Former Belgian Beer Bar Owner Arrested At His Former Bar In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Former Belgian Beer Bar Owner arrested at his former Bar in Central Pattaya

arrest-4.jpg

PATTAYA:--The former owner of a Beer Bar in Central Pattaya was arrested at his former Bar on Sunday evening, accused of failing to pay his Bar Bill.

Pattaya Police were called to the “Free” Beer Bar located in Soi Baukao and were met by the aggressive and intoxicated former owner of the bar, Mr. Kevin Andre Alphonse Schmidt aged 31, a Belgium National. The current owner of the bar mentioned how Mr. Schmidt would visit the bar regularly but would often cause trouble.

On Sunday, he refused to pay his Bar Bill which led the Police to be called. He was aggressive and resisted Police orders to calm down and pay the bill or he would be arrested. He refused to comply and then resisted arrest. Motorbike taxi drivers stationed nearby helped Police to subdue the suspect who was taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/63965/belgian-beer-bar-owner-arrested-bar-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure those mocyc taxi's had the day of their life, beating up a foreigner with the approval of BIB.

Total rubbish. The truth is, there's a sizeable force of moco taxi drivers in Pattaya who are official / documented police volunteers. One guy (about 35 yrs old) helps me enormously with all sorts of errands / finds tradesmen and more when I go to Pattaya to tend some personal matters. He's a highly intelligent and logical guy, no education at all but taught himself to speak quite good English, highly reliable, I've often trusted him with large sums of cash, never ever had a problem, very balanced, doesn't drink, devoted to his wife and kids and wants to do something positive for his community.

He's about as interested in beating up a farang as driving to the moon.

I agree their are lots of Thai police volunteer's that do an excellent Job. I lived in Pattaya for five years and new many of them personally.

Barry

Bar Brawl Continues at Police Station

belg2.jpg

Pattaya; Former bar owner kicks up a stink when asked to pay his bill

Kevin Schmidt may have once owned a Beerbar in Pattaya’s Soi Boukao, but it didn’t entitle him to a lifetime of free dirinks, as he found out this weekend..

The 31 year old Belgian national was arrested this weekend after becoming totally inebriated and refuising to pay his bar bill, in a local haunt he owned uat one time. Despite its name, the Free Beer bar does expect its customers to pay and when police were called, they too tried to persuade him to settle down and settle his debt. Instead he tried to resist the local law enforcement officers

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-10-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Anyone who played Police Quest knows you handcuff criminals behind the back or lose the game. wink.png

That's fine if you can get submission but you have to grab what you can when you can in these circumstances.

As I said, in other parts of the world he might have been tasered or gassed then cuffed from behind.

I'm sure those mocyc taxi's had the day of their life, beating up a foreigner with the approval of BIB.

Yeah they would of. Why do those guys always get involved with stuff likes ?!!

As has been clarified, there was no beating up of anyone by anyone. There is a reciprocal reliance upon each other for many things between police and motorcycle taxis so nothing out of the ordinary there.

is it really necessary to show that picture ? that guy is an embarrassment ok but I dont think showing his picture like that is very clever.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. Drunk gets no sympathy.

He can enjoy his fifteen minutes of infamy. Clearly this bloke is aggressive as well as a moron. His drunkenness is simply exacerbating his condition imo.

• Like 1

Just look at the state of this Man, he should be ashamed of himself, i wonder if he would act like this back in his own Country.

It is people like this that make the normal farang look bad !

If this is the guy I think it is, and it certainly looks like him, he acts like this everywhere.