Australian Justice Of The Peace Wanted

Stanley Jerd

The Australian Consul is not a JP.

John Howard an Australian Lawyer can certify documents the same as a JP.

Bring 1000 baht smile.png

His details are in link http://duensingkippe...theoffices.html

sanuk

i am aware that John Howard is the lawyer. How about taking that beer out of your gob and lob your glasses on your nose. The link that was provided had nothing to do with a lawyer named john howard. And funnily enough it wasnt the ex prime minister of Australia. Again thanks for all the geniuses helping out here. But if noone can provide the name of a JP in phuket i suggest that if you cant provide an answer keep your mouth shut and let everyone think your a fool than open it and remove all doubt

If you do find a JP willing to witness your Stat Dec, don't forget, he will be outside of his jurisdiction, with an easy check of the Australian Immigration database showing him out of the country at the time he witnessed your Stat Dec, therefore, making your Stat Dec useless and him probably losing his JP title.

Put simply, what you want, can't be done, legally, in Phuket.

As i stated previously it can be done inThailand because ive done it before in Bangkok.

Edited by sbk

The poster reminds me of the "the dog that bites the hand that feeds it".

All the respondents as far as I can see have acted with goodwill in trying to assist the poster but obviously he will never be satisfied.

I suggest that this thread be closed post haste and not waste any more members' time.

Sanuk

Its a legit question. I will be satisfied if I can find a JP in Phuket. Simple

But according to this Thai visa classifieds ad can be done in Chiang Mai? hmmm makes sense

http://classifieds.t...mai-171407.html

I have read the sections of the NSW and QLD JP Handbooks that cover this. The links are below.

This guy in Chiang Mai is a Queeslander.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/89651/JP-handbook.pdf

http://www.jp.nsw.gov.au/agdbasev7wr/_assets/jp/m407351l411352/jp_handbook.pdf

JP's from Queensland can witness Commonwealth of Australia documents, anywhere in the world, but not State documents.

It depends on what document you need witnessed and under what jurisdiction that document falls.

You learn something new everyday. :)

No. American.

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

DUENSING KIPPEN

On Sep 25, 2012, at 21:22, wrote:

Are you an australian lawyer?

Sent from Samsung mobile

Jerrold Kippen wrote:

No idea what you are talking about. Suggest you contact a lawyer in Australia.

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

DUENSING KIPPEN

On Sep 25, 2012, at 18:48, wrote:

Statutory declarations for australia

Sent from Samsung mobile

Jerrold Kippen wrote:

Sorry, what is "stat decs"?

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

http://duensingkippen.com/theteam.html

Well, why don't you look a bit further into their website, and contact the right person.

Just look across to the right on 'The Team" page, and you might have some luck.

No. American.

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

DUENSING KIPPEN

On Sep 25, 2012, at 21:22, wrote:

Are you an australian lawyer?

Sent from Samsung mobile

Jerrold Kippen wrote:

No idea what you are talking about. Suggest you contact a lawyer in Australia.

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

DUENSING KIPPEN

On Sep 25, 2012, at 18:48, wrote:

Statutory declarations for australia

Sent from Samsung mobile

Jerrold Kippen wrote:

Sorry, what is "stat decs"?

Best regards,

Jerrold Kippen

http://duensingkippen.com/theteam.html

Well, why don't you look a bit further into their website, and contact the right person.

Just look across to the right on 'The Team" page, and you might have some luck.

And why would he do that? He contacted the company, they obviously can't help him. If they can, the person answering the email/SMS should have found the right person within the company.

Thai lawyers cannot notorize a document. There is a course and some do notorizations, it is only recognised by the Thai law society. There is no law governing notorization in Thailand, making that a document notorized by a Thai lawyer can be challanged in a foreign court.

That's funny because I have had US documents which needed notarizing which I did here in Phuket. I even asked the first if a Thai notary would be acceptable which they replied yes, so I did it and no problem.

Thailand%20notary.jpg

Thai lawyers cannot notorize a document. There is a course and some do notorizations, it is only recognised by the Thai law society. There is no law governing notorization in Thailand, making that a document notorized by a Thai lawyer can be challanged in a foreign court.

That's funny because I have had US documents which needed notarizing which I did here in Phuket. I even asked the first if a Thai notary would be acceptable which they replied yes, so I did it and no problem.

Mario is not saying they don't do it, he is saying a notarization by a Thai lawyer is not internationally recognized, so can be challenged in a foreign court.

Edited by stevenl

its possible in phuket. i got it done today,

Of course it's possible, but what you "got done" and what is correct and legally binding may be two different things. smile.pngsmile.png

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as an "Australian Justice of the Peace" on the Federal level. Each State/Territory of Australia appoints their own JP's.

Edited by NamKangMan

Namkangman is the gift of knowledge that just keeps giving.

Einstein ain't got anything on him.

If every community had the likes of him we would have solved aids, cancer and world hunger.

Yes. I am being sarcastic.

Always happy to take note of your posts, Hans, for what little worth they are. :)

well the Australian JP that signed it said it was fine.

And in what state (or territory) has that 'Australian JP' been appointed?

Is this really about a minor change in spelling on a birth certificate?

In any case, you will find out if in fact 'it was fine' when the document lands wherever it's supposed to and it's either accepted or rejected. After all, it's only someone signing that you have signed the document in their presence and that they either know you, or you have satisfied them about your identity.

Not a chance I'm telling anyone how or where I got him, everyone who has posted here seems convinced that there is one in Cherng Talay and also they have no powers in Phuket, or throwing some other legal jargon around.

It was a simple question. Posters in this particular forum seem hell bent on arguing about their legal prowess and knowledge. Whats the point everyone knows it all already? The JP thought the above posts were ridiculous also.

Edited by Stanley Jerd