Finnish Man Fatally Stabbed By Thai Girlfriend In South Pattaya

webfact

Finnish man fatally stabbed by Thai Girlfriend in South Pattaya

finland-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday evening at 6pm Pattaya Police received reports of a foreign man who had been stabbed and was lying in the middle of a street presumably dead.

Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander was informed and rushed to the scene, at the Suksabai Villas in South Pattaya. In the middle of the street lay the body of Mr. Timo Juhani Tara aged 65.

He had been stabbed in his left chest area and the blood-stained knife thought to have been used in the attack was located close to the body.

A witness to the apparent murder was Khun Somboon aged 28 who drove past a heated argument between the victim and a Thai woman, thought to be aged in her forties.

She was then seen to stab Mr. Tara and leave on her red and black Honda Click motorbike. Police were able to determine that Mr. Tara lived in a rented apartment in Soi Khopai, also in South Pattaya, and went to check his room.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-08

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how many Thai's are murdered whilst living abroad? I have tried researching the subject with no real result, I did however discover that at least 17 Britons have been murdered in Thailand since 2003.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000. In the years 2003 to 2006, 17 of these victims were UK nationals, according to the FCO. These murders include a sexually motivated killing of a young British woman; a Thai police officer executing two backpackers in a crowded street; shootings, throat cuttings and two cases of other Westerners murdering UK nationals; and, more pertinently, several cases of Thai wives or their family members slaying British husbands.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/with-so-many-britons-murdered-in-thailand-why-does-our-government-not-warn-of-the-dangers-faced-there-769640.html

The above link relates to an old case what is not reported is that the wife had a boyfriend who was a local policeman, what was more chilling was that during the trial the wife admitted that killing her son was discussed because she thought he (the son) had inherited a large amount of money!

• Like 2

This doesn't sound good. We seem to keep seeing an increase in violent crime against foreigners. It could be that violence is increasing everywhere and the increase in Thai-Farang incidents are coincidental. Or maybe there is a real hatred of foreigners of European decent that is starting to surface. Statistically I'm not really worried about it. The chances of getting killed on a motorcycle is probably magnitudes greater that being the victim of indiscriminate violence, but keeping a watchful eye out on these occurrences and exercising caution may be in order. My sincere condolences.

Edited by connda

Interesting picture that obviously shows the man wearing a T shirt explaining to the policemen how he would bring a helicopter in to land in the street. OK really, what has the picture to do with this story?

• Like 1

I was doing a little research last year and found that Thailand has a per capita murder rate that is 2X that of the "wild west, gun crazy" USA. Considering Thailand is supposed to be the most Buddhist nation on earth, how is this fact reconciled?

It makes me wonder about the character of BOTH individuals, the deceased and the murderer. It also compels me to question my sympathetic emotions that would otherwise kick-in.

What kind of an individual would shack up with another individual that resorts to this behavior, and hence makes one wonder at the other, less terminal behaviors they both endured in each others company prior to this finality.

Regarding the woman; she needs to be put away permanently; as in death penalty, in order to keep the balance of society and its safety from further eroding by her mere presence among us.

Regarding the man; if he could not see this coming and ignored the signs that keep most others away from this sort of individual, then farbeit from me to prevent or mourn his passing.

Reading stories like this disgusts me; not only for the bestial partner, but for the stupidity of the one who pays the price for keeping poisonous snakes and believing they are anything remotely otherwise.

Given that this was an argument in the middle of the street followed by a stabbing, the woman (when caught) will probably not get the death penalty. In any Western country this would be viewed as a crime of passion. The woman was angry during an argument and then stabbed the man -- no obvious premeditation. Without premeditation this is second degree murder (or the defense might even argue manslaughter).

Also, it's sort of pre-judging this woman to assume that she is some sort of a vicious snake, and equally that the victim was somehow stupid for being her partner. You simply do not have that facts -- none of us do. I've seen Thais, both male and female, who look and act as normal and cool hearted as can be, go into violent rages and totally lose control. From a cultural perspective, Thais seem to keep a lid on there emotions and behavior in situations where most farangs will become angry and vocal. But that seems to be our cultural "release valve" to blow off steam. Thais on the other hand just keep smiling and holding it in -- but when a Thai blows -- get out of the way!!! People get hurt.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

Sounds like an extract from a book "Dont XXXX with me" !!

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity

Very sad news. I don't know if I have been lucky but in all my many trips to Thailand including Pattaya I am still yet see any real violence.

In my opinion, some people treat ladies like crap and bring this on themselves. Others just exhibit bad behavior and the tiny Thai react with violence. Not saying it's right just my observation. My advice, walk away when things start to escalate, you could insult someone speaking your pidgin Thai and not even know it.

• Like 1

I was doing a little research last year and found that Thailand has a per capita murder rate that is 2X that of the "wild west, gun crazy" USA. Considering Thailand is supposed to be the most Buddhist nation on earth, how is this fact reconciled?

Actually Thailand and the US are very similar (4.8 and 4.5 per 100,000 respectively). Australia has very low murder rates though at 1 per 100,000. Here it will have to do with excessive drinking and easy access to weapons. US still have easy access to weapons, not sure what there drinking stats are though. Weapons are strictly controlled in Australia...coincidence?

Map of murder rates worldwide.

• Like 1

And you can be sure that the Thailand numbers are short. It was discovered that a lot of crime stats here in Phuket are not included in the final tally,

• Like 1

Interesting picture that obviously shows the man wearing a T shirt explaining to the policemen how he would bring a helicopter in to land in the street. OK really, what has the picture to do with this story?

Well I think he was telling the BiB how tall the woman was, but I think your story is more interesting. giggle.gif

• Like 1

A quick check at wikipedia shows that the current per-capita intentional homicide rate for Thailand is 4.8 and the USA is 4.2 per 100,000. Here's the link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

How accurate the figures are could always be questioned - are deaths reported, accurately classified etc. Monaco sneaks in with a rate of 0.0 and Honduras has a rate of 91.6

• Like 1

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

Sounds like an extract from a book "Dont XXXX with me" !!

Yes I am working on my masterpiece, it is a collection of my wrong impressions, misconceptions and prejudices about Thailand.

• Like 1

Actually Thailand and the US are very similar (4.8 and 4.5 per 100,000 respectively). Australia has very low murder rates though at 1 per 100,000. Here it will have to do with excessive drinking and easy access to weapons. US still have easy access to weapons, not sure what there drinking stats are though. Weapons are strictly controlled in Australia...coincidence?

Map of murder rates worldwide.

I think it is your immigration policy. Since it has changed you will catch up with us soon. BTW don't quit your day job for one that involves reading. This was not a gun crime which you suggest by mentioning the US easy access to weapons. It was a knife which is easliy available in Australia.

post-73727-0-14913500-1349674523_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly