Britain, Scotland Sign Deal For Independence Referendum

News_Editor

If Scotland wants to be in the EU, it will be - no problems (traditionally Scotland's always had stronger ties with Europe - France in particular. ....England however is another matter -they may vote themselves out .........som nam naa!

One thing that needs to be remembered,some member States are already in extreme financial difficulties i.e Bankrupt,such as Ireland,Greece,Italy,and Spain,several others are heading in that direction,it would be well to realise the EU owes support to their present members,before taking on yet more financially stretched new members,with expectations of funding and expecting a EU welcome with arms outstretched would be somewhat unrealistic.

IMO I wouldn't expect the Bankrupt nations to be voting for a large monetary welcome pack for Scotland either.

it may have escaped your notice but Scotland is already in the EU and if they (Scotland) are financially strapped.........who's supporting them?

Scotland is in the EU as part of the United Kingdom.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately geriatrickid it is obvious that you have not taken the time to actually read this thread

or you would realise your first sentence has no validity whatsoever and you would be aware that

any and every British Embassy/consulate is not the exclusive property of England but in fact is equally

owned by N.Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England ( Britain ) so in the event of Scottish independance help, if

needed, will be right where it is now!! I would urge you to read the whole thread before making rash and

unsubstantiated staements/comments.

Sorry, but it is the property of the members of the United Kingdom. Once outside the UK, those rights of ownership will not remain. Your logic is the same as Quebec separtists who think that they will have access to the Canadian embassy once they seperate. Scottish nationals will have no legal right to the UK foreign office services anymore than would a Belgian. Along with sovereignty come responsibilities and full independence means just that.

• Like 2

it may have escaped your notice but Scotland is already in the EU and if they (Scotland) are financially strapped.........who's supporting them?

As previously stated, the EU membership is as part of the UK. Membership in the EU is not automatic and requires a vote by the EU members. There is also a waiting period. Do you honestly, think that the EU is going to immediately embrace Scotland? It sets a serious precedent and countries like Spain and France dealing with separtist movements of their own are not going to be so quick to vote yes, no matter how big the French feud is with England over taxation. The Scottish EU question cannot be given priority over countries that are patiently awaiting their membership vote and the Scots, bless their hearts, will have to get in line behind Bulgaria and Turkey.

Unfortunately geriatrickid it is obvious that you have not taken the time to actually read this thread

or you would realise your first sentence has no validity whatsoever and you would be aware that

any and every British Embassy/consulate is not the exclusive property of England but in fact is equally

owned by N.Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England ( Britain ) so in the event of Scottish independance help, if

needed, will be right where it is now!! I would urge you to read the whole thread before making rash and

unsubstantiated staements/comments.

Sorry, but it is the property of the members of the United Kingdom. Once outside the UK, those rights of ownership will not remain. Your logic is the same as Quebec separtists who think that they will have access to the Canadian embassy once they seperate. Scottish nationals will have no legal right to the UK foreign office services anymore than would a Belgian. Along with sovereignty come responsibilities and full independence means just that.

You are confirming what I said property of the United Kingdom of Great Britain commonly referred to as Britain. After independance

is attained by Scotland there will, I am sure, be a lenghty period of negotiation, one of which will be over the standing of Embassies/

consulates and how that turns out will be down to the negotiators, not you or me on this thread. However I feel that it is highly likely

the then UK of N.Ireland, Wales, and England will be quite willing to let Scotland use the same system as now, for a fee of course.

As previously stated, the EU membership is as part of the UK. Membership in the EU is not automatic and requires a vote by the EU members. There is also a waiting period. Do you honestly, think that the EU is going to immediately embrace Scotland? It sets a serious precedent and countries like Spain and France dealing with separtist movements of their own are not going to be so quick to vote yes, no matter how big the French feud is with England over taxation. The Scottish EU question cannot be given priority over countries that are patiently awaiting their membership vote and the Scots, bless their hearts, will have to get in line behind Bulgaria and Turkey.

