New Style 90-Day Reporting Receipt & 15 Day Warning

15 days should be country wide, not just Bangkok, per below website:

http://www.immigration.go.th/

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Offices accepting notification:

Immigration offices throughout the country

Bangkok Immigration:

http://bangkok.immig...php?page=90days

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,

LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

I think OP is missing the " within bit ", in the words from the film with the Joker in " Why so serious ". biggrin.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're getting confused between the language relating to in-person reporting, and the different language relating to mail-in reports...

The language for mail-in reports that Lopburi posted above is the language and timeline that BKK Immigration warned me to follow, as per the OP post in this thread.

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

• 2 months later...

It seems clear that the report must be mailed "at least" 15 days before the due date. But does anyone have thoughts/experience on how much earlier you can mail it in? Has anyone had one rejected because they mailed too early?

Cheers,

TG

I mailed in my last 90-day report to Maptaput 21 days before the due date the week before last, following lopburi3's advice to me on another thread that this should be OK. No probs, and, as I reported on the thread I originated at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629222-90-day-reporting-to-maptaput-immigration-by-mail/, the turnaround time was 5 days, including a weekend!

Can anyone better 21 days?

While the "at least "15-day requirement does, in practice, mean more frequent reporting by mail than in person, this is, for me, still beats tedious drives to the immigration office followed by inevitably lengthy waits for your number to be called, as I have previously experienced at Maptaput whenever stuck behind batallions of couriers seeking multiple reports on behalf of whole legions of foreign workers on the nearby industrial estate. Of course, if you consider more frequent reporting by mail to be grossly unacceptable and life for you isn't complete without a leisurely examination of the walls, floor and ceiling inside your local immigration office every 90 days, then the "in person" option is clearly for you....

It seems clear that the report must be mailed "at least" 15 days before the due date. But does anyone have thoughts/experience on how much earlier you can mail it in? Has anyone had one rejected because they mailed too early?

Cheers,

TG

While the "at least "15-day requirement does, in practice, mean more frequent reporting by mail than in person ....

Sorry but why does doing the mailing early require more frequent reports? Isn't it still reporting once every 3 months, but just moving up the reporting date by a couple of weeks in each case?

Your report is likely to be process early and 90 days counted from date processed.

Ahhh ... right. I guess counting 90 days from the due date rather than processing date would have been too simple. One thing we have to give Immigration (& Land Transport, etc.) credit for is they do keep our minds active with their shenanigans. For retirees, this is not only a good hobby, it may postpone Alzheimers ... ;)

Thanks,

TG

• Like 1

When the procedure is a manual date/time stamp I can understand not having time to reset for each application and using one date for the entire day would make for far fewer errors. If they ever fully computerize the system of reports and take it on-line would hope that would greatly help everyone. For now it remains a pain for everyone involved.

Mailing in reports is the same as going in person in that they count the 90 days from the date you make the report.

The only way to maintain the 90 days from date report is due is to go on that date.

I think many immigration offices are using computers for record keeping and printing out the receipt with the report back stamp also printed out. The computer does the math as part of the process and counts from current date which is why mailed reports are dated from the date report is processed.

Your report is likely to be process early and 90 days counted from date processed.

Just an update for Maesot.

My 90 day address report by post to notify on 16th March sent on the 14th March.

Receipt of Notification processed on the 19th March and stamped, report again on the 16th June.

A Sunday and 92 days on from the 19th not the 16th.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for this info which I've partly found already on T.V., but here it is all in one paragraph!

I have 1 quick follow up question. I've left LOS twice since getting my 1 year extension of stay and so I have yet to need to actually do a 90 day check in. The requirements state I need to photocopy my last entry stamp (mine is from Suvarnabumi entry) and I've copied that page and the other necessary stamps as instructed. I just wondered if I should also include the previous entry stamp from Jan. since it's been 6 mos. since getting my 1 year ext. of stay? I am assuming not, but figured I'd double check before mailing the stuff in. :D

It says BEFORE, so a few days before is best.

Published procedure:

• Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  • Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  • Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  • Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  • The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
    IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
    Chalermprakiat Government Complex
    120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
    LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.
Edited by emanphoto

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done a mail-in 90-day report, so not clear on the process once it arrives at the Immigrations office. Do they tend to do them ASAP after arrival on a FIFO basis, or do they segregate them by their "due dates" and process them on/near the due date?

