I Miss The Lawlessness Of Cambodia In Thailand

omnilangur

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have a deluded sense of freedom, freedom is not in any place.

you can be free anywhere, even in prison.

if you believe your free in a place your less free then most because your seeking freedom, its always on your mind, freedomis not lawlessness.

Why don't you go to North Korea and be free there..

• Like 1

I hope you've been in prison for some years to have the balls to say that.

if your sitting somewhere thinking about your freedom, you are in enclosed walls in your mind.

i have spent 6 months in complete solitary, no release, no contact,food dropped at the door as a monk,

• Like 1

you have a deluded sense of freedom, freedom is not in any place.

if you believe your free in a place your less free then most because your seeking freedom, its always on your mind, freedomis not lawlessness.

Why don't you go to North Korea and be free there..

your missing the point because your looking at freedom as a place on earth. freedom is not a physical thing you can touch its a state of mind.

and being a state of mind its possible anywhere, even in korea, korea cannot take from you when you dont want for anything

• Like 2

if your sitting somewhere thinking about your freedom, you are in enclosed walls in your mind.

i have spent 6 months in complete solitary, no release, no contact,food dropped at the door as a monk,

Congratulations??? lol

• Like 1

Human Rights in Cambodia

Cambodia’s human rights record remains poor. The judiciary lacks independence, leaving the government free to threaten arrest and prosecution and to curtail the right to free speech. The government also jails its critics, disperses peaceful protests by workers, displaces communities and farmers, and silences opposition party members. The military and police frequently kill and torture criminal suspects with impunity, threaten human rights defenders, and forcibly evict residents from land coveted by commercial interests. Government interference threatened to undermine the tribunal trying senior Khmer Rouge officials for genocide, as well as prevent prosecution of additional cases submitted by the international co-prosecutor

looks like this part of cambodia escaped them

Human Rights in Cambodia

Cambodia’s human rights record remains poor. The judiciary lacks independence, leaving the government free to threaten arrest and prosecution and to curtail the right to free speech. The government also jails its critics, disperses peaceful protests by workers, displaces communities and farmers, and silences opposition party members. The military and police frequently kill and torture criminal suspects with impunity, threaten human rights defenders, and forcibly evict residents from land coveted by commercial interests. Government interference threatened to undermine the tribunal trying senior Khmer Rouge officials for genocide, as well as prevent prosecution of additional cases submitted by the international co-prosecutor

Yes, it has escaped us, because we are none of the people you listed above. Albinos are persecuted in Tanzania but that also doesn't affect my freedom when I visit the country.

Are you just being a little sensitive because someone prefers an aspect of a country next door to your chosen one?

I'm sorry man, but this just seems like hippie BS to me.

Being location independent, I can live anywhere in the world, and running my own business, I can work when and where I like. A few years ago I spent some months living in an ecolodge in Uganda, spending days upon days with mountain gorillas. Sometimes I don't even look at anything to do with work for weeks and just spend my time scuba diving or rock climbing. Right now I'm sipping a caperhina in Rio de Janeiro.

I am free. It is not in the mind. I can choose what to do, where to go and how to live my life. I've always been free to think what I like, now I can do what I like. It is you, who does not know about freedom, my friend.

off coarse it is, but im not the one thinking about freedom,think about that.

free men dont, only when your clutching the bars looking out the window are you thinking about freedom, not once you stand on the otherside, let go of the bars angry man, take a tablet, take a deep breath.

Human Rights in Cambodia

Yes, it has escaped us, because we are none of the people you listed above. Albinos are persecuted in Tanzania but that also doesn't affect my freedom when I visit the country.

Are you just being a little sensitive because someone prefers an aspect of a country next door to your chosen one?

not really i dont care for thailand much, however freedom is not an aspect.

I am free. It is not in the mind. I can choose what to do, where to go and how to live my life.

Are you free to choose possibilities you have not heard of yet? Your freedom seem limited to what is in your mind.

I miss the senseless threads... to be closed asap.

If you miss the totally senseless threads, this one should have given you a fix that will keep you satisfied for a very long time. I really don't miss them in the least, so all it did for me was to give me a headache..... I need to remember not to open this crap, even on slow evenings at home!

• Like 1

You have a feeling that anything is possible there and it takes a strong mind to navigate yourself to an ethical life.

It takes a strong mind to navigate yourself to an ethical life in Cambodia? What does that even mean?

I am free. It is not in the mind. I can choose what to do, where to go and how to live my life.

Are you free to choose possibilities you have not heard of yet? Your freedom seem limited to what is in your mind.

No. You are right. Neither am I free to morph into a dying star or feel what it is like to truly be a car. I guess if I look at it your way, I am not free. Thank you, wise one.

I agree that the mind can be the greatest impediment to freedom. But there are also practical impediments to freedom, to disregard the practical, everyday lack of freedoms which limit people is absurd. Those who are 'free in their mind' in prison, but who are not free to say goodbye to their dying father, will feel their lack of freedom.

"You can be free in a prison", yes, in a certain way you can. Look at Nelson Mandella, Ghandi et al. But that wasn't the freedom we were writing about and I'm surprised Payak, didn't have the common sense to see that.Perhaps, common sense is something that Payak is not free to enjoy..

• Like 1