And Rumania, and also the enormous bail out of Spain, Ireland,Greece, and Portugal, so expectations of massive injections of EU money to Scotland,are unrealistric.

If Scotland wants to be in the EU, it will be - no problems (traditionally Scotland's always had stronger ties with Europe - France in particular. ....England however is another matter -they may vote themselves out .........som nam naa!

One thing that needs to be remembered,some member States are already in extreme financial difficulties i.e Bankrupt,such as Ireland,Greece,Italy,and Spain,several others are heading in that direction,it would be well to realise the EU owes support to their present members,before taking on yet more financially stretched new members,with expectations of funding and expecting a EU welcome with arms outstretched would be somewhat unrealistic.

IMO I wouldn't expect the Bankrupt nations to be voting for a large monetary welcome pack for Scotland either.

It may have escaped your notice,but should there be a Yes Referendum vote,then Scotland will no longer be a member of the EU,and will need to apply for entry to the EU,in it's own right!

Wouldn't a district that is already a part of the EU by virtue of being united with another country, be given priority in membership?

A good point! but by virtue of Scotland ending the original deal i.e Scotland included in the United Kingdom application for EU Membership,they would then become another Country,so perhaps a lone application would be necessary,and would need to be voted in again by the other EU Members. Normally application from Countries for EU Membership is a very extreme process and can take years to finalise.

Wouldn't a district that is already a part of the EU by virtue of being united with another country, be given priority in membership?

I would think it likely.

Leaving aside the naysayers here I think it will be beneficial for all concerned to make such a transition as smooth as possible.

Handouts are not really on the cards....Scotland will fall under the more wealthy and developed areas of the EU already.

Hardly a Greece situation.

• Like 1

It may have escaped your notice,but should there be a Yes Referendum vote,then Scotland will no longer be a member of the EU,and will need to apply for entry to the EU,in it's own right!

don't jump to conclusions.

Following that logic England would be out too

Edited by cowslip

Is England planning on leaving the UK as well? I thought that they, Wales and Northern Ireland were going to carry on. I'd be surprised if they left, without a vote.

It's not obvious to me what rules would be applied to the apportionment of seabed to a a section of a country which seceded from its parent, nor the mineral wealth found therein. Does the oil in the British section belong to the United Kingdom (the Crown), or to the people of the nation?

SC

Is England planning on leaving the UK as well? I thought that they, Wales and Northern Ireland were going to carry on. I'd be surprised if they left, without a vote.

It's not obvious to me what rules would be applied to the apportionment of seabed to a a section of a country which seceded from its parent, nor the mineral wealth found therein. Does the oil in the British section belong to the United Kingdom (the Crown), or to the people of the nation?

SC

Membership of the EU is currently held by the United Kingdom of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. When/If Scotland comes out of that united kingdom, then it no longer exists as such so England and Northern Ireland will have to do some fancy footwork to get their membership continued. smile.png

Far greater minds than exist here in TV have seen this coming for years and will likely have contingencies prepared for either result. I would not be surprised if there isn't a get-out clause in the original Act of Union. wink.png

Edited by jpinx
  • Like 1

SC

Membership of the EU is currently held by the United Kingdom of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. When/If Scotland comes out of that united kingdom, then it no longer exists as such so England and Northern Ireland will have to do some fancy footwork to get their membership continued. smile.png

Far greater minds than exist here in TV have seen this coming for years and will likely have contingencies prepared for either result. I would not be surprised if there isn't a get-out clause in the original Act of Union. wink.png

New Angrit-Welsh-NI Flag....

post-13-0-89664300-1352899857_thumb.jpg

The UK remains a legal entity even with the loss of a member of its union. This does not change the legal standing of the UK, nor does it impact the remaining UK member's EU membership. The reality is that the other EU members would do everything possible to retain the UK tax base. Scotland does not have a contributing tax base and at this point is a net beneficiary of UK funds. That in no way denigrates Scotland or diminishes its value as a member of the UK as Scotland does contribute to the UK. However, the reality is that Scotland has benefited from the participation in an economy of scale. For example, a country of 5.2 million which is heavily dependent upon the financial services sector for employment would face some serious difficulties. The delivery of those financial services requires open access to the UK and the EU. Full independence would put that access at risk and could conceivably result in tens of thousands of workers becoming redundant as their employers had to change locations to meet trade and financial laws.

