Mia Noi ?

CharlieH

I have seen this mentioned from time to time and it introduced in other threads but havnt seen it discussed in its own right.

As I understand it, "Mia No" (little wife)i is basically a relationship with another woman outside of marriage, in the west it would simply be termed "adultery".

There can be more than one "Mia Noi" and the original married woman becomes "Mia Luang" as I have come to learn.

So, there is the original partner and legal wife "Mia Luang" who often sanctions and can control "Mia Noi".

My question is, how do western guys feels about this ? is it totally alien and something you wouldnt do ?

Does it mean the wife loves you any less if she allows you to have a "mia-noi" or does it mean she just wants you happy ?

One Thai woman I know said "if it makes him happy and its just sex then that's fine, as long as he doesnt leave me or the family it's fine"

What are your experiences , if any, or maybe you have a "mia noi", how does it work for you ? whats your opinion about this ?

If you are a female member of the forum how would you react if your husband had or wanted a Mia Noi?

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works good till the wife gets jealous, i been in an open relationship and had giks while married. Went perfect (she could have a guy at times too). It was fun for a while untill she got jealous. So then we cancelled the whole thing.

Things like this usually happen when guys have been in a relation a couple of years and its not new anymore.

A Mia Noi is a status symbol. Something like a trophy wife in the west.

I once jokingly asked my wife if she minds if I had a Mia Noi. She answered "If you can afford it ..." And from her eyes I understood that's something that would be very, very expensive ...

Edited by JurgenG

My input as a female member of the forum...

I have dated a Thai guy and it has come to my understanding that Thailand is a very patriarchal society. Whilst guys are allowed to have giks and mia noi's the woman is not because at the end of the day their husband/boyfriend is paying for them seeing as men are the breadwinners in majority of relationships here. I don't condone in double standards in a relationship so if I was with a guy who wanted to have more than woman but I was not allowed to have more than one man then he can kiss my a** goodbye! Obviously this does not apply to all Thai men in the country. I know some who are monogamous in their relationships.

I have no problem with polyamory or monogamous relationships but it must work both ways and there has to be full trust with both parties involved.

If your husband can have a mia noi, you are okay with that as long as you can have a phua?

What if the "little husband" wants to be compensated for his time. Would the relationship continue?

I've always felt that if the man or woman needed a outside relationship in their marriage, then its time

to review the marriage itself.

In Thailand you can do whatever you want, as long as you can pay for it.

Married guy wants a young girl on the side ...... he pays.

Married woman wants a young guy on the side ....... she pays.

One of the few equal 'opportunity societies' in the world.

Thats exactly what my gf told me when I ask about women with young men. She said same as man with mia noi if he or she can afford it they can have it.

I have dated a Thai guy and it has come to my understanding that Thailand is a very patriarchal society. Whilst guys are allowed to have giks and mia noi's the woman is not because at the end of the day their husband/boyfriend is paying for them seeing as men are the breadwinners in majority of relationships here. I don't condone in double standards in a relationship so if I was with a guy who wanted to have more than woman but I was not allowed to have more than one man then he can kiss my a** goodbye! Obviously this does not apply to all Thai men in the country. I know some who are monogamous in their relationships.

I have no problem with polyamory or monogamous relationships but it must work both ways and there has to be full trust with both parties involved.

....And that is why i insist mia jai participate in the triangle, so it's fair to all

Sadly, I'm not wealthy enough to afford a Mia Noi ... crying.gif.

The first step you have to do is getting married. Then, you can start dreaming of a Mia Noi. Having a GF doesn't count.

can't he have a girlfriend noi? huh.png

Based on the presupposition that one worships money.

• Like 1

Based on the presupposition that one worships money.

Based on the presupposition that many young Thais worship money.

I certainly understand where you are coming from but I doubt that your view preserves the culture of Thailand in general and Thailand's patriarchal society in particular. I know I am not alone when I mention there are men who came to Thailand to immerse themselves in the local culture, temples and food and morals. I feel we must take the good with the bad. As much as it may offend my Western sensibilities I try and go along with the dominant culture on this one.

• Like 1

Sadly, I'm not wealthy enough to afford a Mia Noi ... crying.gif.

The first step you have to do is getting married. Then, you can start dreaming of a Mia Noi. Having a GF doesn't count.

can't he have a girlfriend noi? huh.png

In size or........

If your husband can have a mia noi, you are okay with that as long as you can have a phua?

What if the "little husband" wants to be compensated for his time. Would the relationship continue?

I've always felt that if the man or woman needed a outside relationship in their marriage, then its time

to review the marriage itself.

This is obviously your opinion on this matter however I know several people who are in polyamorous relationships and they do just fine and have done so for years. It definitely doesn't suit everyone that is for sure.

I am personally a monogamous person myself but I can see why the idea of polyamory would appeal to some people.

Mia Noi no need for that you can get short time if you really want

I personally have no need my wife is great and i respect her.

that and she has big knifes in the kitchen that she might use

as she said "cut for duck" i always reply the duck will be hungry darling.

• Like 2