I Miss The Lawlessness Of Cambodia In Thailand

omnilangur

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you have touched a nerve Nick.

A nerve indeed!

I now ask you to address said nerve but you can't. You have to make up silly conferences.

In Thailand, that is what we call 'losing face', isn't it?

How do you mean "we".....???

So, can you actually address the questions I have asked of you?

You have been beaten here Nick. Time to take the mobile lifestyle back to mummy and daddy's garage methinks....

Edited by HeavyDrinker

My first day in Cambodia on my first visa run...

What does the motorbike taxi man in his best kyhmer army uniform say to me?

I can get you 1 Kilo of pot for $100 and any girl you like.

I told him to fXck of on both counts and couldn't get away from him quickly and diplomatically enough.

True story!

You have been beaten here Nick. Time to take the mobile lifestyle back to mummy and daddy's garage methinks....

Just because I know how to use grammar and punctuation, doesn't mean I'm middle class, HeavyDrinker. But yes, you're right, because of an anonymous internet forum member's post, I will have to give up my businesses and return home to my parents.

I think your very bizarre logic and manic temperament is argument enough for the dangers of drugs. That sentence you wrote made me spit out my drink laughing. You have a very strange way of thinking and somewhat overestimate your influence and the poignance of the remarks you make.

Shall we have a dick measuring contest then? Who has had the most gritty, first-hand experiences of drugs and has absolutely no way of proving it! Tell me more about all the people you know who dies of drugs when you were such a bad-ass.

I know as much about drugs as I can reasonably make qualified arguments for. You make the biggest mistake of attacking the messenger and not the message. You've discredited yourself and made yourself look a fool.

You get all that dribble from one sentence and I'm screwed up?

No Nick. I have not waved my dick at anyone (it's just your wishful thinking).

I have real life experience of such matters. You and Tinfoilhat clearly don't.

You can attack me all you like but you still can't make your point or is there another obscure "conference" you think I may have missed?

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

Yes you have touched a nerve Nick.

A nerve indeed!

I now ask you to address said nerve but you can't. You have to make up silly conferences.

In Thailand, that is what we call 'losing face', isn't it?

How do you mean "we".....???

Wow! Angry. I meant by "we", us people that know about Thailand and use this forum. I know you're not good at following people's points so I'll clarify all pronouns for you in future..

So, can you actually address the questions I have asked of you?

You asked me one question, HeavyDrinker, ts was this:

How much "freedom" do you think an addict has when they wake up in the morning and the craving for that hit drives them to steal...kill?

I would imagine that that hypothetical person has little freedom. But what you scenario, though very dramatic is completely irrelevant, because we're not talking about the freedom to take heroin in Thailand, are we? (note for HeavyDrinker: "we" in this instance refers to those on this thread. Hope you can follow everything ok)

You can attack me all you like but you still can't make your point or is there another obscure "conference" you think I may have missed?

Some people just can't do it, can they!/ Gold dust. Loved this post.

Some people just can't do it, can they!/ Gold dust. Loved this post.

I really have no respect for people who break up posts. It is clearly taking things out of context.

As for heavy drinker he has life experience about the issue and I personally agree.

Addiction is a decease.

• Like 1

I think you're rambling now Nick.

Care to address any points or just attack me?

Yes, I'm sorry, you're right, I'm rambling. I would like to address a serious point:

You mention the United Nations Generally Assembly is an "obscure meeting", could you please tell me about more meetings you find obscure? Please.

Also, forgive me if I'm rambling, but is your name Karl Pinkerton?

i think if we think about it most of us will of known some, not very nice things relating to drug use,

but this thred wasnt about drugs,(well i dont think it was)

it was some one missing lawlessnes,

is it just me, in the way i think, but surly there must be laws?

i dont know i could be wrong,

but a country with no laws i wouldnt want to live there,

i understand that there is still countrys like that about, there wasnt much law in angola when i worked there, some people might want to go and give that a try,

there was a lot of things going on in brazil, nice place to go, saw many people smoking pot there, openly in beach bars,

Jake, there are laws in most countries however they do nothing to help the addicted or afflicted.

Jailing someone for taking drugs does nothing to address the issue.

One thing I am delighted to say about Thailand is that now they are at least sending people they feel have a problem with narcotics to get help instead of just jailing them.

Compared to the US and the UK, it's almost progressive in it's attitude.

I'm not the only one who's called you Karl Pinklton, am I? That is hilarious!

Not as hilarious as someone who can't even spell after being corrected once.

A case in point about the abuse of drugs screwing up one's faculties.

