German And Thai Girlfriend Killed In Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

German and Thai Girlfriend killed in early morning Central Pattaya road crash

PATTAYA: -- A German and his Thai Girlfriend were killed in an early morning road accident in Central Pattaya on Thursday.

Police and rescue services were called to the scene of the crash on Pattaya Second Road in front of the Hard Rock Hotel, just after 6.30am.

Lying across their mangled motorbike was the German, Mr. Kai Ivangean aged 33, who was reportedly driving the motorbike, along with Khun Jootatit aged 27 who was riding as passenger.

Witnesses saw the bike being driven at a high rate of speed and it was seen to collide with the read-end of a parked Toyota Minivan. Inside the minivan was it’s driver, Khun Tanya aged 38 who claimed he was parked-up waiting for a customer who intended to travel to Bangkok, when the impact with the motorbike occurred.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...aya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-18

footer_n.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he was drunk because stone cold sober people do not run into the backs of very large parked vehicles at high speed at that time in the morning !

I also didn't say he was drunk but stated that I see it all the time here on Samui.

I am also writing about a German that has killed a young Thai lady due to his actions and not hers !

My condolences go to the Thai family !

Edited by ThailandBert
  • Like 2

Wow some of you guys/girls on here are real haters, you all sound biter and twisted. Too much time spent in the The Land of Lost Smiles I think.

Have you looked at the picture of where the Van is supposedly parked?

It's parked on the right of a 3 lane road which is illegal as its a no parking zone, the driver probably just decided to stop there at the last minute. Hence why he has just made up the parked here story and now been arrested. If this would of been just another dead Farange and not a poor thai girl involved then the van drivers story would of held up. Lets hope her Parents have some money to get this case fully investigated.

Lets hope the Thai government in its infinite wisdom bring out real driving lessons for there always right indigenous people.

• Like 2

Not bitter, twisted or hate filled but lived here long enough to have seen this thing thousands of times. I again state a sober person riding a motorcycle properly would have no trouble avoiding the illegally parked minibus just like the rest of us do on a daily basis. Lets hear your perfectly logical explanation them please.

Explain how this poor man was the victim of the heartless minibus driver ?

Another senseless accident.

Regardless if the mini van was parked illegally there is only one person at fault here.

A lot of people think second rd is one-way, but I believe in that lane, between North Rd and Klang, tourist traffic is allowed towards Pattaya Klang, and hence no parking is permitted. Nevertheless the guy hit a stationary vehicle...which I believe makes you at fault.

A testosterone moment perhaps cost 2 lives.

Edited by jacko45k

Rest in peace and condolences to the families. Hitting a parked van at the very side of a 3 or more lane road is surely nothing one would expect. How's the traffic there at 6:30 am?

Minimal traffic volume at 6:30AM in that area of Pattaya. Unfortunately in Pattaya there are more than a few foreigners who drive motorbikes carelessly, without helmets, drive Thai style with more than one passenger in heavy traffic i.e. GF and children etc. Not saying the deceased driver did so, as don't know the circumstances

Have you noticed that it is always the MINI VANS that are the cause of road accidents!? How many passengers have died from MINI VANS accidents? The driver said his vehicle was parked when the accident occurs, I don't believe him for one moment! This scum bag must have reversed into the motorcyclist!

Have you noticed that it is always the MINI VANS that are the cause of road accidents!? How many passengers have died from MINI VANS accidents? The driver said his vehicle was parked when the accident occurs, I don't believe him for one moment! This scum bag must have reversed into the motorcyclist!

Are you for real?? Reversed??

Look at the damage in the photos, and two people killed. How fast do you think the driver was reversing??coffee1.gif

RIP young couple

• Like 1

Not bitter, twisted or hate filled but lived here long enough to have seen this thing thousands of times. I again state a sober person riding a motorcycle properly would have no trouble avoiding the illegally parked minibus just like the rest of us do on a daily basis. Lets hear your perfectly logical explanation them please.

Explain how this poor man was the victim of the heartless minibus driver ?

Maybe he was distracted momentarily by something? Maybe something ran out into the road and he had to take avoiding action? Maybe he was cut-up by other traffic? Maybe there was something wrong with the motorcycle? Maybe he hit some debris in the road?

Maybe he was drunk, but you don't know this.

And your explanation is, clearly, not perfectly logical, but your assumptions may turn out to be correct. But right now that's all they are, meritless assumptions.

• Like 2

Look at the damage in the photos, and two people killed. How fast do you think the driver was reversing??coffee1.gif

RIP young couple

I think that Masaomi's comment was what is known as sarcasm, but you never know, his theory is not beyond the realms of possibility.

And if it was correct, the impact speed would have been a combination of both vehicles, not just the van's. Eg., if the van was reversing at, say, 5kph and if the bike was doing 40kph, that's a 45kph impact.

R.I.P.

Always drive carefully and speed should be in your limit of control.

Better it should be 40-60 Km/H.

