The End Of An Era

tinfoilhat

hits pretty close to home for some i reckon
If the help agencies gave them a "Home Brew" kit each, I'm sure it would go a long way in helping them to adapt to a new way of life.
I am afraid, the original title was the correct one, lends itself much better to the reason of the post
I'm in there now, wandering around lost.

How do I get out?

Does anyone know where I can find another 80 year old hooker?

What can I do about my skin condition?

Sent from my 15 pound, 1980's era cell phone.

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Responding to the crisis, Bangkok Governor Sukhumband Paribatra has promised to quickly find new places for the refugees to drink, carouse, and feel unthreatened by anything new, with sois 22 and 9 being vetted as prime candidates.

Hope he can build a giant tunnel connecting Sukh 22 to Cowboy and Nana. rolleyes.gif

I'm thinking somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan!thumbsup.gif

No thanks. The Chinese Restaurants in Kabul already import enough of the "over the hill and can't get work anywhere else" type of staff from Western China (Urumqi). The motto of those restaurants is "We also serve food !".

you are aware we are discussing satire, right?

Do you mean you were being satirical?

I somehow doubt that....

The snag is that threads like these tend to give the delusional the chance to bleat on about "those vile bars" (not to mention their hideous, Satanic customers), when we all know they probably spend most of their free time in...or at least they would if they could afford to....

It won't be long before we get a good long "thank God they've been knocked down...it's about time too....they were an eyesore/embarrassment/error..what will those perverts do now" post...

Oh wait....

Carry on...

Edited by HeavyDrinker

I somehow doubt that....

The snag is that threads like these tend to give the delusional the chance to bleat on about "those vile bars" (not to mention their hideous, Satanic customers), when we all know they probably spend most of their free time in...or at least they would if they could afford to....

It won't be long before we get a good long "thank God they've been knocked down...it's about time too....they were an eyesore/embarrassment/error..what will those perverts do now" post...

Oh wait....

Carry on...

So true. There's already been a mention of westerners bringing their evil junk food to the poor slender Thais. What do people think they have boiling away on every street corner in Bangkok? Orange juice?

Responding to the crisis, Bangkok Governor Sukhumband Paribatra has promised to quickly find new places for the refugees to drink, carouse, and feel unthreatened by anything new, with sois 22 and 9 being vetted as prime candidates.

Hope he can build a giant tunnel connecting Sukh 22 to Cowboy and Nana. rolleyes.gif

They already did that mate. They called it the MRT, I've only ever known it as the Go-Go Express. Very conveniently linking The Pong and the Boy!!

• Like 1

A funny square with in earlier times a great cinema, the Vietnam veterans have to change location, maybe go back to Vietnam itself. Even the sleazy Patpong bars like Goldfinger have gone a long time. Life goes on for most of us but for these people the time stood still since the lat 70's. Our condolences.

“They don’t speak Thai. Heck, they barely speak English,” she noted, referring to the truncated pidgin-English used by long-term expats who communicate exclusively with female bar employees and motorcycle taxi drivers.

“Also, they’re kind of poor,” she added. “I mean, just look at their shoes.”

...and they assume the entire Thai population is well represented by these "female bar employees," which explains their warped perspective when posting messages on ThaiVisa.

Edited by Suradit69

ROFLMAO! The place has been closing up for months..., years..., and a few guys who can't remember whether they washed their underwear last week are wandering about in the rubble trying to find an old haunt?? Other "patrons" are dying off as their livers fail so the market was dwindling long before the ultimate end..., common knowledge for years. I took the opportunity to photograph the area early this year. Over 700 images and I plan to work them into a story for my blog in the next few months. Want to get other images of the C-World Phoenix rising from the ashes.

Isn't Dubliner and Sportsman inclusive with the demolition?

• Like 2

My sincerest condolences to the victims - throw in some Prozac, grab your walking sticks and wheelchairs to explore the rest of the City of Angels... However, the sheer amount of red light options and the offered variety might be shocking at first. Hence, in addition please throw in some bloodpressure reducing pills too and be easy on the little blue ones smile.png

Wow I have been visiting Thailand for 16 years and I have never been to or heard of Washington Square before now. I guess my shoes were too nice, maybe I'm an upscale Nana type deviant! cheesy.gif

20 rai in downtown BKK ... what is the value of that do you imagine? More than I am going to earn that's for sure!

Edited by vijer

I somehow doubt that....

Oh wait....

Carry on...

This article is by not-the-Nation, that's why!!!!clap2.gif

W.S. was a prime hangout of mine back in the 80's Had some great times and adventures both beginning and ending there. The buildings that witnessed some of my best deviltry are no longer there and any living witnesses are scattered to the wind... My dark past is buried a bit deeper.

The original article is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read in Thailand. "Disorientated 65 year old's walking around in a daze" who is kidding who. OK most are Americans and have been going there for many years but knowing many of them they are just as capable as half the so called youngsters going to Cowboy and Nana. Give them a break they are no more disillusioned than half the population of Bangkok. There are more than enough bars try Soi 7, 9 and 11, great for the oldies.

• Like 2

"“Can’t go in there,” he said. “There’s young people in there. And Thai women who have their own money. Can’t go in there, no way.”"

This comment speaks volumes about the intent of ex Lone Star patrons!

Put on your tin foil hat and the voices should go away.

I checked twice, it's not 1st April...

Maybe during the demolition they knocked a hole in the wall of the looney bin.

Funny, this number increases to 10,000 when elections are called and bars close.

Seems nonsense...

Washington square has always be only a ladyboy cabaret, 2 or 3 tiny and deserted girly bars and a couple of restaurants.

Seems that some people don't have anything to write about and just re-invent the world.