Who Lives In Thailand?

pigeonjake

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fight fire with fire, I complain because they attacked first during the half reading of a post.

attack back as they are doing it, and they complain when we give it back because they misread something and thought we started it.

They are so old and wise, they should know better then to listen to us young ignorant fools anyway right.

I don't think anyone's listening to you, and nor are they taking offence. Some people are trying to tell you that your posting style makes you look rude and ignorant.

If you are nor rude and ignorant, you do yourself a disservice; and if you are rude and ignorant, surely the fewer people that know it, the better?SC

fight fire with fire, I complain because they attacked first during the half reading of a post.

attack back as they are doing it, and they complain when we give it back because they misread something and thought we started it.

They are so old and wise, they should know better then to listen to us young ignorant fools anyway right.

I don't think anyone's listening to you, and nor are they taking offence. Some people are trying to tell you that your posting style makes you look rude and ignorant.

If you are nor rude and ignorant, you do yourself a disservice; and if you are rude and ignorant, surely the fewer people that know it, the better?SC

people reply to nice posts with severe insults, calling peoples wives a bar girl, making foolish comments about a missing brother, and im rude.

if thats the case, i will not change a thing.

if no ones listening why you still here.

Does every thread have to become a 'slanging' match between a few posters? rolleyes.gif

If you have a problem with a poster, surely it would be better for everyone else if you continued your argument via PMs? Otherwise it just comes down to 'point scoring', which is boring for everyone else.

Edit - Incidentally MODS, once posters start attacking each other personally (rather than their posts) - perhaps its time to delete the posts and tell them to send PMs?

Edited by F1fanatic
  • Like 2

im at fairtex bang phli muay thai camp every day if anyone wants to chat over a beer

I'm ex-SAS Special forces giggle.gif

posts pics, i got plenty in the ring, will put one up now at fairtex with my teacher jakrit, no need for fairy tails

i will say this much, I came here with good intentions months ago, posted a story about my good times in thailand with my wife and children.

very positive story, it was shredded in every way, she was called everything from a bar girl to god knows what, i was called many things also.

decent story about a decent girl ripped apart for no reason, by not same posters, but the majority,

you showed me from the get go you want negativity and thrive off it, so im giving you what you want, negative stories.

people say nothing to a person who make rude jokes about woman, or jokes about someone who may well be dead on hear, but attack when you write a pleasant story.

you get what you asked for, same here are fine off coarse, but the old story goes if you dont like something, dont read it if its boring.

You can post negativity if that's your bag, but try and vary the subject. Complain about the weather, bad drivers, corruption etc. All you do is complain about naive falangs who get ripped off by Thai bar girls, or old falangs who think money buys them love. Your obsession with the subject makes one wonder if it hasn't happened to you and you've never got over it.

I'm curious to why you feel offended by this as you don't have to read his posts.

Most of us read near all posts on a subject we are interested in thumbsup.gif .

Some here are negative all the time, which some of us note. A guy/gal who is negative all the time to me says the guy/gal has a problem, don't mean in the head, but with his own life. huh.png

i will say this much, I came here with good intentions months ago, posted a story about my good times in thailand with my wife and children.

very positive story, it was shredded in every way, she was called everything from a bar girl to god knows what, i was called many things also.

decent story about a decent girl ripped apart for no reason, by not same posters, but the majority,

you showed me from the get go you want negativity and thrive off it, so im giving you what you want, negative stories.

people say nothing to a person who make rude jokes about woman, or jokes about someone who may well be dead on hear, but attack when you write a pleasant story.

you get what you asked for, same here are fine off coarse, but the old story goes if you dont like something, dont read it if its boring.

You can post negativity if that's your bag, but try and vary the subject. Complain about the weather, bad drivers, corruption etc. All you do is complain about naive falangs who get ripped off by Thai bar girls, or old falangs who think money buys them love. Your obsession with the subject makes one wonder if it hasn't happened to you and you've never got over it.

I'm curious to why you feel offended by this as you don't have to read his posts.

Most of us read near all posts on a subject we are interested in thumbsup.gif .

Some here are negative all the time, which some of us note. A guy/gal who is negative all the time to me says the guy/gal has a problem, don't mean in the head, but with his own life. huh.png

And that differs him how from some of the popular posters here? Honestly, some of you just behave the same yet claim to be better. Let it go as I have and let's get back on track.