Even if all the promises of those promoting independence are true, it will take a long time for those dreams to bear fruit. In the meantime, a generation would see its standard of living slashed and public services reduced. The UK would see an influx of economic refugees stream across the border and who would be treated in much the same way as other economic migrants. The Scots cannot migrate to North America in quite the same way as they did in the last two centuries. Unemployed and unskilled workers would be denied entry into other countries, while the educated and wealthy class would be sought out and encouraged to emigrate. The loss of talented, educated and young Scots would cripple Scotland. One need only look at what happened in the last century when Scotland lost some of its best and brightest. The USA and Canada benefited and Scotland lost tremendous intellectual capital. Scottish immigrants to North America powered growth, and made important contributions to North American society. One key area that would suffer is health care as North America would throw gold at young Scottish health care workers to attract them. One can not sustain a family on dreams of a better future.

SC

SC you seem to be somewhat confused.

First, Scotland is not a section of any country, it is a country in its' own right and in 2014

will I beleive become an independant coutry. As far as I am aware Scotland does not have

a parent, and if it did it would definitively not be Ehgland or indeed the UK.

Second,international maritime borders or waters around almost all countries in the world

are well stablished and have been for many years. Any oil that is not within the maritime

waters of an independant Scotland will not belong to Scotland, and any that is will belong

to Scotland. Which just happens to be most of it.

SC

First, Scotland is not a section of any country, it is a country in its' own right and in 2014

will I beleive become an independant coutry. As far as I am aware Scotland does not have

Second,international maritime borders or waters around almost all countries in the world

are well stablished and have been for many years. Any oil that is not within the maritime

waters of an independant Scotland will not belong to Scotland, and any that is will belong

Assuming you are right? who owns the Rigs/Platforms,which comes to £Billions, and wasn't paid for by Scotland.One Platform alone,which I spent two years working on,came to £1.7 Billion.

Assuming you are right? who owns the Rigs/Platforms,which comes to £Billions, and wasn't paid for by Scotland.One Platform alone,which I spent two years working on,came to £1.7 Billion.

Presumably the same people who own them now - the oil companies who paid for them.

The UK remains a legal entity even with the loss of a member of its union. This does not change the legal standing of the UK, nor does it impact the remaining UK member's EU membership.

A "legal entity" under what legal jurisdiction? I have to ask you to quote references here please. Was it not the Act of Union which formed the United Kingdom ?

Presumably the same people who own them now - the oil companies who paid for them.

One would think so,which would need more clarification,as to continuity of the oil flow.

Who owns what is something of a legal mystery,to ordinary people. Considering the oil companies applied (and got) licences for drilling rights to certain sectors of the North Sea,and who actually owns the wells is a bigger mystery? Offshore limits and International waters is another nightmare.

One would think so,which would need more clarification,as to continuity of the oil flow.

Who owns what is something of a legal mystery,to ordinary people. Considering the oil companies applied (and got) licences for drilling rights to certain sectors of the North Sea,and who actually owns the wells is a bigger mystery? Offshore limits and International waters is another nightmare.

It's not complicated at all. The seabed is clearly owned by the country adjoining out to an agreed limit which has not been in contention in Europe for a long time.

