Forums 'will Be Like Rallies' Says Abhisit

Lite Beer

quote: Democrat Party will not hold a parallel forum but will hold 'Truth forums' as normal in all areas," Abhisit said.

Did he learn that spin at Eton or Oxford

More likely by watching parliamentary debates on BBC. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

quote: Democrat Party will not hold a parallel forum but will hold 'Truth forums' as normal in all areas," Abhisit said.

Same thing isn't it - bunch of old boys blowing hot air.thumbsup.gif

Same thing isn't it - bunch of old boys blowing hot air.thumbsup.gif

Not quite the same, old chap. May I remind you that the right honorable James Hacker MP was an alumni of the LSE

Fozfromoz has it dead right. You are all wasting your time and energy on this. Go home if you want to influence Democracy. You cannot do it here in Thailand. We just don't have a say whatsoever. (As far as I am aware unless its through your partners).

Being educated in business, and economics it hurts me see a country intentionally create a dictatorship. The element of free enterprise is one of the first things destroyed, and the economic growth of the country is no longer a priority. That is where the dilema arises, on the one hand I want the best for Thailand economically on the world markets, but as a foreigner dependant on the dollar to baht exchange rate, I would like to financially see the economy tank, as this government is attempting to do to it. The social influence of the "me" attitude of Thailand is rubbing off on me.

I can't stand blatantly corrupt officials, but for myself to benefit the most in Thailand Thaksin needs to be brought back so he can directly tank the economy, not continuing to operate through proxies to do it, bringing the dollar to baht exchange rate back to the 40+ to the dollar level as he proposes for renewed manufactoring growth the cheap labor would provide, and better export growth the cheap baht would promote is the best for "me", and not Thailand as a whole.

His personal interests he constantly places above the needs of the country also benefit me, so I am caught in the moral dilema. Do I support bringing him back exhonorated for my own benefit, or do I concern myself for what is best for Thailand as a whole, and support jailing, prosecuting, and executing him for the corrupt executive decisions he has made, and continues to make?

Being educated in business, and economics it hurts me see a country intentionally create a dictatorship. The element of free enterprise is one of the first things destroyed, and the economic growth of the country is no longer a priority. That is where the dilema arises, on the one hand I want the best for Thailand economically on the world markets, but as a foreigner dependant on the dollar to baht exchange rate, I would like to financially see the economy tank, as this government is attempting to do to it. The social influence of the "me" attitude of Thailand is rubbing off on me.

I can't stand blatantly corrupt officials, but for myself to benefit the most in Thailand Thaksin needs to be brought back so he can directly tank the economy, not continuing to operate through proxies to do it, bringing the dollar to baht exchange rate back to the 40+ to the dollar level as he proposes for renewed manufactoring growth the cheap labor would provide, and better export growth the cheap baht would promote is the best for "me", and not Thailand as a whole.

His personal interests he constantly places above the needs of the country also benefit me, so I am caught in the moral dilema. Do I support bringing him back exhonorated for my own benefit, or do I concern myself for what is best for Thailand as a whole, and support jailing, prosecuting, and executing him for the corrupt executive decisions he has made, and continues to make?

Very interesting response, I guess many of us would fall into the same boat. But I'm confused, on one hand you say you are a foreigner dependant on the US$ / Baht exchange rate, yet you also talk about supporting bringing him back. As expats we have absolutely no say in anything politically here. You can support or not support as much as you like but it won't make a bit of difference to Thai politics. I guess you are talking about supporting which side of the moral dilemma you are facing. Yep, I would sure as hell like to see the Thai Baht 35+ to the AUD$

Poor old abisits script writers really are going to have to find some new, original, material relevant to peoples lives.

They make him sound like a muddled puppet proxy dictator,

Wonder what the International criminal court judges will make of him, when they get hold of him.

• Like 1

Poor old abisits script writers really are going to have to find some new, original, material relevant to peoples lives.

Wonder what the International criminal court judges will make of him, when they get hold of him.

I hope you are turning blue holding your breath waiting for that to happen?

I hope you are turning blue holding your breath waiting for that to happen?

Yes there's a very long queue in front of himsad.png