Things Which Are More Expensive In Thailand Than In Your Home Country?

meatballs

Interesting you guys can even name some examples. There isn't a single thing in Singapore which is cheaper than what it costs in Thailand.

electronics stuff and parts (gaming consoles, hdd, rams) are cheaper in singapore. pantex cameras, lenses are cheaper in singapore. fenders, gibsons, marshall amps and a whole lot of musical stuff are cheaper in singapore. some imported big bikes are cheaper in singapore. my ducati 916 only cost 7k sgd used.

not alot but there some things more expensive here, mostly imports. i think internet and calls are cheaper in singapore as well, not too certain about that.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps... 1 out of 3 junkies in Vancouver, have HIV...

http://en.wikipedia....wntown_Eastside

So don't want to judge Canada by Vancouver, then find out about Junkie Numbers in the rest of Canadian cities and homeless..

And our food supply is considered toxic to Europeans, even the USA for beef.

I think most if not all Western countries have their share of junkies now. I also think they tend to run higher on the HIV scale from sharing needles?

Wasn't the beef issue about mad cow disease, or am I thinking of something else? I seem to recall some US herds having to be destroyed because some Canadian animals had been imported with that disease? ?? If so, I don't see that as Canada's fault because who knows how that disease got into Canada. The US has just been lucky enough to catch it early and destroy the whole herd. Was that it?

I see things like the drug and homeless issues as being evidence of a general moral decline in the West. Maybe I'm wrong, be we all had a major financial Great Depression in the 1930's before there were any safety nets at all. It started before there was Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, Food Stamps, Housing Assistance... All of that. Yet the folks plodded through without resorting to heavy drug use or crime and all of that. That's all a more recent happening and it seemed to start in the 1960's with the Hippy deal. ??

That coincided with President Johnson's Great Society which ushered in welfare and food stamps and other safety nets. Now 47% of all Americans receive some kind of government assistance!!!! "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." No wonder we have huge deficits in spite of high taxes.

I just described an accounting "switch" in another thread, but the gist is that an error in one direction can double your problem. In short, if you don't make someone work, you won't have his income from taxes. Lets say that would be $500 a month. Instead, you give him $500 to live on, and you're short $1,000. Yep, think about it.

I think the problems is the corporations took ove the west, the Bankers have made trilions of fake money causing inflations, the companies have outsourced to China, the enviroment is degraded... slavery started long ago in the USA and still alive in other forms today.

The drugs came from the USA Army durning the unjust attack on Vietnamn...

It goes on and on, but one thing is for sure, tens of millions of Americans live without any health care, nowwhere else in the west does that happen.

The idea of a western lifestyle is a big sham..

Maybe a western sexpat lifestyle would be more clear : Binge drinking, sloppy cheap clothes, Body Odour, Penny pinching and selfish, whinny cry baby, me me me, cranky, materilaistic, sexist, racist, violent...

A very angry individual indeed................

• Like 1

The idea of a western lifestyle is a big sham..

Maybe a western sexpat lifestyle would be more clear : Binge drinking, sloppy cheap clothes, Body Odour, Penny pinching and selfish, whinny cry baby, me me me, cranky, materilaistic, sexist, racist, violent...

Oh dear...you really shouldnt knock yourself so hard and you can get help for some of these things, I mean if you shower a couple of times a day and use deodorant your BO will go away, the binge drinking...there is AA in Thailand...

• Like 1

Interesting you guys can even name some examples. There isn't a single thing in Singapore which is cheaper than what it costs in Thailand.

electronics stuff and parts (gaming consoles, hdd, rams) are cheaper in singapore. pantex cameras, lenses are cheaper in singapore. fenders, gibsons, marshall amps and a whole lot of musical stuff are cheaper in singapore. some imported big bikes are cheaper in singapore. my ducati 916 only cost 7k sgd used.

not alot but there some things more expensive here, mostly imports. i think internet and calls are cheaper in singapore as well, not too certain about that.

Hmm based on recent observations, I'd say most of those things you mentioned (other than the Ducati) cost about the same, with maybe a variance of a few dollars.

Internet and calls are surely cheaper in Thailand though.

Lucky I have a shipment of baked beans and wine arriving from Australia today then!!

Baked beans cant be so much cheaper that it warrants a shipment from australia?...you must really love those baked beans!

Shane Warne loved his baked beans so much, he shipped a shed load to India during a cricket tour years ago. I feel sorry for his team mates' noses.

Lucky I have a shipment of baked beans and wine arriving from Australia today then!!

Baked beans cant be so much cheaper that it warrants a shipment from australia?...you must really love those baked beans!

Shane Warne loved his baked beans so much, he shipped a shed load to India during a cricket tour years ago. I feel sorry for his team mates' noses.

I buy Ayam brand baked beans in tomato sauce. I can't tell the difference from Heinz and they are less than 40 baht a tin. Why would you import?

I buy Ayam brand baked beans in tomato sauce. I can't tell the difference from Heinz and they are less than 40 baht a tin. Why would you import?

Some people cant tell the difference from a singha and a real western beer

Some people cant tell the different from a wine of 300baht and one of 600-5k

Doesnt mean its not there.

Cos Ayam are sugary and crap and Heinz come in ham and bbq and are only 45 baht

McGarrett's are better wink.png

• Like 1

Cars are dear as hell. Wish i could import and sell but the thai government have something like an 800% (of the cars value) import fee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

New Ford Fiesta is about 550,000 baht what is that less 800%?

The Ford Fiesta is made here... as you know .. also its 300 % for imported new cars plus v.a.t etc

sent from my ..................#

Cars are dear as hell. Wish i could import and sell but the thai government have something like an 800% (of the cars value) import fee

The Ford Fiesta is made here... as you know .. also its 300 % for imported new cars plus v.a.t etc

Well ya I know that but Narak our 800% expert was getting a bit carried away.

• Like 1

True, but there's such a thing as a taste snob as well. Be surprised how many people will ooh and ah over a $5 wine served in a $50 bottle.

It doesnt mean the 5$ wine sucks really badly. I enjoy both type but of course 95% of the time ill enjoy the 50$ more. People who've trained would be 100% accurate though.

Well ya I know that but Narak our 800% expert was getting a bit carried away.

i never did claim to be an expert. Hence "something like 800%" pipe the frig down smart arse

As far as I am concerned, pretty much everything here in Thailand is far more expensive than 'back home', including cars, food/eating out, movies, drinks, hotel rooms etc etc. With food and drink, it does depend 'where' you are buying them of course. The only things that are still relatively 'cheap' is the food you buy in the street.