The Nation Newspaper

glassdude007

I don't have any problem getting into The Nation's website, but while we're on the subject, I haven't been able to view the BKK Post's website for months. At first I thought it was Opera, my main browser, but the same thing happens if I try going through MSIE. Then I thought it might be my Norton Internet Security firewall, but even with that temporaril disabled, I can't get on. My latest idea is that there may be a built-in firewall in my DSL modem that messes with it, and if that's the case there's no remedy short of trying different modems.

I've noticed in the print versions that the BKK Post is covering the Sondhi-Thaksin situation more often and in slightly more length than The Nation, which is contrary to the way one might have thought a few years back.

I didn't have any trouble viewing the Nation's website just now.

But like sabaijai, I've been having trouble viewing the Bangkok Post site for a long time. Usually it freezes up the window so I have to shut it down and start over. Consequently, I rarely even try to check the Bangkok Post site these days.

I don't have any problem getting into The Nation's website, but while we're on the subject, I haven't been able to view the BKK Post's website for months. At first I thought it was Opera, my main browser, but the same thing happens if I try going through MSIE. Then I thought it might be my Norton Internet Security firewall, but even with that temporaril disabled, I can't get on. My latest idea is that there may be a built-in firewall in my DSL modem that messes with it, and if that's the case there's no remedy short of trying different modems.

Have you tried a traceroute to the site? That should tell you where the problem is. Open a DOS window and type:

tracert www.nationmultimedia.com

checked my security settings and i was blocking too much ..working now...the post websight works but is really generic unlessyou subscribe too them for$$$$$

That's good to know.

For a moment I was wondering if they had been shut down for persistent poor spelling... :o

checked my security settings and i was blocking too much ..working now...the post websight works but is really generic unlessyou subscribe too them for$$$$$

That's good to know.

For a moment I was wondering if they had been shut down for persistent poor spelling... :D

That's funny! :o

That's good to know.

For a moment I was wondering if they had been shut down for persistent poor spelling... :o

There seems to be quite a bitta bashing 'The Nation' lately......... Lol....

From what ive heard behind the scenes, a few folks in that neighbourhood haven't been to chuffed with some of the threads going on here at TV too.

Take it easy..... Take it Easy..........

...the post websight works but is really generic unlessyou subscribe too them for$$$$$
That's good to know.

I rarely read the Bangkok Post but when I do I find the Post’s spelling – and their English in general – better than the Nation’s.

------------

Maestro

Feb 3rd 8:40 PM broadcast.

NOT A WORD ABOUT THE PROTEST TOMORROW or the latest resignation from the minister of culture...

Perhaps The Nation is afraid of having their TV program shut down for “inappropriate” reporting. The newspaper is less timid, I see.

-------------

Maestro

**Sorry, I have edited my post about the same time you replied... See below.

Penzman

There seems to be quite a bitta bashing 'The Nation' lately......... Lol....

From what ive heard behind the scenes, a few folks in that neighbourhood haven't been to chuffed with some of the threads going on here at TV too.

Take it easy..... Take it Easy..........

Ok then, let's leave the newspaper alone.

See this topic about their tv news broadcast instead...