Drilling licences are merely "permission to drill" issued by the relevant government - given that they own the seabed. The same goes for a permission to drill given by you to Shell when they decide to drill in your back yard. You will get your negotated fees but the well, drilling rig, oil, gas, pipeline, etc will never belong to you. There are multiple other regulations to be complied with, but none of them are anything to do with ownership of anything - mostly health and safety, and environmental considerations. The oil coming out of the well belongs to the drilling licence holder and he can do what he wants in terms of where he pipes it to, refines it, etc etc. This might involve another permission to lay a pipeline across the seabed which may belong to several countries, but it is a permission issue - nothing to do with ownership.

The myth of "Scotland's Oil" is no worse nor better than "English Gas" (for example) the net result of independence will be a continuance of the permissions to drill and lay pipelines until the natural renewal of those permissions, but the economic impact will depend on how much the newly independent Scotland can squeeze out of Shell, etc. by way of taxes on their activites and profits.

It's not complicated at all. The seabed is clearly owned by the country adjoining out to an agreed limit which has not been in contention in Europe for a long time.

Drilling licences are merely "permission to drill" issued by the relevant government - given that they own the seabed. The same goes for a permission to drill given by you to Shell when they decide to drill in your back yard. You will get your negotated fees but the well, drilling rig, oil, gas, pipeline, etc will never belong to you. There are multiple other regulations to be complied with, but none of them are anything to do with ownership of anything - mostly health and safety, and environmental considerations. The oil coming out of the well belongs to the drilling licence holder and he can do what he wants in terms of where he pipes it to, refines it, etc etc. This might involve another permission to lay a pipeline across the seabed which may belong to several countries, but it is a permission issue - nothing to do with ownership.

The myth of "Scotland's Oil" is no worse nor better than "English Gas" (for example) the net result of independence will be a continuance of the permissions to drill and lay pipelines until the natural renewal of those permissions, but the economic impact will depend on how much the newly independent Scotland can squeeze out of Shell, etc. by way of taxes on their activites and profits.

Interesting! So for Scotland after Independance they will keep the oil revenue of their wells,instead of having a share of the joint ownership of the United Kingdom wells,as is the case now? and which was paid for developing (getting it ashore) by the United Kingdom?

Edited by MAJIC

Interesting! So for Scotland after Independance they will keep the oil revenue of their wells,instead of having a share of the joint ownership of the United Kingdom wells,as is the case now? and which was paid for developing (getting it ashore) by the United Kingdom?

Shell, Exxon, etc paid to drill the wells and they own the wells, not England, Scotland or UK. The "oil revenue" is the price someone pays for that oil when it arrives onshore somewhere - that money also belongs to Shell, Exxon, etc. The only benefit to a country is where the government sticks a tax on the price paid - for example the price you pay for petrol which is largely tax - not money for oil at all.giggle.gif

Sorry for the delayed reply - I seem to be rate limited in postings blink.png

• Like 1

The North Sea Oil and Gas field have been divided up between Norway,Denmark,Germany,The Netherlands and UK for about the last 50 years.

Under the new order "Alba" it would appear could do rather well...no pun ..etc

Would also suggest that that Mr C boys will need every penny they can get especially when confronted with finding a dock for the RTS... Nuc Subs..

anyway...FIO

Netherlands

Onshore Rijswijk oil field - An Oilfield with a Lower Cretaceous reservoir

Schoonebeek - largest onshore oilfield in Western Europe

Groningen gas field - huge gas discovery

Offshore (serviced from Den Helder) Zuidwal

Ameland - (whether this will be developed onshore or offshore is an open question)

De Ruyter oil field - Most recent offshore oil development (2006)

Hanze oil field - Most northern oil field in Dutch sector (2001)

Many fields in Quadrantrs P, Q, K, L, some in blocks E, F

----------------------------------------------------------------

England.

Onshore Wytch Farm - BP's largest onshore development

Singleton, West Sussex - situated across the valley from Goodwood Racecourse

(several other prospects along strike on the South Downs)

East Midlands oilfield, centred on Eakring, Nottinghamshire and extending up to Eskdale, North Yorkshire and the Pickering / Kirby Misperton structure under Ryedale.

