Jet Ski Operator Drowns Off Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Jet Ski Operator drowns off Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA:--A 20 year old Jet Ski Operator drowned in mysterious circumstances off the coast of Pattaya on Monday.

jet-ski-3.jpg

The body of Khun Maetee was found, floating face-down close to his White and Yellow Jet Ski and close to the Bali Hai Port at the southern end of Pattaya Beach by the Captain of a pleasure boat. The body of the man and the Jet Ski were recovered and Police made an initial inspection of the body and found no visible signs of injury.

The man’s father, Khun Noree, was called and confirmed the dead man was his son. He revealed to Police that his son would spend most nights at local Internet Café’s and would remain there until the early morning. He would then start work later in the morning on Pattaya Beach in front of Soi 6, where he rents his Jet Ski to tourists. His father believes that his hectic lifestyle caused him to pass-out as he rode the Jet Ski.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/64007/jet-ski-operator-drowns-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

lets not turn this thread into a jetski scam thread please we have one already, there are many jetski operators in Pattaya and Jomtien that run an honest business so lets leave it at that.

A young man lost his life and we have a grieving family

• Like 2

I have dealt with many jet ski operators and some are very polite and reasonable when damage claims are made for real damage admitted by the renters and even for those that are not, I would not wish drowning as a way to go.

Sad, and I hope his relatives get closure re: the events leading to his death.

lets not turn this thread into a jetski scam thread please we have one already, there are many jetski operators in Pattaya and Jomtien that run an honest business so lets leave it at that.

A young man lost his life and we have a grieving family

RIP to the unfortunate chap however i don't think he will get much sympathy round here.

Despicable comment!

Why is it despicable? 'crudy21' gave condolences, then commented on a perfectly reasonable scenario, considering!

Because grown-ups practice some restraint when they realize that someone has died and that he has a family who are grieving and it isn't always necessary to score a few points by slipping in a snide comment under those circumstances ... although his comment was simply predicting the inevitable childish comments we all know would be forthcoming on Thai Visa.

Edited by Suradit69

RIP to the unfortunate chap however i don't think he will get much sympathy round here.

Despicable comment!

No it wasn't; the first five words conveyed sympathy, the rest of the comment was probably an accurate observation.

And very likely accurate.

It is possible that this was simply a death by misadventure.

Fatigue can be a terrible thing and hit you when you least expect it.

The kid may have fallen off the jetski and been unable to make it back on and drowned.

I myself had a close call about 17 years ago as a very strong swimmer and body surfer in Australia. I recall having been working like 12 to 14 hours a day for several days to get a job done and then the first day off went down to the beach and waded out to catch a few waves. I got caught in a mild rip and thought I could get out of it easily but due to fatigue found myself floundering. Next thing I knew there was the surf rescue jetski there to help me and threw out a line which I could barely hang onto as I was going under and just exhausted.

I made it back to shore with the help of the recue support but was totally wiped out. I suppose 30 seconds more and I might not have made it. Like I said,.. I was at that time very athletic and a top swimmer,... just the fatigue from too many late nights and not enough rest got to me!

R.I.P to the young lad and condolences to the greiving family.

Uhm, the father admitted that his son spent most of the nighttime in internet-cafes and following that activity the boy/man went to work.

Is "father" just a job-title or didn't he read the job-description.

Anyway, a sad story.........a lot of those boys sleep on the beach, guard the beach chairs set up the beach-chair areas in the morning and they are released when the beach-chair owners show up. Then they go to their next job.

It is possible that this was simply a death by misadventure.

Fatigue can be a terrible thing and hit you when you least expect it.

The kid may have fallen off the jetski and been unable to make it back on and drowned.

I myself had a close call about 17 years ago as a very strong swimmer and body surfer in Australia. I recall having been working like 12 to 14 hours a day for several days to get a job done and then the first day off went down to the beach and waded out to catch a few waves. I got caught in a mild rip and thought I could get out of it easily but due to fatigue found myself floundering. Next thing I knew there was the surf rescue jetski there to help me and threw out a line which I could barely hang onto as I was going under and just exhausted.

I made it back to shore with the help of the recue support but was totally wiped out. I suppose 30 seconds more and I might not have made it. Like I said,.. I was at that time very athletic and a top swimmer,... just the fatigue from too many late nights and not enough rest got to me!

R.I.P to the young lad and condolences to the greiving family.

I've been towed in a couple of times in sizable surf due to fatigue. Is there a strong current at Pattaya beach? South of Jomtien there is very minimal current (snorkeling) I'd think attaya has the same?

RIP

That looks like a police photo, one taken upon arrest...

Also looks like an ID card, which you might find are quite common in Thailand.

Yes they are common but never seen one with a height gauge behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am aware, all Thai ID cards have the height gauge on them.

I know that the height gauge was used when I first came to live in Thailand (in 1998) and the new issued ID cards also use the height gauge.

Regards,

Tiger

I've been towed in a couple of times in sizable surf due to fatigue. Is there a strong current at Pattaya beach? South of Jomtien there is very minimal current (snorkeling) I'd think attaya has the same?

Sometimes along the breakwater rocks at South end of Pattaya bay when the tide is going out there is a very strong tidal rip.

This out bound current moves at the rate of a normal walk and goes out to the lighthouse point.

But with all the marina construction I doubt if this current is as strong as it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP

That looks like a police photo, one taken upon arrest...

Also looks like an ID card, which you might find are quite common in Thailand.

Yes they are common but never seen one with a height gauge behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen one without. But as I live here what would I know