Reason I ask: If they now require you mail it at least 15 days in advance, and they process it as soon as they get it, it's almost like a 75-day report.

I photcopy my original 90 day receipt first then do what is required take to the post office get a receipt for proof of send, don't know if your area requires this 15 day thing everyone is on about Maesot Tak immigration office don't.

Just send it when required to do so and it will come back by just ordinary post no worries, they can't eat you.biggrin.png

• Like 1

I've never done a mail-in 90-day report, so not clear on the process once it arrives at the Immigrations office. Do they tend to do them ASAP after arrival on a FIFO basis, or do they segregate them by their "due dates" and process them on/near the due date?

Reason I ask: If they now require you mail it at least 15 days in advance, and they process it as soon as they get it, it's almost like a 75-day report.

I photcopy my original 90 day receipt first then do what is required take to the post office get a receipt for proof of send, don't know if your area requires this 15 day thing everyone is on about Maesot Tak immigration office don't.

Just send it when required to do so and it will come back by just ordinary post no worries, they can't eat you.biggrin.png

Don't know what happen here with post but answer still applies. blink.png

As a genral rule, the bigger and bussy offices seem to require recieving it at least 15 days in advance, while the smaller offices accept it sometimes even up to 7 days after the due date. Of course you milage may vary.

The change to 15 days in advance is probably to allow immigration more time to process it.

And the rule is from the national immigration web site.

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Sent mine in 12 days before the due date. Post office web site says it arrived at Lak Si the next day. Fingers crossed all goes well as this was my first 90 report as I've left the country twice since getting my very first 1 year extension.

Appreciations to lopburi3, litebeer, et al who got me this far!

Edited by emanphoto

And the rule is from the national immigration web site.

Notice :

In Chiang Mai Immigration Office, mail-in 90-day reporting is no longer accepted, correct?

Or are there exceptions for folks who live at some distance from this office?

Learning a lot about the Chaeng Watthana office in Bangkok, but now I'm confused about Chiang Mai!

Don't know what happen here with post but answer still applies. blink.png no it don't. laugh.png

Apologies, re-posted because I had to correct what can be read as me posted mis-leading information.

Maesot want the same as every other office, it's just that I have always posted the 90 day notice to Maesot a couple days before notification is required, so nothing has ever been said or written in my case.

• 2 weeks later...

My TM 47 was mailed in on May 9th, 10 days before due date, and the receipt was received on May 27th with no warning sticker.

Yeah I 'm a bit confused now as well.blink.png

Notice :

Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

Maybe this spells it out, within is what my bet is on. whistling.gif

Edited by Kwasaki

When rules are changed they normally allow a period of time before strict enforcement - and that may not even happen as long as always received prior to due date - but if late it may suddenly become an issue. Best to send 15 days early when they post that as a requirement.

The notification as in done at office - mailed it must be received by due date.

When rules are changed they normally allow a period of time before strict enforcement - and that may not even happen as long as always received prior to due date - but if late it may suddenly become an issue. Best to send 15 days early when they post that as a requirement.

The notification as in done at office - mailed it must be received by due date.

But don't you think on the same web site there's two ways of reading it.

Edited by Kwasaki

The two things you posted were two different things.

The first is notification in person or agent at the office and is within that three week period.

The second is notification by mail and that must arrive by 90 day date and be mailed at least 15 days prior.

post-32650-0-84315600-1369808888_thumb.jWell, here's a new form in the mix for reporting your address.

A farang friend was at the Pathum Thani Immigration a couple weeks ago for his annual RETIREMENT extension. Got it, no problem, but was required to fill in an additional "where do you live form," then the bottom was cut off and stapled in to his passport right along with the normal "90-day receipt" form.

I did my extension back in February, no such form.

Mac

The two things you posted were two different things.

The first is notification in person or agent at the office and is within that three week period.

The second is notification by mail and that must arrive by 90 day date and be mailed at least 15 days prior.

With respect they may be different things but when read the first section :-

Procedure and notification.

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

Notification by registered mail.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

An address in Bangkok.?

I do not do that I send mine to Maesot so as I see it, reading the site can be confusing.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1