Offshore (Southern North Sea) (serviced from Easington, Lowestoft,

Hartlepool, Yarmouth and near Skegness) Hewett - Triassic, operated by Eni

Dotty - Triassic

Leman - Rotliegend

Vulcan - Rotliegend, operated by ConocoPhillips

Indefatigable - Rotliegend

Viking - Rotliegend - operated by ConocoPhillips

Audrey - Rotliegend - operated by ConocoPhillips

Ann - Rotliegend - operated by ConocoPhillips

Amethyst gasfield - Rotliegend - operated by BP

West Sole gasfield -Rotliegend

Rough gasfield - used for Natural gas storage

Cleeton gasfield - Rotliegend

Ravenspurn gasfield - Rotliegend

Caister gasfield - Carboniferous sandstone, - operated by ConocoPhillips

Murdoch gasfield- Carboniferous sandstone, - operated by ConocoPhillips

Gordon gasfield - Triassic

Forbes gasfield - Triassic

Esmond gasfield - Triassic

Offshore Irish Sea (serviced from Liverpool, Blackpool and Morecambe)

Douglas gas field - Triassic, operated by BHP

Lennox gas field - Triassic, operated by BHP

Hamilton gas field - Triassic, operated by BHP

Morecambe gas field - Triassic, Operated by Centrica

Millom gasfield - Triassic, operated by Burlington Resources

-------------------------------------------------------------

Scotland

Offshore (Central North Sea)

Argyll & Duncan Oilfields - Rotliegend / Zechstein

Auk oilfield - Rotliegend / Zechstein, Operated by Talisman Energy

Clyde oilfield - Fulmar sandstone operated by Talisman Energy

Fulmar oilfield - Fulmar sandstone, Operated by Talisman Energy

J-Block gasfield - Triassic, Chalk and Palaeocene, operated by ConocoPhillips

Elgin-Franklin gasfield - Fulmar sandtone and Middle Jurassic, operated by Total S.A.

Shearwater gas/condensate field - Jurassic Fulmar sandstone - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

Erskine gasfield -Middle Jurassic sandstone - operated by Chevron

Gannet oilfield (A, B, C, D, E, F and G) - Eocene, Palaeocene and Jurassic - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

Scoter gas/condensate field - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

Merganser gas/condensate field - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

Pierce oilfield - Palaeocene - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

ETAP gas field complex includes Marnock, Machar, Monan, Mungo, Madoes and Mirren fields, Operated by BP

Heron Cluster oil fields - Triassic Skagerrak Formation - includes Heron, Egret and Skua - operated by Shell U.K. Limited

Arbroath oilfield - Plaeocene, Forties Sandstone, operated by Talisman Energy

Blane oil field - Paleocene, Forties Sandstone, operated by Talisman Energy

Montrose oilfield - Paleocene, Forties Sandstone, operated by Talisman Energy

Lomond gasfield - Palaeocene, Forties Sandstone operated by BG Group

Everest gasfield - Palaeocene, Forties Sandstone operated by BG Group

Armada gasfields - Palaeocene and Jurassic Fulmar, operated by BG Group

Kittiwake oilfield - Operated by Petrofac

Nelson oilfield - Palaeocene, Forties Sandstone, Operated by Shell Oil

Forties oilfield - Palaeocene, Forties Sandstone operated by Apache North Sea

Britannia gasfield - Lower Cretaceous, Operated by ConocoPhillips and Chevron

Alba oilfield - Eocene operated by Chevron

Buchan oil field - Devonian Sandstone - Operated by Talisman Energy

Ettrick oilfield - Upper Jurassic

Buzzard oilfield - Upper Jurassic operated by Nexen, largest discovery in last 25 years

Andrew oilfield - Palaeocene, operated by BP

Moira oilfield - Palaeocene

Maureen oilfield - Palaeocene (abandoned, platform removed) was operated by Phillips Petroleum)

