Thai Police Doctor Claims His Brother Murdered Missing Couple

webfact

CRIME

Police doctor claims his brother murdered missing couple

The Nation

PHETCHABURI: -- Dr Suphat Laohawattana, a former Police General Hospital doctor, yesterday released an open letter to the media, accusing his brother of framing him in the alleged murder of a missing local couple in Phetchaburi.

Suphat's letter was handed to the media by his son Ake, who visited his father at Phetchaburi Prison.

Suphat complained in the letter that police investigators raised the case against him unfairly without allowing him to provide evidence to dispute the charges.

Suphat alleged that his brother Suthep Laohawattana framed him. He claimed Suthep abducted and killed Samart Noomjui and Orasa Kerdsap because of a family conflict and out of greed.

Earlier, Suthep played a video clip, showing their mother, Thanim, saying she feared Suphat would kill her if he took all of her money. But Suphat alleged in his note his mum was talking about Suthep. Suphat claimed his mother was suffering amnesia and often mistook his name for Suthep's.

Suphat alleged that Suthep and other siblings wanted to take care of Thanim so they could embezzle her assets. He said he tried to seek a court order to become his mother's caretaker - in line with their late father's wish - to stop other siblings siphoning her money.

Suphat claimed his father wanted the children to wait until the mother passed away before dividing the assets among them.

Samart's father, Sawang Noomjui, has alleged that the police doctor abducted and killed his son and daughter-in-law.

But Suphat claims he had no row with Samart and Sawang. He instead helped Sawang's daughter get a job at the Police Hospital.

Samart's pick-up was found at a house in Nonthaburi and Suthep said the house belonged to Suphat. But Suphat claims he did not own the house. He said the house keys and land deed were kept by Suthep. He claimed not to have been to the house for seven years.

Suphat said Suthep was the one who led Sawang to the house. He alleged that Sawang was a henchman of his brother and alleged that the missing man was a suspect in several crimes, including a murder.

Earlier, a Myanmar worker, who was identified as Kala, alleged that Suphat was cruel and caused him to lose his arm in a corn-crunching machine. He alleged that Suphat had killed some other Myanmar workers.

But Suphat claimed that Kala was a worker for Suthep and that his brother owned a factory that hired a lot of workers from Myanmar. Suphat claimed that everything Kala said was invented by his brother. He alleged Kala was jailed at Phetchaburi and now sought on an arrest warrant for theft.

Suphat said he was sorry he had to expose his own brother but he had no choice.

Suphat alleged Suthep was trying anything to get their mother's money, even trying to destroy his own brother and nephew.

Suphat said in the letter he had a lot of guns because he used to be a sporting sharp-shooter.

Meanwhile, Subin Raksa-ard, a father with two sons, filed a complaint with the Muang Phetchaburi station, saying his ex-wife and the mother of his sons, had disappeared.

Subin said his ex-wife, Sasithon Saetung, was a stepsister of Suphat and was last been seen at the Suphat's farm in Phetchaburi.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-09

Dr Death at the moment has a lot of time on his hands, I would imagine that he is a little peeved that his brother gave him up, loads of time on his hands to come up with this statement.

I wonder why he did not release it through his solicitor (I assuming he has one).

He claimed Suthep abducted and killed Samart Noomjui and Orasa Kerdsap because of a family conflict and out of greed.laugh.png

No ! Don't believe it. There has to be another reason for his actions. beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 1

What is amazing is that this idiot admits to all this wrongdoing and yet still had not contacted the police or had even filed a report against suspicious behavior or wrongdoing; whilst one certain hotel attendant a few kilometers away contacts the police over the simple matter of merely being suspicious of plastic bags set for disposal (see story of wife cutting her husband to pieces).

It is funny what makes a Thai (directly involved) go to the police; and the reasons are rarely, if ever, for correcting wrongs, but rather as a means to use the upstanding police enforcement as a tool of fear or as a bludgeon to extort money or possessions.

Peter Piper picked a pick of pickled pepper......... I'd like to here an English news reader try to get that story out live..

Suphat Suthep Samart Sawang Subin Sasithon Saetung siphoning siblings Suthep Suphat ..... go on try it

I was having trouble, going thru the article, just keeping the Suphat and Suthep characters straight (and sometimes thinking about the "other" Suthep).

And then, all the extra S's just took it downhill from there.... I gave up...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The good doctor death is pointing the finger at his own flesh and blood now... only problem is his other three fingers are pointing back at him.

When you think about that metaphor for a second, it doesn't really mean anything, does it?

I guess his thumb is pointing at some innocent bystander as well...

Dr. Death please no use this , because the real Dr. death was an austrian Dr. Aribert Heim he kills hunderts of peoples in the Nazi regime !! here this doctor, may kills only 2 , is no simelar

Edited by aechzen

out of greed. I just don’t believe that, it’s a good job Thailand has not abolished capital punishment.

Edited by metisdead
: Please use the default forum font when posting: Arial size 14.

Peter Piper picked a pick of pickled pepper......... I'd like to here an English news reader try to get that story out live..

Suphat Suthep Samart Sawang Subin Sasithon Saetung siphoning siblings Suthep Suphat ..... go on try it

I was having trouble, going thru the article, just keeping the Suphat and Suthep characters straight (and sometimes thinking about the "other" Suthep).

And then, all the extra S's just took it downhill from there.... I gave up...

i agree!!! my head was in a tongue twister,, trying to work out which brother was which! its hard enough to get your head around the story. but even harder to imagine how nasty families could be to eachother! i mean: to kill people in your own family... and for a mum to be afraid that her own son could kill her!!!! thats sad. really shocking. how on earth were these children raised????