Pull Out Couch/sofa Bed

travelskr

Hi All,

Does anyone know where to find a proper pull out couch or sofa bed other than the ugly one from Index? The only proper pull out couch I've found here is at Index and not only does it cost 30,000 Baht, but it is also super low and very ugly blue and white plaid...no thanks. Been to Jasmine Furniture on Bypass, Sentral Furniture, Index, Big C....can't find anything but the standard Thai sofa bed that folds the back part down to make a very narrow bed. Before making a trip to Ikea Bangkok, I wanted to ask if there is anyplace else I should check here on the island. Thanks a million :)

Try SB Furniture opposite Big C but I'm not sure they have this style.

IKEA definitely has them. Apparently there are plans for more IKEA branches in Thailand but I don't think Phuket is in their plans. I hope I am wrong. Their business model should at least get the likes of Index to up their game.

I know this doesn't answer your query and is somewhat off-topic, but I would suggest you abandon this quest.

In my entire life I have never encountered a high-quality 'pull-out couch/sofa bed' and I really think humanity would be best served without them...my experiences having slept on a number of them over the years are invariably bad: bad smells, bad back, bad sex (yes, it's possible). The list goes on...

Just get a coconut-husk roll-up sleeping mat that you can hang up in the sun the next day, Your guest will have a much better night's sleep, you'll save money, and there won't be any hygiene issues; believe me, everyone will be better off.

In a broader context, I do think beds/box springs/mattresses and the rest of that realm are one of humanity's most highly over-rated inventions; they are especially unsuitable for life in the tropics, where they are little more than sponges for microbes, dust and whatever liquids get spilled and/or emitted upon them. They are a waste of space and make it hard to keep your living area clean.

If you really want to 'get up' in the morning, you need to sleep on the floor. Rolling out of bed is no way to start your day.

I know I am in a tiny minority, but that's my take on it...

wai2.gif

I know this doesn't answer your query and is somewhat off-topic, but I would suggest you abandon this quest.

In my entire life I have never encountered a high-quality 'pull-out couch/sofa bed' and I really think humanity would be best served without them...my experiences having slept on a number of them over the years are invariably bad: bad smells, bad back, bad sex (yes, it's possible). The list goes on...

Just get a coconut-husk roll-up sleeping mat that you can hang up in the sun the next day, Your guest will have a much better night's sleep, you'll save money, and there won't be any hygiene issues; believe me, everyone will be better off.

In a broader context, I do think beds/box springs/mattresses and the rest of that realm are one of humanity's most highly over-rated inventions; they are especially unsuitable for life in the tropics, where they are little more than sponges for microbes, dust and whatever liquids get spilled and/or emitted upon them. They are a waste of space and make it hard to keep your living area clean.

If you really want to 'get up' in the morning, you need to sleep on the floor. Rolling out of bed is no way to start your day.

wai2.gif

I wonder if thailand or Baby J would have an opinion?rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/517474-where-to-buy-reasonable-quality-mattress-for-sensible-money/page__hl__+matress#entry4897511

wai2.gif

I wonder if thailand or Baby J would have an opinion?rolleyes.gif

http://www.thaivisa....ss#entry4897511

I think we have been down this road before. They will just say that I cannot afford a bed, which as I pointed out last time is lame presumption. Standard beds are dirty, dust-ridden, microbe-propagating, space-wasting, spine-bending, bacteria infested, foam pads. I personally guarantee the OP he will be disappointed if he burns any more calories on this.

I invite anyone to try and defend mattresses and box springs where hygiene issue are concerned. End of rant.