Cyrus oilfield - Palaeocene

Balmoral oilfield - Palaeocene

Gryphon oilfield- Eocene Operated by Maersk Oil

Harding oilfield - Eocene Operated by BP

Tiffany oilfield - Upper Jurassic

Toni oilfield - Upper Jurassic (subsea tie back to Tiffany)

Thelma oilfield - Upper Jurassic (subsea tie back to Tiffany)

Sycamore oilfield - Upper Jurassic (subsea tie back to Tiffany and Brae)

Brae oilfield Upper Jurassic (several satellite accumulations) operated by Marathon Oil

Miller oilfield - Operated by BP

Offshore (Moray Firth) (Serviced from Aberdeen)

Beatrice oilfield- Upper Jurassic operated by Talisman Energy

Unnamed, yet, Senergy

Claymore oilfield - Upper Jurassic operated by Talisman Energy

Piper oilfield - Upper Jurassic operated by Talisman Energy, produced from Piper Bravo platform after loss of Piper Alpha

Tartan oilfield - Upper Jurassic operated by Talisman Energy

Scott oilfield - Upper Jurassic operated by Nexen

Ross oilfield - Upper Jurassic (small development by Talisman Energy; within sight of Peterhead)

Blake oilfield -Lower Cretaceous, operated by BG Group

Offshore (Northern North Sea) (serviced from Aberdeen)

Beryl oilfield upper Jurassic operated by Apache North Sea (with offshoots to Linhe, Ness...)

Bressay oilfield

Bentley Oil Field south east of Bressay and owned by Xcite

Emerald oilfield

Captain Oilfield operated by Chevron it contains two platforms the WPP linked to the BLP by a bridge and an FPSO for oil storage. The field also has a tie in to the Frigg system to pump gas

Strathspey oilfield (Subsea tie-back to Ninian Central)

Columba oilfield (extended-reach drilling from Ninian platforms)

Ninian oilfield 3 platforms operated by Canadian Natural Resources Limited

Lyell oilfield - Operated by Canadian Natural Resources Limited

Heather oilfield Middle Jurassic operated by EnQuest PLC

Brent oilfield Middle Jurassic operated by Shell (4 main platforms, plus Brent Spar)

Dunlin oilfield Middle Jurassic operated by Fairfield

Hutton oilfield (produced from the innovative Tension-leg platform; decommissioned 2001 was operated by Conoco)

Cormorant oilfield Middle Jurassic operated by TAQA, (production started sweet, but has turned slightly sour over the decades. which is very interesting. And worrying.)

Tern oilfield Operated by TAQA formerly by Shell Oil

Eider oilfield Middle Jurassic operated by TAQA

Murchison oilfield Straddles the Norwegian median line. Operated by Canadian Natural Resources Limited

Don oilfield

Magnus oilfield - Operated by BP

North Alwyn oilfield - Operated by Total S.A.

Dunbar oilfield - Operated by Total S.A.

Offshore (West of Shetland) (Serviced from Aberdeen)

Clair oilfield - Operated by BP. A very large, but high viscosity field.

Schiehallion oilfield - Operated by BP

Foinaven oilfield - Operated by Teekay Petrojarl on behalf of BP

----------------------------------------------------------------

Germany

Onshore Wietze near Hanover, discovered in 1859.

The Schoenebeek field of the Netherlands extends across the border.

