British Invasion?

KRS1

Oh my god, there are some pointless, mind numbing, want to stick my finger into an electric socket boring threads on this forum but this one really takes the biscuit.

What is even more amazing is the 7000+ views and 400+ replies. What is wrong with you people?, have you really got nothing better to do with your time.......?

And i cannot believe i have just contributed to it even more...

.....Obviously not an anglophile.... poor, lost soul.

@ submaniac a singlet is a semmet. I think the others were cruel not explaining to you.Glad to be of service whistling.gif

Edited by Rob8891

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, there are some pointless, mind numbing, want to stick my finger into an electric socket boring threads on this forum but this one really takes the biscuit.

What is even more amazing is the 7000+ views and 400+ replies. What is wrong with you people?, have you really got nothing better to do with your time.......?

There's nothing wrong with us! Why do you think there was a bore war! It was fought to protect the right of boring people to be boring! If you want something interesting then go somewhere else.
  • Like 1

OK You Brits! Burning questions here:

What is a singlet? I see these posts about "well he went in public wearing a singlet and thought it was alright". In the USA this is a singlet: http://en.wikipedia....estling_singlet

What is a craic?

What is a stone? Like the weight. Someone told me before, but I forgot.

A singlet is something Brits wear when it is too cold

A singlet is something Australians wear when it is too hot

A craic is what we are having here and A STONE is a wait for it......

A Stone.

What is a singlet? I see these posts about "well he went in public wearing a singlet and thought it was alright". In the USA this is a singlet: http://en.wikipedia....estling_singlet

What is a craic?

A singlet is something Brits wear when it is too cold

A singlet is something Australians wear when it is too hot

A craic is what we are having here and A STONE is a wait for it......

A Stone.

A mate of mine is a butcher... He lost two stones instantly............. This is a DIY ending...it's up to you!!

What is a craic?

16 ounces in a pound

14 pounds in a stone

What is a craic?

16 ounces in a pound

14 pounds in a stone

....and 8 stone in a hundredweight.

Tomorrow's lesson will cover chains, rod/pole/perch, cubits and spans.

I hope you're taking notes, submaniac, because we going to test you on Friday. lol

• Like 1

When you stick your finger in the socket does your hair stick up?

• Like 2

fortnights I get.

Singlets I don't get. The proper name for the garment is a "wifebeater", thank you very much. :)

For years this is what I thought of what was being referred to when someone said "pushbike".

micro_scooter_bullet_1.jpg

I mean you "push" it, so it must be a "pushbike". If you had meant "bicycle" you would have said "bicycle"; besides you don't "push" a bicycle, you peddle it.

I ride motorcycles. I wanted some leather "trousers". I once posted on the Bangkok forum "where can I have some leather pants custom made in Bangkok". You lads thought I was ever so kinky. :)

Edited by submaniac
  • Like 1

That's a scooter. Pants are what you wear under your trousers.

Yep thats a scooter but pants are what you wear when you go out, Trousers are what you work in in winter and jocks are what you wear under both. Only the Seppo's wear their jocks on the outside

That's a scooter. Pants are what you wear under your trousers.

Yep thats a scooter but pants are what you wear when you go out, Trousers are what you work in in winter and jocks are what you wear under both. Only the Seppo's wear their jocks on the outside

It's nice to see that the Colonials are striking out on their own as far as vocabulary is concerned...

Don't forget fortnights. They confuse Yanks too...

Fortnight's heck there is another thread running where two Brits are arguing about what time 12 o clock is.

Lol.... maybe we should combine the two threads..... If I save up all my shreddies (keks/thunderbags/skivvies) and semmets for a fortnight how many washing machine loads will it take? If I start the washing when I get home from work (6pm/18:00).......

A) will I finish the washes before I want to go to my scratcher (midnight/24:00/0:00), assuming I do a 30 degree (CELCIUS cheesy.gif ) cycle?

B) how long a washing line will I need, (answers in chains)?

As you can see I am bored..... the great unwashed are working on their class project, and I am playing. Ain't it sad that the kids are more responsible than their teacher whistling.gif but I am retiring in a few weeks and the constipated owk syndrome has hit home. OK.... must go search t'internet for a flight to BKK......

16 ounces in a pound

14 pounds in a stone

Those 14 stones. Are they pebbles? Rocks or bolders? Granite or limestone?

Sure very important aspect as I might weigh just a half a bolder or being a real big lad with 192 pebbles

Always got me confuzzled whilst living in the UK

16 ounces in a pound

14 pounds in a stone

Sure very important aspect as I might weigh just a half a bolder or being a real big lad with 192 pebbles

We brits won't admit it, but so did we!... probably the main reason why there are so many ex-pats.... nothing to do with sun, sea sand and sex.... just escaping from crazy measurements....

Ok, I may be wrong about the distance thing. I was just talking to some Aussie tourists once and they were telling me about how many times they were coming to Thailand. It was explained to me that they went because, partly, because with the costs of a vacation (hotel rooms, food, etc.) in Aussie, it was cheaper to come to Thailand than to go on a vacation in their own country.

Haven't read all the way through but I am doing so.

Just as you your post reminded me of an e-mail I got with a picture outside an airport in Oz that stated, Phuket, it's so cheap I think I'll go.

16 ounces in a pound

14 pounds in a stone

We brits won't admit it, but so did we!... probably the main reason why there are so many ex-pats.... nothing to do with sun, sea sand and sex.... just escaping from crazy measurements....

The president of the boys town chamber of commerce told me it was to get away from the Morris Dancers.

Father Flanagan's boys town of course.smile.png

Edited by chiangmaikelly

.....Obviously not an anglophile.... poor, lost soul.

@ submaniac a singlet is a semmet. I think the others were cruel not explaining to you.Glad to be of service whistling.gif

Goes wae drawers

@endure,

lincolnshire mate born and bred,

and yes i used to love poaching

jake

Did you catch any good sausages?

Aye, Guddlins aw'rite.

Another Yellowbelly?? biggrin.png From Near Sleaford originally, me. Only place in the whole world that makes good sausages..... (that'll start another sh1tstorm lol)

@endure,

lincolnshire mate born and bred,

and yes i used to love poaching

jake

Did you catch any good sausages?

Aye, Guddlins aw'rite.

Another Yellowbelly?? biggrin.png From Near Sleaford originally, me. Only place in the whole world that makes good sausages..... (that'll start another sh1tstorm lol)

Cumberland sausages are pretty good. Issan sausages aren't bad either.