800.-Baht Surcharge For Bringing A Guest In Deevana Hotel?

moskito

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did he ask the price for an extra guest before he booked the room?

This is exactly right and unless it was the night staff running a scam (which was attempted on me in BKK), it's the OP's "friend's" mistake. If a huge problem should've checked out the next day and into one of the many Patong Inns that do not charge such.

OUtrage!

The gall they have to make customers pay surcharges on their hookers. Thailand is supposed to be a bargain whoremongering country. 800 baht surcharge is unforgivable! Should write up a complaint review on trip advisor!

Very sarcastic post. smile.png

I just rang the hotel. 1800 baht per night for a room and, wait for it, 1000 baht for extra person. I even made it quite clear by saying, "How much for Thai lady stay my room?" "Yes, 1000 baht." smile.png

Seems like "extra person" has gone up 200 baht. Typical Phuket.

Some members seem to think a high extra person charge attracts the families, but, if it's a nice hotel, it could also attract wealthy customers. Perhaps those customers wouldn't care about 1000 baht to bring home a hooker. That being the case, where does that leave the families? Bit like a 300 baht fine to a farang for not wearing a helmet - no deterrent at all.

Just seems like an easy way for the hotel to also make a profit from the prostitution here.

A lot of guys might be embarrassed to argue about the charge

Did he ask the price for an extra guest before he booked the room?

This is exactly right and unless it was the night staff running a scam (which was attempted on me in BKK), it's the OP's "friend's" mistake. If a huge problem should've checked out the next day and into one of the many Patong Inns that do not charge such.

nah, he booked the hotel online before he came. he booked a DOUBLE room and paid for a double room....there was no info at all that there is a surcharge for bringing extra guests...but it becomes obviously more common in LoS....thx btw also to the Foreign owners of hotels here.... May be the older ThaiExpats will remember it doesnt matter how many ppl sleep in a room...it is always the ROOM you are paying for.....or an extra bed if u need one.... like lovelomsak said already...

its just the usual suspects here arguing about everything.... :) the so called shitsu or chihuahawhawa or whatever gang... :)

and steven, to underestimate or doubt the intelligence of someone is an insult too.... i do not need namecalling for insulting somebody and like i said before, I am NOT native English and a lot of what I am writing is for sure not totally correct BUT I will not say sorry for it as long as others not speak other languages as their own.... its easy to point always the finger at somebody as to learn another ones language and the most arguments are based on language problems....

Hi moskito,

I didn't read all the posts here, just sort of jumped in, but I don't think anyone was questioning intelligence, unless I missed a post which since I haven't read all is quite possible.

But I do think it is quite common knowledge that all the big hotels (Holiday Inn, Deevana etc.) do this practice to discourage this activity as well as to make a little more coin.

I also believe with a bit of internet search (TripAdvisor etc.) this practice at this hotel might have been discovered (?).

On a lighter side I remember old boy Roger and his Orchid Garden Resort used to have signs in his rooms "Please don't bring your katoeys back here".cheesy.gif

Anyway, enjoy the sunny day everybody as I think we're going to get thwhacked come Monday and Tuesday.

nah, he booked the hotel online before he came. he booked a DOUBLE room and paid for a double room....there was no info at all that there is a surcharge for bringing extra guests...but it becomes obviously more common in LoS....thx btw also to the Foreign owners of hotels here.... May be the older ThaiExpats will remember it doesnt matter how many ppl sleep in a room...it is always the ROOM you are paying for.....or an extra bed if u need one.... like lovelomsak said already...

its just the usual suspects here arguing about everything.... smile.png the so called shitsu or chihuahawhawa or whatever gang... smile.png

and steven, to underestimate or doubt the intelligence of someone is an insult too.... i do not need namecalling for insulting somebody and like i said before, I am NOT native English and a lot of what I am writing is for sure not totally correct BUT I will not say sorry for it as long as others not speak other languages as their own.... its easy to point always the finger at somebody as to learn another ones language and the most arguments are based on language problems....

Aw, don't come up with the 'it's not my language' thingy. English is not my first language either.

Its the average Thai-Farang here ...refusing to grow up, marrying a 40 year old younger girl and after the money is gone for the house, car, motobike for the brother and operations for khun ma, khun po and the buffalo, life becomes boring and internet a new challenge....

Get a life you old farts, even if it is not easy anymore with 70, as long as the sun is shining and mother nature or the pharmacy is giving you the power to fullfill the loverequests of a nice young woman, be happy and go away from this computer thing.....

Seems your English language skills are adequate to insult all board members that don't agree with your point of view.

Its the average Thai-Farang here ...refusing to grow up, marrying a 40 year old younger girl and after the money is gone for the house, car, motobike for the brother and operations for khun ma, khun po and the buffalo, life becomes boring and internet a new challenge....

Get a life you old farts, even if it is not easy anymore with 70, as long as the sun is shining and mother nature or the pharmacy is giving you the power to fullfill the loverequests of a nice young woman, be happy and go away from this computer thing.....

Seems your English language skills are adequate to insult all board members that don't agree with your point of view.

he does seem a tad bitter.

I can't repeat a pm here, in full or part, because that's against forum rules. However, I did receive a pm from a certain person, which contained a personal insult and of course I responded in kind, That person was obviously out of his depth on the forum and had to resort to cowardly tactics instead, because he was losing his argument on the forum.

You know who you are!

I can't repeat a pm here, in full or part, because that's against forum rules. However, I did receive a pm from a certain person, which contained a personal insult and of course I responded in kind, That person was obviously out of his depth on the forum and had to resort to cowardly tactics instead, because he was losing his argument on the forum.

You know who you are!

I also have recieved a pm, the contents of which I cannot disclose, but I want it known that I'm not that easy and anyway I don't do those things with anyone, especially not at that price. biggrin.png

• Like 1

You know who you are!

What? A TV member who is a bit of a nutter? Say it ain't so !

All locals and most longer term residents seem to know what hookers/bar girls here look like, tourists seem not to, must be an acquired learning thing - maybe that's why so many tourist customer feel unabashed at doing the walk of shame next morning, wondering why everyone is looking at them, funny.

Maybe they're just enjoying themselves and don't care what other people think?

You know who you are!

that is naughty. shame on you mister.

I got stopped going back to a hotel in SAMUI with my Thai wife. The security gaurd wasnt going to let her in unless we gave him money. I sat back and watched the fireworks, because, I WAS HER GUEST, the room was in her name and she had paid for the room with her credit card !!! The guard was left "without a face" he didnt reckon on dealing with an extremely sexy, intelligent, rich Thai woman..He picked on the wrong one that night.

I always book with 2 people.I never have A problem

I almost missed you post with the small font. Very true. In 2008 I travelled to Phuket. When I checked in I was informed that if I wanted a person to stay overnight there would be an additional cost of 1,000 Baht. I was also informed this was because I had booked as a single traveller. I was also told that if I had booked as a double (at the same price) there would be no additional cost. So cost has declined in 4 years.