Just Wanted To Get Some Advice/opinions On A Job Offer

I recently accepted a job offer but after giving a lot of thought I feel that the offer is a little low compared to what I make now and think that I could get it closer to what I was expecting from the company. I think I accepted too quickly and was thinking of asking to negotiate one last time. Unfortunately I already signed the offer and know that pretty much means deal is done and its probably best not to try and re-open salary negotiations, but it will bother me that I didn't give it a shot.

I would be disappointed if they rescind the offer as the benefits are better than what my current company offers, but not too concerned as I am happy with my current job. Was wondering if anyone has been in this situation and what you did.

Edited by arkom

"the offer is a little low compared to what I make now"

Not sure why you didn't tell them that when they first made the offer. I would have.

If you don't ask for more money now, at least ask them if there's a chance for a raise in 6 months or so, after a performance review.

If you are uncomfortable going in then it will eat at you, sort it out. Put it over in another way, as suggested come at it from a performance evaluation, at what periods and are there any salary increase opportunities and at what stage etc.

When you say a little low in comparison, are both jobs in Thailand or are you somewhere else now and coming to Thailand ?

Why should they rescind the offer? They have made a written offer and you have signed your acceptance.

Not really sure but I have heard some companies have done so if asking to reopen negotiations after signing.

If you are uncomfortable going in then it will eat at you, sort it out. Put it over in another way, as suggested come at it from a performance evaluation, at what periods and are there any salary increase opportunities and at what stage etc.

When you say a little low in comparison, are both jobs in Thailand or are you somewhere else now and coming to Thailand ?

You and and Bdw make good points, think that is the beat way to approach them. Both jobs are in Thailand.