Everyday Live In Kanchanaburi

salavan

Not sure if you'll read this as I'm a bit late of the mark. (The newsletter was sent to my spam folder by mistake)

Welcome to Kan! Great place to live. Clean air and plenty of great scenery. Nice friendly locals. Lots of markets. I moved my family from Sriracha last year although I've had a holiday home in Kan for a few years. No regrets. Good schools. Good roads with smooth surfaces and little traffic, perfect for motorbiking.

Sure, it gets hot around March and April, 40C+ but it can get quite cool at night in the winter. If you live away from Kan town like I do there's lots of friendly and not so friendly wildlife. We are currently plagued by snakes, rats, wasps and ticks but that's mostly to do with the current spell of wet weather.

Can't tell you about nightlife as that doesn't interest me. Let me know if you want any more info.

• Like 1

Not sure if you'll read this as I'm a bit late of the mark. (The newsletter was sent to my spam folder by mistake)

Welcome to Kan! Great place to live. Clean air and plenty of great scenery. Nice friendly locals. Lots of markets. I moved my family from Sriracha last year although I've had a holiday home in Kan for a few years. No regrets. Good schools. Good roads with smooth surfaces and little traffic, perfect for motorbiking.

Sure, it gets hot around March and April, 40C+ but it can get quite cool at night in the winter. If you live away from Kan town like I do there's lots of friendly and not so friendly wildlife. We are currently plagued by snakes, rats, wasps and ticks but that's mostly to do with the current spell of wet weather.

Can't tell you about nightlife as that doesn't interest me. Let me know if you want any more info.

thank you galoubet, lot of things i would like to ask cant think of any thing just yet , but you seem well informed, thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Kan is a great place to live. I spent a year living there and would quite happily do so again.

As some posters pointed out though, it does get hot, dam_n hot especially around April/ May - and in December January it is pleasantly cool.

Always found the local people to be friendly, and there are lots of nice places to visit outside of the main town. There's even a "beach" on the outskirts, which is worth a visit. Lot's of good places to eat and all the essential shopping places. It's also relatively cheap strandard of living there. If you want nightlife - there is some, but not on the scale of other places such as Bangkok, Pattaya etc..

It's also a realtively easy drive into Bangkok, around one hour forty five minutes which is always useful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The chrome poles of Kan are famous if you know where to go. Everyone moves here for the wild night life, go-gos, beer bars, gay emporiums, soapy massage, animal husbandry and even some really weird out there stuff, but we generally prefer not to talk about on the forum. Seek and ye shall find.