Vegetarian Festival

femi fan

Jay is totally vegan.

Actually more strict than vegan, because vegans typically drink alcohol (which is definitely not Jay), plus other things such as garlic.

Thanks Winnie, that what I thought. I don't get why those products could advertise as jay. Some times I asked if something is jae and they have said no, contains egg/milk etc so that backs up the theory too.

I am seeing red and yellow flagged places all over town, There is a good stand at Kad Luang that just opened, location is near the gai yang***** stand . Morning until sold out.

All over town. Nice.

Loads of places. Nice.

But where are these red and yellow flags??!

Can i reiterate the premise of my thread, to post up specific places and where they are?

Gad luang is the only one i've found, thanks to mcgriffiths.

This vegetarian festival seems very mystical or mythical to me so far!

That new restaurant is on Nimmahemin femi fan.

Where I live, Chaing Mai - Lamphun Road (one with the big trees) towards Saraphee there are loads of those shops and stalls with the yellow and red flags.

I am seeing red and yellow flagged places all over town, There is a good stand at Kad Luang that just opened, location is near the gai yang***** stand . Morning until sold out.

All over town. Nice.

Loads of places. Nice.

But where are these red and yellow flags??!

Can i reiterate the premise of my thread, to post up specific places and where they are?

Gad luang is the only one i've found, thanks to mcgriffiths.

Still being "nice",... Corner of Arak Rd. and the road that heads west on the north side of Wat Phra Sing, big new veg place, lots of choices. It may be at Pratu Suan Dok. Edited by daoyai

Most of those stalls set up along the roads look rather dirty. The g/f stopped at one on Chang Klan to get food to go but gave it a pass after seeing how dirty it was.

Here is a place that I have not seen mentioned before. I go there often. It is on the grounds of the large Chinese temple on the North side of Thannon Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi (sorry I don't know the Highway number), between the 1001 and the Mae Rim Road. The food is extremely fresh, very cheap, and it is only open from 7:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Often the food is sold out by 1:00 P.M. so get there early. The place is spotlessly clean. They have about 5 different dishes each day plus the shredded mushrooms. In the middle of the lunch hour it is packed with people so again, get there early. Don't forget to remove your shoes before entering the restaurant. I once saw a farang couple enter with their shoes on and the owner almost had a heart attack! laugh.png

Enjoy.

I suggest next year you make a trip to Phuket town....the veggie festival there is something you would never forget in a hurry. Far more importance on this festival down there than C.M.....colourful, spiritual and a lot of self mutilation by those vegan warriors.

I suggest next year you make a trip to Phuket town....the veggie festival there is something you would never forget in a hurry. Far more importance on this festival down there than C.M.....colourful, spiritual and a lot of self mutilation by those vegan warriors.

+1

Awesome place to be for the Festival.

Most of those stalls set up along the roads look rather dirty. The g/f stopped at one on Chang Klan to get food to go but gave it a pass after seeing how dirty it was.

Here is a place that I have not seen mentioned before. I go there often. It is on the grounds of the large Chinese temple on the North side of Thannon Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi (sorry I don't know the Highway number), between the 1001 and the Mae Rim Road. The food is extremely fresh, very cheap, and it is only open from 7:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Often the food is sold out by 1:00 P.M. so get there early. The place is spotlessly clean. They have about 5 different dishes each day plus the shredded mushrooms. In the middle of the lunch hour it is packed with people so again, get there early. Don't forget to remove your shoes before entering the restaurant. I once saw a farang couple enter with their shoes on and the owner almost had a heart attack! laugh.png

Enjoy.

Oh! Thanks for the tip - that is right near my new house! It is on all the time, not just the festival, right? Do you know if it's open on Sundays? Thanks again!

Edited by Krupnik

Enjoy.

Oh! Thanks for the tip - that is right near my new house! It is on all the time, not just the festival, right? Do you know if it's open on Sundays? Thanks again!

Open year round at least 6 days per week that I can think of. Honestly, I am not sure about Sunday. No problem, enjoy.

That new restaurant is on Nimmahemin femi fan.

Where I live, Chaing Mai - Lamphun Road (one with the big trees) towards Saraphee there are loads of those shops and stalls with the yellow and red flags.

Ouch, i live on that road too! Do you mean north of nong hoi? I know i'm not colour blind, but i've seen nothing out of the ordinary on this road!

Do you know which soi in nimmin? I'd like to give it an early go.

Jae is Vegan.

The market at Chang Mai Gate has a couple of stalls with yellow flags in the morning. So far not a great selection early in the day but the 4 vegan restraunts (all within a few minutes walk) all open at 6 am and have been making special dishes. In the afternoon around 3 there are several tables set up at the market that have large yellow signs on the main road that have had some good dishes...and there is the vegan food cart that is always there in the evenings.

At CENTRAL AIRPORT PLAZA on the 4th floor they have have a special tables set up with the flags and the food has been good. On the ground floor the Japanese bakery Yamakuzi (i think that is the name) has special vegan baked goods (buns, blueberry past., curry buns, sesame and cashew cookies etc) all vegan and clearly marked with special cards. The sizzler food chain(gross in a way i know) has special vegan items on their salad buffet and again they are marked clearly with special signs.

I found a few tables set up in the fabric/hilltribe sellers alleys behind the chinese temple in chinatown and the one main temple near the day market does free food but I am not sure what their sched. is .

I am looking forward to the end of this festival. It is hard to get a seat in my favorite vegetarian restaurants no matter what time I go. sad.png

Ah yes, that was why khun churns was so busy today! Anyway, i went over to pun pun santhitam, and it was nicely quite for a very very nice lunch.

Jae is Vegan.

The market at Chang Mai Gate has a couple of stalls with yellow flags in the morning. So far not a great selection early in the day but the 4 vegan restraunts (all within a few minutes walk) all open at 6 am and have been making special dishes. In the afternoon around 3 there are several tables set up at the market that have large yellow signs on the main road that have had some good dishes...and there is the vegan food cart that is always there in the evenings.

At CENTRAL AIRPORT PLAZA on the 4th floor they have have a special tables set up with the flags and the food has been good. On the ground floor the Japanese bakery Yamakuzi (i think that is the name) has special vegan baked goods (buns, blueberry past., curry buns, sesame and cashew cookies etc) all vegan and clearly marked with special cards. The sizzler food chain(gross in a way i know) has special vegan items on their salad buffet and again they are marked clearly with special signs.

I found a few tables set up in the fabric/hilltribe sellers alleys behind the chinese temple in chinatown and the one main temple near the day market does free food but I am not sure what their sched. is .

Yamazaki, actually.

Enjoy.

Open Sunday. Was there this morning. Place was packed, they even had brand new tables and chairs outside, set up under an awning for the Festival. The Chinese temple also has vegetarian food on offer for the Festival, but I only saw a handful of people eating at the temple compared to about 30 in the restaurant. Took some Thai friends who thought the food was some of the tastiest vegetarian food in town. They all thought it was the cleanest.