Why? Is that the speed at which injuries don't occur? Surely speed should be appropriate for the road conditions?

RIP young couple

I think that Masaomi's comment was what is known as sarcasm, but you never know, his theory is not beyond the realms of possibility.

And if it was correct, the impact speed would have been a combination of both vehicles, not just the van's. Eg., if the van was reversing at, say, 5kph and if the bike was doing 40kph, that's a 45kph impact.

You mean what is known as, "attempted" sarcasm right Bill, that crossed my mind for a moment too, but given the poor attempt at it, not to mention the circumstances, the theory was soon dismissed.

R.I.P.

Always drive carefully and speed should be in your limit of control.

Better it should be 40-60 Km/H.

Why? Is that the speed at which injuries don't occur? Surely speed should be appropriate for the road conditions?

I agree, I should think it would be pretty hairy travelling at 40-60 Km/H if traffic around you was at a standstill.....

Wow some of you guys/girls on here are real haters, you all sound biter and twisted. Too much time spent in the The Land of Lost Smiles I think.

Have you looked at the picture of where the Van is supposedly parked?

It's parked on the right of a 3 lane road which is illegal as its a no parking zone, the driver probably just decided to stop there at the last minute. Hence why he has just made up the parked here story and now been arrested. If this would of been just another dead Farange and not a poor thai girl involved then the van drivers story would of held up. Lets hope her Parents have some money to get this case fully investigated.

Lets hope the Thai government in its infinite wisdom bring out real driving lessons for there always right indigenous people.

You sound incredibly delusional. Your made-up scenario is more twisted than anyone else's. The van was clearly parked off to the side of the road. Drivers do not typically hit parked vehicles unless they were impaired. A pretty logical deduction, much more so than your bizarre reenactment.

• Like 2

If illegally parked cars and minibuses caused this accident like some people here are trying to make out then there would be carnage throughout the country. As it is the vast majority of sober people both Thai and Farang riding their motorbikes in a reasonable manner manage to avoid these very collisions every day without any accidents or mishaps.

Drunken idiots riding at great speed after a night on the town tend to end up as this guy did and this time sadly taking an innocent young girl with him

• Like 1

Rest in peace and condolences to the families. Hitting a parked van at the very side of a 3 or more lane road is surely nothing one would expect. How's the traffic there at 6:30 am?

My condolences as well. The holes in the swiss cheese lined up for the deceased. In Thailand it seems that the swiss cheese has few slices and many sizeable holes. Defensive driving says that a stalled vehicle will almost inevitably get rear-ended. In situations like this (the van was effectively 'stalled') people in the stalled vehicle are instructed (USA) to exit the vehicle and walk down-road away from the vehicle and wait for the highly-probable rear-end collision. With a stall on a bridge, even a multi-lane one, it is particularly dangerous to remain with the vehicle.

Speculation about whether or not the van driver had placed diversion reflectors or flares behind his van would seem to be futile. Did he even think to activate his parking flashers or, at least, leave his lights on? He's lucky he wasn't hit by something with much more kinetic energy to teach him of the potentially dangerous situation he had set up (providing he survived such a high-energy hit).

Edited by MaxYakov

My condolences as well. The holes in the swiss cheese lined up for the deceased. In Thailand it seems that the swiss cheese has few slices and many sizeable holes. Defensive driving says that a stalled vehicle will almost inevitably get rear-ended. In situations like this (the van was effectively 'stalled') people in the stalled vehicle are instructed (USA) to exit the vehicle and walk down-road away from the vehicle and wait for the highly-probable rear-end collision. With a stall on a bridge, even a multi-lane one, it is particularly dangerous to remain with the vehicle.

Speculation about whether or not the van driver had placed diversion reflectors or flares behind his van would seem to be futile. Did he even think to activate his parking flashers or, at least, leave his lights on?

Where on earth do you get the suddenly stalled vehicle nonsense from ? The driver has stated he was parked up waiting for a customer who was going to BKK.

You see these same vehicles parked everywhere and most parked illegally and 99% of people avoid riding into the back of them at high speed.

Are the people here trying to ignore this fact people who do exactly the same thing ?

Speculation about whether or not the van driver had placed diversion reflectors or flares behind his van would seem to be futile. Did he even think to activate his parking flashers or, at least, leave his lights on?

Where on earth do you get the suddenly stalled vehicle nonsense from ? The driver has stated he was parked up waiting for a customer who was going to BKK.

You see these same vehicles parked everywhere and most parked illegally and 99% of people avoid riding into the back of them at high speed.

Are the people here trying to ignore this fact people who do exactly the same thing ?

I didn't say 'suddenly stalled'. I said 'effectively stalled' and that's under the assumption he was stopped in a traffic lane. If he was legally parked and with a large span of empty parking spaces behind him, a rear-ender is still quite possible, if not probable. The crucial question is was the van 'parked-up' in a traffic lane or was it legally parked? If parking was tight, it would not surprise me that he was 'waiting' while double-parked.