Anyone Know Where I Can Hire A Big Boat To Do Parties

stevenwalker211278

Jolly Roger. There office is down the Chalong Pier road, close to the pier on the north side of the road.

No way. Too small for that and not allowed to take that many passengers as well.

Don't have any better suggestions though.

Edited by stevenl

Someone tried the party boat thang before.. if that is what you want to do.? I would start with a TAT license.....

You only need a TAT license if you want to advertise the fact that you are TAT registered. MOst people don't. My friend that was running one here certainly didn't especially for 100,000 baht for the pleasure biggrin.png

Someone tried the party boat thang before.. if that is what you want to do.? I would start with a TAT license.....

You only need a TAT license if you want to advertise the fact that you are TAT registered. MOst people don't. My friend that was running one here certainly didn't especially for 100,000 baht for the pleasure biggrin.png

No. You need a TAT license if you are active in the tourism sector in any kind or form (tour agent, diveshop, hotel, etc. etc. And you have to mention your license number on your communications.

So if the OP wants to start a partyboat, as suggested, he needs a TAT license.

Edited by stevenl

No. You need a TAT license if you are active in the tourism sector in any kind or form (tour agent, diveshop, hotel, etc. etc. And you have to mention your license number on your communications.

So if the OP wants to start a partyboat, as suggested, he needs a TAT license.

The OP wants to hire a boat so why would he need or want a TAT license

Nowhere does the OP intimate he wants to start a party-boat business.

I got the impression he just wants to hire a boat for a private party he is putting on, which makes the TAT accreditation point moot.

That's the impression I have as well, I just wanted to point out that ThailandBert's post is simply not true.

I got the impression he just wants to hire a boat for a private party he is putting on, which makes the TAT accreditation point moot.

That's the impression I have as well, I just wanted to point out that ThailandBert's post is simply not true.

I know of several boat businesses here on Samui and NONE have a TAT license. go to Koh Tao and I doubt you will find more than a couple of dive schools that have them and at last count I think there was 48. When my friend bought his party boat here he was told the same thing. He looked into it and as said he only needed it if he wanted to be TAT certified.

Maybe they do things different over that side !

Can you link to the law that states you need one ?

I know of several boat businesses here on Samui and NONE have a TAT license. go to Koh Tao and I doubt you will find more than a couple of dive schools that have them and at last count I think there was 48. When my friend bought his party boat here he was told the same thing. He looked into it and as said he only needed it if he wanted to be TAT certified.

Maybe they do things different over that side !

Can you link to the law that states you need one ?

Yes, I know many businesses operate there without one. Here they would not last a week, but be shut down straight away.

Even for a workpermit in a profession where TAT license is required the labour department will demand the TAT license and some more paperwork.

Can't show you the TAT information on this, their website must be one of the worse sites in existence, but check out e.g. this website.

Edit: See also this thread, with information from a TV sponsor.

Edited by stevenl

Steve I have just phoned my friend who has a dive shop on Tao and asked and he just laughed. he said the same as me, maybe 4 - 5 on the island. I also called a Thai friend who has the biggest speed boat and jet ski business on the Samui and he said he will never give TAT 100,000 Baht for sticker. I have also just flicked through loads of dive school websites and can't find any sign of TAT or mention that they are TAT certified on any of them. As you say maybe it is different over that side but here it seems optional whistling.gif

Steve I have just phoned my friend who has a dive shop on Tao and asked and he just laughed. he said the same as me, maybe 4 - 5 on the island. I also called a Thai friend who has the biggest speed boat and jet ski business on the Samui and he said he will never give TAT 100,000 Baht for sticker. I have also just flicked through loads of dive school websites and can't find any sign of TAT or mention that they are TAT certified on any of them. As you say maybe it is different over that side but here it seems optional whistling.gif

No,not optional. It is just that on that side these laws are very laksed enforced. You will e.g. also hardly find any dive instructors here without workpermit, there you will hardly find any with.

And believe me,t hat can be quite frustrating sometimes. An instructor here pays about 5,000 Baht taxes per month, we pay about 150 Baht per person per day for the required accident insurance, bond of 100.000 Baht TAT license, bi-annual renewal of TAT license, etc. etc. Without these things courses and daytrips would be a lot cheaper here.

Also, if he is just chartering the boat then surely the boat owner would be the one required to have the license ands not the person hiring the boat blink.png

Yes, of course, but there was the suggestion he is starting a party boat business. And if that were the case he would need the TAT license.

What if he just starts a party business ? he doesn't own a boat and simply charters one when he needs one. maybe the odd beach party, pool party, boat party. That would be my way of doing it. thumbsup.gif

This side are now quite hot on the work permits for instructors etc There was even one in the jail here a few months ago.

Glad I'm now on retirement visa wink.png

What if he just starts a party business ? he doesn't own a boat and simply charters one when he needs one. maybe the odd beach party, pool party, boat party. That would be my way of doing it. thumbsup.gif

This side are now quite hot on the work permits for instructors etc There was even one in the jail here a few months ago.

Glad I'm now on retirement visa wink.png

Party business? TAT license required, whether he has his own boat or not is irrelevant.

Edited by stevenl

hi guys

just to clarify i have done these party boats for many many years in the clubbing capital of the world IBIZA

also i done a few in samui to which went really well

im not really sure about this T and T thing or work permits etc .. im sure if you line the right pockets none of this will matter as same as much of thailand

thanks for all the feed back

hi guys

just to clarify i have done these party boats for many many years in the clubbing capital of the world IBIZA

also i done a few in samui to which went really well

im not really sure about this T and T thing or work permits etc .. im sure if you line the right pockets none of this will matter as same as much of thailand

thanks for all the feed back

Here on Phuket it will matter.

Good luck, sounds like you'll need it.

Now everybody knows that the future organiser of a boatparty in Phuket doesn't have any license or workpermit.

Disaster waiting to happen.

I wouldn't worry too much about that information being available here.

But it is inevitable the wrong (or right, however you want to look at it) will see what he is doing, and will make sure that the enterprise will end. And without proper licenses you're a very, very easy prey.