2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

Taninthai and loserlaser live in a world full of stereotypes. This makes any discussion with them impossible. And of course their contributions here are worth nothing because they are born out of hate, not experience. And i ask myself if they have ever read this thread. Their neverending wrong claims make me doubt this.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes people,

this topic is about the Thai made platinum px 250 ( dont know how many times more I have to say this before all the bashers get it)

this is a brand new model and can not be compared to the older (<deleted>) platinum products so posting owners reports of any other bike is of no relevance here.

Nobody knows YET how this bike will hold up in the next couple of years BUT first impressions seem to be positive. Now if all you people who are not interested in this bike can F..off ,maybe the owners of the px250 will return and give some more reports .

I have the feeling this thread will be closed soon and tanintai and his basher buddys can sleep in peace knowing that they succeeded and no more px 250 owners will post any more.

congratulations guys, lets wait till the next platinum model comes out and start the whole thing again.........

Edited by pokerkid

You two are not interested in discussion unless it's people agreeing with you ,just more personal attacks from both of you,

Anyone have any news on the platinum dealer in Phuket because someone else posted that the shop seems to have disappeared ...oh dear..

You two are not interested in discussion unless it's people agreeing with you ,just more personal attacks from both of you,

Anyone have any news on the platinum dealer in Phuket because someone else posted that the shop seems to have disappeared ...oh dear..

you two ??

there are more members here that are pissed of, but i guess they got tired of you too buddy. I'm getting tired with you as well and I guess that is just what you want. So time to add you to my ignore list together with the loser and you can have the last word, bye bye now.

I would really love to hear more about this Platinum.

probably not going to happen, the china-bike hater moron brigade will do everything they can to prevent any positive owner reports

One of their tactics is drown threads like this one in their china hate drivel untill the owners leave.

advice to any (future) thai and cinese made bike owners, go to your account settings and ignore the china hate idiots, works well for me.

Edited by pokerkid

• 3 months later...

Maybe it's done all those km while strapped to a trailer and towed by a car,I am finding it hard to believe some of these comments ,my Honda click has new pads around every 6 months and my crf has 3,900 km on it and the front pads are pretty worn....,

I can only say..... learn to drive tongue.png

Regards wai2.gif

Learn to drive?

Mentally and physically you cannot say that as an owner of a crappy platinum i am sorry. You do not even know how to buy a bike man biggrin.png

Learn to buy a bike first!

I chang my brake pads every 10.000 km they are finished or not as i am an aggressive rider riding in a city and i need every single bit of breaking power. It is not about learning how to break man!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

It s funny that I must hear from a "aggressive driver" that I first must learn to buy a motorbike, I could write down a long story over this subject but I will keep it short.....as I am just opposite of you in your driving skills, I also have the ability to create motorbikes, to maintain them and sell them..

Motorbike driving, for me now, is much more then race from point A to B. I find it relaxing and enjoyable to drive over the small back roads, cruise with 40 Km/H, and see the landscape, animals, plants and buildings. Take regular rests with some drinks, food en small talk with the local people.

In my younger days I raced also from Arnhem to Basel over the German Autobahn with speeds up to 380 Km/H. Here in Thailand impossible because of the road constructions, other slower traffic and lack of road maintenance.

I can only wish you many save and enjoyable Km’s in your aggressive city races.

With regardswai2.gif

380 km/h ???? Not even the 2001 Hayabusa did that !

I'd like to know more about the Shineray XY250GY-4.

We are living on the outskirts of Pattaya now and it would come in useful.

But I don't think there is a dealer in Pattaya .

another opinion from the biggest china hater here on this forum. Please let us know how you come up with all this stuff. what is it based on.

I see a lot of second hand dtrackers go for 100.000 baht. that is a more then a 50.000 baht write of.  

A friend of mine has a Lifan 250 cruiser. He is generally happy with it BUT in the 18 months he has had it. He has had to respray it. Rechrome the exhaust and continually replace the headlight bulb (about 7 times). Also replace the tyres as they were crap.

The engine has been fine but he is a slow and methodical rider.

I would maybe buy a keeway or a Lifan but only if I had a decent dealer nearby.

Which is almost impossible here in Thailand.

Ohhh he tried emailing Lifan Thailand. 3 emails no answer. I suggested emailing Lifan China. He had a phone call from Lifan within 3 hours.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

another opinion from the biggest china hater here on this forum. Please let us know how you come up with all this stuff. what is it based on.

I see a lot of second hand dtrackers go for 100.000 baht. that is a more then a 50.000 baht write of.

A friend of mine has a Lifan 250 cruiser. He is generally happy with it BUT in the 18 months he has had it. He has had to respray it. Rechrome the exhaust and continually replace the headlight bulb (about 7 times). Also replace the tyres as they were crap.

Ohhh he tried emailing Lifan Thailand. 3 emails no answer. I suggested emailing Lifan China. He had a phone call from Lifan within 3 hours.

How many people on this forum have tried to email Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki and got absolutely not reply...? It's safe to say that many companies in Thailand have problems with answering emails... It's surely something which companies can improve...

replace the headlight bulb (about 7 times)...

This is most time a problem from a to high voltage from the generator. Measure the voltage, esp the peaks. If higher then 13 V DC then place a restrictor between the lamp bulb. He will cut off the high peaks and ensure the life time of the bulb

Regardswai2.gif

so now you get reviews your still complaining jeez no pleasing some people,the last line of that review sums it up nicely for me..dont ya think

p.s. i did try to find a good review but guess what they dont seem to exist....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

that didn't stop you from posting a review buy a guy who was given a thrashed used 2006 bike of indeterminate brand.

relevance?

none whatsoever

How many people on this forum have tried to email Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki and got absolutely not reply...? It's safe to say that many companies in Thailand have problems with answering emails... It's surely something which companies can improve...

its not only replying emails but also other things.Take a look at honda and kawa, service is lacking at the moment with long waiting times for service and parts ordering.

