Usufruct Agreement Provided By The Land Office ..

Hypothetically, surely the property, even though not fully paid off, can be sold to release the equity (if any), and squaring up with the outstanding amount owned to bank.

I'm thinking the buyer pays the bank, and the bank gives gf permission to sign the transfer and collect the remains.

Hypothetically, surely the property, even though not fully paid off, can be sold to release the equity (if any), and squaring up with the outstanding amount owned to bank.

I'm thinking the buyer pays the bank, and the bank gives gf permission to sign the transfer and collect the remains.

Thanks, that sounds right.

went today to land office smaut prahkan and they had never heard of an usufruct form, despite asking several people. They said they were just a land office and that you have to see a lawyer for that. Even worse at the amphur, of course if you are thai it's no probelm, for us there seems to be a lot of obstacles put in the way, getting name on the blue book sounds very difficult, according to what we were told at the amphur today, sod it.

went today to land office smaut prahkan and they had never heard of an usufruct form, despite asking several people. They said they were just a land office and that you have to see a lawyer for that. Even worse at the amphur, of course if you are thai it's no probelm, for us there seems to be a lot of obstacles put in the way, getting name on the blue book sounds very difficult, according to what we were told at the amphur today, sod it.

It is called a "sit it gep gin" and I suggest they simply didn't understand you.

• Like 1

My Situation,

I have a condo in Thailand already (my name on chanote) but i am interested in buying a detached house for convienience and more living space.

I have a girlfriend now, we are both young and for now everything is fine. We are not married and we don't have children togheter (she has 1 from a previous reliationship). I will probably go trough the marriage process if she ever becomes pregnant or if we stay togheter many years. Mostly thinking about marrying for the sake of child naming, double nationalities and ease of visas for travelling.

My question: If i fund the purchase of a land with a house in her name and she agrees to sign me an Usufruct for life on the property, and some years after we marry togheter. Can the Usufruct be easely cancelled by her in a case of divorce, even if it was signed prior to marriage ?

What is my best bet to buy a house and protect my capital in my current situation ? Am i doomed to only live in condos, with the way they manage and maitain condos im not delighted by that idea ... whistling.giflaugh.png

cheers,

It is called a "sit it gep gin" and I suggest they simply didn't understand you.

you have the thai wording for this "sit it gep gin" form ?

My Situation,

I have a condo in Thailand already (my name on chanote) but i am interested in buying a detached house for convienience and more living space.

I have a girlfriend now, we are both young and for now everything is fine. We are not married and we don't have children togheter (she has 1 from a previous reliationship). I will probably go trough the marriage process if she ever becomes pregnant or if we stay togheter many years. Mostly thinking about marrying for the sake of child naming, double nationalities and ease of visas for travelling.

My question: If i fund the purchase of a land with a house in her name and she agrees to sign me an Usufruct for life on the property, and some years after we marry togheter. Can the Usufruct be easely cancelled by her in a case of divorce, even if it was signed prior to marriage ?

What is my best bet to buy a house and protect my capital in my current situation ? Am i doomed to only live in condos, with the way they manage and maitain condos im not delighted by that idea ... whistling.giflaugh.png

cheers,

A usufruct signed before marriage, and do that some time before you are getting married can not be dissolved.

So you need to use 'protection' for a while to keep that "marry when have a baby' situation further in the future. :)

I suggest at least 6 months (it is just a reasonable number, nothing really specific) between the usufruct registration and marriage.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Khun Jean,

when looking at the price/size comparaison of condos and houses in my selected area, i would be far better off with house. When i look for something with 3+ bedrooms, condos become way overpriced versus houses.

you have the thai transcription for the Usufruct or "sit it gep gin" mentionned ?

cheers,