Offshore Mittelplate, approx. 2 Mio m³/a of crude oil production

A6/B4, gas field 300 km in the North Sea, gas transport via the NOGAT pipeline

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark

Nothing onshore

Offshore development is abundant. Of the 19 fields, 15 are operated by Maersk Oil and Gas as part of the Dansk Undergrunds Consortium, with the remaining 4 operated by DONG Energy (3) and Hess (1).[1] Nils oilfiled

Skjold oilfield- Chalk reservoir

Gorm oil and gasfield - Chalk reservoir

Roar oilfield - Chalk reservoir

Harald oilfield - Chalk reservoir

Dan oil and gas field - Chalk reservoir

Kraka oilfield - Chalk reservoir

Halfdan oil and gas field - Chalk reservoir

Tyra oil and gas field - Chalk reservoir

Tyra Southeast oil field

Svend oil field

Valdemar oilfield

Lulita gas field

Regnar oil field

Rolf oil field

Dagmar oil field

Siri oil field

Nini oil field

Cecilie oil field

South Arne oil and gas field

-----------------------------------------------------------

Norway

Reference - Norwegian Petroleum Directorate fact pages on oil fields

Onshore developments -none (Oslo Graben oil seeps??).

Offshore developments. Serviced from Stavanger, Bergen, Kristiansund

Central North Sea Hod oilfield - Chalk reservoir, operated by BP

Valhall oilfield - Chalk reservoir, operated by BP

Eldfisk - Chalk reservoir, operated by ConocoPhillips

Ekofisk - Chalk reservoir, operated by ConocoPhillips

Embla oilfield - Devonian / Permian Reservoir, operated by ConocoPhillips

Tor oilfield - Chalk reservoir, operated by ConocoPhillips

Albuskjell oilfield - decommissioned

Tambar oil field- Upper Jurassic sandstone reservoir, operated by BP

Ula oil field- Jurassic sandstone reservoir, operated by BP

Gyda oil field - Jurassic sandstone reservoir, operated by Talisman Energy

Blane oil field - Paleocene sandstone reservoir, operated by Talisman Energy

Oselvar oil field - operated by DONG Energy

Cod oilfield- decommissioned

Northern North Sea Sleipner oilfield -

Jurassic and Palaeocene reservoirs, operated by Statoil

Brisling oilfield

Bream oilfield

Balder oilfield - Palaeocene/Eocene, operated by ExxonMobil

Frigg gas field Large Eocene reservoir gas field

Gudrun gas/oil field Jurassic reservoir, high pressure, being developed by Statoil

Hild gas field

Heimdal gas field - Palaeocene reservoir, operated by Statoil

Vale gas field - operated by Statoil

Oseberg oilfield Middle Jurassic sandstone reservoir operated by Statoil

Grane oil field - operated by Statoil

Brage oil field - operated by Statoil

Troll Largest gas field in North Sea operated by Statoil.

Gullfaks oil field - Middle Jurassic reservoir operated by Statoil

Statfjord along strike from Brent, but structurally deeper, partially in UK sector. Operated by Statoil

Snorre oilfield - Middle Jurassic reservoir operated by Statoil

Marihøne oil field - operated in Partnership by Marathon Oil, Conoco Phillips and Lundin Petroleum

Murchison oil field (part of; produced through UK) operated by Canadian Natural Resources Limited

Agat

Haltenbank; numerous developments in production, Heidrun gasfied, Draugen oil field, Ormen Lange etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SC

To the best of my knowledge, the waters (and seabed) around the UK are within the domain of the United Kingdom. What rules that are applied to their division between the United Kingdom, and its seceding state, Scotland, may be subject to agreement, and that agreement may be a condition to the secession.

SC

To the best of my knowledge, the waters (and seabed) around the UK are within the domain of the United Kingdom. What rules that are applied to their division between the United Kingdom, and its seceding state, Scotland, may be subject to agreement, and that agreement may be a condition to the secession.

SC

SC Have you read anything in the last ten posts?? If not maybe you should!!

SC

SC Have you read anything in the last ten posts?? If not maybe you should!!

Well, let's hope that your assumptions about how everything is going to pan out are right. Let's hope that the EU grants us prompt membership, and doesn't gouge us for whatever subsidies they can get. Let's hope that the UK agrees to what we consider to be a fair share of the UK section of the oil reserves. Let's hope the price of oil stays high, as well...

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine; with great blokes like Alex Salmond at the helm, and his expert advisors, what could possibly go wrong?

SC