O Wine Gallery

jomtienfun

Wine bar bristo a new place on Theprasit rd

Very nice decorated a large selection from wines by the bottle from all around the world and a small food menu starting from 900 a bottle up to 3000 and more

The place is beatufil designed

Just open and been there last night

Had one glass red wine cost 250 bath

Food prices start from around 300

If you are into wine and don't mind paying "big" money it is worth trying but fear the location is a bit strange

Half way Theprasit close to and opposite soi 17

The staff told me it belong to Thai from Bangkok

Hope for him it will work and I will try the food one time but for becoming a regular place 250 a glass just a bit to much for me

jomtienfun

250 a glass? 4 glasses in a bottle right? 1000 a bottle, near enough the same price of any half decent wine in the supermarkets. Unless they are giving you really small glasses. Considering you pay usually around 1200 a bottle and upwards in most places to eat I dont think its that bad.

I paid 1150 for a bottle of white in Preecha the other day and it was disgusting and cheap.

• Like 1

250 a glass? 4 glasses in a bottle right? 1000 a bottle, near enough the same price of any half decent wine in the supermarkets. Unless they are giving you really small glasses. Considering you pay usually around 1200 a bottle and upwards in most places to eat I dont think its that bad.

I paid 1150 for a bottle of white in Preecha the other day and it was disgusting and cheap.

Mind you the OP does not comment on what his 250baht glass of wine was like - although taste is, of course, subjective. Re JTs comment it would be good to know as well what size the glass was?

Mind you the OP does not comment on what his 250baht glass of wine was like - although taste is, of course, subjective. Re JTs comment it would be good to know as well what size the glass was?

Sorry,

The size of the glass is not so important, its the amount of wine they serve in it that matters.thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

Sorry,

The size of the glass is not so important, its the amount of wine they serve in it that matters.thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Yermanee wai.gif

You need room in the glass to slosh it around and pretend you know about wine smile.png

• Like 1

The glass was large - big and the amount from wine inside maybe more then other places

But 8 glasses from one bottle is what I also think to be normal standard

Wine was from south Africa and taste normal not bad but also not really superior I did not asked to see the label maybe stupid from me but as we know many places have also a south African wine as house wine I didn't wanted to know in case it would be the same one

Wine was very chilled

But will go back with friend for food and then order a bottle what surly will be better bargain

jomtienfun

250 baht would be fair for a decent pour of a very good wine, but get real, that's economically impossible in Thailand.

What is a very good wine.. give me 5 examples please. biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I could have easily done so back when I was a wine drinker. I gave up drinking wine in Thailand. (Too expensive.) I didn't mean great wines though, just drinkable wines with at least of moderate level of complexity. The kind you can get in a wine store for 300 - 400 baht in the U.S. easily and maybe 150 baht in Argentina Edited by Jingthing

250 baht would be fair for a decent pour of a very good wine, but get real, that's economically impossible in Thailand.

What is a very good wine.. give me 5 examples please. biggrin.png

I could have easily done so back when I was a wine drinker. I gave up drinking wine in Thailand. (Too expensive.) I didn't mean great wines though, just drinkable wines with at least of moderate level of complexity. The kind you can get in a wine store for 300 - 400 baht in the U.S. easily and maybe 150 baht in Argentina

OK... I get you... well I think my local place fits the bill. I never was big wine drinker. But I think they have done well on their house wines. 2 south African and 2 Chilean (oh and buy one get one free on the Chilean) BUT it's not pattaya with its high rent ect.

Ohh and they sell the south African Klippenkop pinotage at 490b s bottle :D

Edited by thaicbr

there is good wine to be had here but its exe ....average bottle is 750mls so u get 5 150s from each bottle this 8 to a bottle is dreaming ....depending on the ambience food girls ..250 is reasonable ...there is a problem with the correct storage of wine here .... local thai wine have tried but wont be back for seconds ...hope the place goes well .a bit of diversity cheers ...

I have been there and checked it out, They spent a lot of money designing & decking it out in a modern Bangkok style.

They have many wines available from 1000 to 15000 baht, but unfortunately only a few wines "by the glass"

The house wines are very good though (available by glass) the portions are very decent and I feel worth 250 baht (the wine in the glass looked to me like 160-170ml so aprox 4.5 glass per bottle, (good portions)

The place is slightly pretentious it will not be everybody's cup of tea. To be honest it is not actually clear what the establishment is trying to be:

Is it a restaurant? (no) limited food/snacks menu.

Is it a wine bar? Yes but why is it decked out like a fine dining restaurant? if it is a wine bar I would expect more relaxed seating areas & chill out areas less dining tables and a longer bar.

At the moment the only place to sit is the small bar unless you want to sit at a dining table dressed up for fine dining. there is not places to relax with friends and drink wine apart from a dinner table. The food menu consists of 5 snacks, 7 appetizers, 4 Mains.

The owner is called "O" is a friendly Thai guy from bangkok, the staff are friendly. I really hope that they can make it work, I personally would imagine that the place will have to evolve slightly when it finds out what it really is or what the local market demands.

I recommend any wine lover to go and try this place. Good luck & welcome to Pattaya O Wine bar & gallery!

Video

• 4 months later...

I just checked out this place and the price is very reasonable.
Especially since they started happy hour (5pm -7pm).

They told me they started a new food menu this month.
The chef is from Canada and I must say the food is very tasty.

I had two glasses of red wine, an appetizer and pasta.
For all under 500B. Mind you I went during happy hour.

I recommend that you give this place a try.
The staff are friendly and will be back again soon.

Edited by the jude man