One member here on this board has his brand new cbr500 parked at big wing Chiang Mai already for many weeks waiting for replacement parts. Also parts for the new ninja 250 are not easy to get, look at all the broken bikes at the kawa dealer in Chiang Mai.

Now if that happened to a thai or chinese made bike many people here would laugh and say I told you so. Good that the fans of china and thai made bike's don't spam the honda and kawa threads.

Edited by pokerkid

its not only replying emails but also other things.Take a look at honda and kawa, service is lacking at the moment with long waiting times for service and parts ordering. 

One member here on this board has his brand new cbr500 parked at big wing Chiang Mai already for many weeks waiting for replacement parts. Also parts for the new ninja 250 are not easy to get, look at all the broken bikes at the kawa dealer in Chiang Mai.

Now if that happened to a thai or chinese made bike many people here would laugh and say I told you so. Good that the fans of china and thai made bike's don't spam the honda and kawa threads. 

But you do!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kawasaki sells about 7,000 units of the Ninja 250 in Thailand per year, Honda does currently sells a bit more but lets leave it at around 7,000 units. From this 7.000 units around 5% will have some sort of failure (can be little, can be big) in the first 6 months. That's around 350 motorcycles per manufacturer.

The Chinese manufacturers in Thailand sell much less motorcycles per year, and therefore they will naturally have also much less failures, but the standard 5% of failure does still apply.

Last time I was at a large Kawasaki dealer in Bangkok, halve the motorcycles in for repair where involved in some sort of accident – and the Kawasaki dealer could fix them often in a few days... but without the approval of the insurance company (somebody always have to pay the bill) the motorcycles are parked in a corner.

Kawasaki sells about 7,000 units of the Ninja 250 in Thailand per year, Honda does currently sells a bit more but lets leave it at around 7,000 units. From this 7.000 units around 5% will have some sort of failure (can be little, can be big) in the first 6 months. That's around 350 motorcycles per manufacturer.

The Chinese manufacturers in Thailand sell much less motorcycles per year, and therefore they will naturally have also much less failures, but the standard 5% of failure does still apply.

Last time I was at a large Kawasaki dealer in Bangkok, halve the motorcycles in for repair where involved in some sort of accident – and the Kawasaki dealer could fix them often in a few days... but without the approval of the insurance company (somebody always have to pay the bill) the motorcycles are parked in a corner.

so it must be incompetence why big wing Chiang Mai could not repair Superiors honda 500 in time

so it must be incompetence why big wing Chiang Mai could not repair Superiors honda 500 in time

I would not use the word incompetence, as we are located in Bangkok and have no idea what Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai is doing. Also I have no inside into what the problem is. But to just trust one side of the story and calling a company with a good reputation incompetence go's to far for me.

With the all respect to the user Superior, we have only his side of the story.

I would not use the word incompetence, as we are located in Bangkok and have no idea what Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai is doing. Also I have no inside into what the problem is. But to just trust one side of the story and calling a company with a good reputation incompetence go's to far for me.

With the all respect to the user Superior, we have only his side of the story.

fair enough

• 9 months later...

Saw one of these in 'BigC' Kanchanaburi today.

65,000bht including green book.

Noticed that it now has a rear disc.

Walked right past........and then strolled back for a closer look.

If this is a reliable bike then for this price it has to be a bargain. Sure there are a few details in the finish that are not Honda perfect but it's not that bad.

I can't see how your point is valid. The Japanese brands together probably sell 200+ motorcycle/Scooters for every one Chinese bike/scooter. So seeing a few laid up in dealerships isn't a big thing.

While everybody here seems to talk about Chinese motorcycles, we are maybe forgetting that Platinum Motorcycles is not a Chinese manufacturer.

And strangely the topic is about the Platinum PX250, which is a made by a Thai company and the official papers say “Made in Thailand”

^

OK, if official thai papers say that i am convinced laugh.png

We have to start somewhere... and the owners of Platinum are Thai nationals, the company is registered in Thailand, and they make motorcycles in Thailand... With all this in mind I would call it a Thai company...

^

We have to start somewhere... and the owners of Platinum are Thai nationals, the company is registered in Thailand, and they make motorcycles in Thailand... With all this in mind I would call it a Thai company...

Maybe you could tell that to the salesmen selling the bikes.

When I asked yesterday they told me that the bikes were assembled in Thailand from parts sourced in China.

^

When I asked yesterday they told me that the bikes were assembled in Thailand from parts sourced in China.

A Thai manufacturer can use “made in Thailand” if around 50% of the parts are made in Thailand. Even on motorcycle with Japanese brand names you would be amazed how much parts come from China.

The engine of the Platinum PX250 is made by Zongshen, which is also the manufacturer who makes most Harley-Davidson engine parts. Zongshen maybe not makes the most powerful engines, but they're well known for good quality products...

^

A Thai manufacturer can use “made in Thailand” if around 50% of the parts are made in Thailand. Even on motorcycle with Japanese brand names you would be amazed how much parts come from China.

The engine of the Platinum PX250 is made by Zongshen, which is also the manufacturer who makes most Harley-Davidson engine parts. Zongshen maybe not makes the most powerful engines, but they're well known for good quality products...

Do you know what parts of the PX250 are manufactured in Thailand?

Agree with you that Zongshen make a good little engine.

Genuinely interested to know because at the 65k bht locally it is a bargain if reliable.