Most of the blokes that I know living in Thailand are still married to the ladies they arrived with, by the way. I have a few acquaintances married to Thai ladies, but I don't know them or their wives particularly well. The only close friend I have who is married to a Thai lady still lives overseas; I've not seen them since we met up on a family holiday in Pattaya. I know its not strictly on topic, but at least we're heading back across the fields to the tracks

SC

</p>On the subject of life and work, some years ago when I was managing a small office, with a couple of expats and a few locals, I asked the two expats to come in over the weekend to move office; one of the locals volunteered. One of the expats said "Why do you ask us, and not the other two?"

"They live here. You're here to work."

Hence also the different terms and conditions, by the way

SC

</p>On the subject of life and work, some years ago when I was managing a small office, with a couple of expats and a few locals, I asked the two expats to come in over the weekend to move office; one of the locals volunteered. One of the expats said "Why do you ask us, and not the other two?"

SC

And they get better pay to I imagine...

SC

Not really. They got paid what it took to keep them in the job. Just as good, though possibly a lot more of it.

SC

SC

Not really. They got paid what it took to keep them in the job. Just as good, though possibly a lot more of it.

SC

Somehow that doesn't sound like a definitive answer biggrin.png

Edited by maxme

SC

SC

Somehow that doesn't sound like a definitive answer biggrin.png

We paid market rates. THe market rate for someone to move half-way round the world is more than they would accept in their home country. There was a salary differential between the home country and the target country, so the expat staff cost perhaps twice or half again what the local staff cost. They were all paid about average for the industry, their qualifications and background.

SC

I am sure most of the super negative and super positive posters are just yanking the chain.

When you get bored, it can pass the time.

Some must be very bored. When you get 30 something guys who live in Thailand, spending all their spare time on the computer, makes you wonder how good their life is here. At my age, I don't have the same energy as when I was 30 or 40, but I was doing a lot more than sitting on my arse in front of a screen all day.

Edited by giddyup

I am sure most of the super negative and super positive posters are just yanking the chain.

Some must be very bored. When you get 30 something guys who live in Thailand, spending all their spare time on the computer, makes you wonder how good their life is here. At my age, you don't have the same energy as when I was 30 or 40, but I was doing a lot more than sitting on my arse in front of a screen all day.

Once the crop is planted, not much else to do apart from watch it grow.

Last harvest the village boss bought the crop as it stood, I didn't lift a finger.

Maybe an hour on a normal day to walk through the fields, the occasional day in the forest gathering mushrooms, etc.

Bit of TV (television), bit of reading, play with baby, trips to CM/CR ............. it's a hard life.

When I was 20-45, sat on my arse all day in front of screens ..... that was work then.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Some must be very bored. When you get 30 something guys who live in Thailand, spending all their spare time on the computer, makes you wonder how good their life is here. At my age, you don't have the same energy as when I was 30 or 40, but I was doing a lot more than sitting on my arse in front of a screen all day.

Once the crop is planted, not much else to do apart from watch it grow.

Last harvest the village boss bought the crop as it stood, I didn't lift a finger.

Maybe an hour on a normal day to walk through the fields, the occasional day in the forest gathering mushrooms, etc.

Bit of TV (television), bit of reading, play with baby, trips to CM/CR ............. it's a hard life.

When I was 20-45, sat on my arse all day in front of screens ..... that was work then.

I think you might be in a different kind of situation where the crops dictate your life to an extent. What about the other 30-40 year olds that spend all day here? This is their life?

Okay back on track.

I have lived here for over 3 years now in proper Thailand. ie not in a big city but in a rural village.

Agreed this is not for everyone especially if you want to go to bars and drink a lot.

I don't drink so that is not a problem for me.

Took a while to adapt and somethings still infuriates and bemuse me, but on the whole very happy here.

I just have to think of my homeland (UK) and think of the many problems as a native I would have there.

Nowhere is without its problems.

Anyway as like everyone, anywhere,I can leave if I want to but can't see it happening.

Life is what you make it.

Some must be very bored. When you get 30 something guys who live in Thailand, spending all their spare time on the computer, makes you wonder how good their life is here. At my age, I don't have the same energy as when I was 30 or 40, but I was doing a lot more than sitting on my arse in front of a screen all day.

Some of us get paid very well to do it. thumbsup.gif