdivided into 77 villages. They could have a dozen or more managers, lol.

My understanding was that the Songtaew Mafia has been stifling any attempt to create a half decent public transport system in Chiang Mai for years and years. Thailand's second city and no mass transit. Embarrassing.

Incorrect. There is a bus service although like many things in life, it could be better. The important part of the message though is that there is no mafia, despite how much people like to use that word when describin things in Thailand!

My understanding was that the Songtaew Mafia has been stifling any attempt to create a half decent public transport system in Chiang Mai for years and years. Thailand's second city and no mass transit. Embarrassing.

Incorrect. There is a bus service although like many things in life, it could be better. The important part of the message though is that there is no mafia, despite how much people like to use that word when describin things in Thailand!

I think they use the word so when they perceive them selves as being ripped off they can say the mafia ripped me off not this Thai guy beat me out of 10 baht on a songthow ride.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1