Hilarious!

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Not as hilarious as someone who can't even spell after being corrected once.

Oh dear. You've managed to cobble a sentence together without making a grammatical error, so you can criticize my spelling.

A case in point about the abuse of drugs screwing up one's faculties.

You've just repeated the joke I made of you.

It seems you just need to get the last word, despite the fact that every post you make, makes you look even more dim.

So have the last post then, and I'm sure lots of people will ave a good laugh at you.

And please, Karl, can you tell me why the UN Assembly is an "obscure conference"? Please, I'd love to hear your views on things. You should have your own radio show.

And you also made the same joke

Tinfoilhat, your argument has been ripped to shreds. Clearly you do NOT know any real addicts

You dance around the issue like someone who knows nothing about the issue.

I call you out.

You know nothing about this issue.

Tossing in random counter arguments is not helping you here either....

Ripped my argument to shreds? could you show me where exactly that happened? I made a point and asked a specific question which has remained unanswered.

The, question, as you seem to be unable to read for yourselves was: what constitutes a druggie, is a pot smoking father of two a druggy or is that the sole province of meth and heroin addicts? Does a house wife who uses xanax to sleep count or not?

i find your bullying, posturing and assumptions rather tedious.

I refuse to recite a litany of addicts i have known and experiences i have had just to satisfy you, because even if i were to show you pictures of myself with a needle in my arm, and a corpse in my lap you would not be able to accept it because your comments demonstrate that this is an emotional rather than a logical discussion for you.

you are delusional, believing that your experience is somehow unique and lashing out into personal attacks at any who dare challenge you.

i am not buying your "dribble".

Is it Ken kesey, Andy Warhol, Bukowski, Einstien, Al Gore, George W Bush, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Prince Harry, Car Sagan?

Is OK then if someone less wealthy, "inspired' by these imbeciles, get hooked on harder drugs and resorts to crime to feed their habits...?

I hope you're speaking from experience but judging from your lame schoolboy reply I doubt you have ever known a "druggie" either...

I have.

I had a family member go through all the stages until her sad death. Although I was at the time too young to really understand the enormity of the situation, I wasn't too young to be aware of the devastation it caused in the family.

Flippant, Howard Marks-esque 6th form college pro-drugs comments have no place in any serious debate on the topic.

1) I think that there is some validity in the view that people should be allowed to make their own stupid decisions.

2) I think that there is some validity in the claim that some illegal drugs are less harmful than alcohol,

1) I believe that the knock-on consequences for other people justify strict regulatiion

2) I believe that to repeal existing tolerance is very difficult. Within our lifetimes, we may achieve it for tobacco; for the more pervasive and insidious alcohol, less likely (I hope)

SC

Street cowboy thanks for the back up, I completely agree

1) I think that there is some validity in the view that people should be allowed to make their own stupid decisions.

2) I think that there is some validity in the claim that some illegal drugs are less harmful than alcohol,

1) I believe that the knock-on consequences for other people justify strict regulatiion

2) I believe that to repeal existing tolerance is very difficult. Within our lifetimes, we may achieve it for tobacco; for the more pervasive and insidious alcohol, less likely (I hope)

SC

Very sensible post. I find Thais have a much more realistic attitude toward alcohol use and its dangers than most in the West.

Is OK then if someone less wealthy, "inspired' by these imbeciles, get hooked on harder drugs and resorts to crime to feed their habits...?

<snip>

Such problems are also close to me, so my condolences.

However note that if the drug use were treated as a medical problem rather than a crime then there wouldn't be any secondary crimes committed in order to buy the drugs, which are only expensive due to their Prohibition.

• Like 1

Is it Ken kesey, Andy Warhol, Bukowski, Einstien, Al Gore, George W Bush, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Prince Harry, Car Sagan?

I hope you're speaking from experience but judging from your lame schoolboy reply I doubt you have ever known a "druggie" either...

I have.

I had a family member go through all the stages until her sad death. Although I was at the time too young to really understand the enormity of the situation, I wasn't too young to be aware of the devastation it caused in the family.

Flippant, Howard Marks-esque 6th form college pro-drugs comments have no place in any serious debate on the topic.

SC

Here's a scientific study done in the UK proving exactly that! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRgb5coMXGk

Well the old Alcohol vs drugs tattle is a nonsense and is pretty much proven so.

With alcohol, the effect on the system is pretty much as standard insofar as it is a regular "hit" if you will.

The danger of uncontrolled narcotics is that the effect on the system is unknown until it is too late. Only an imbecile would argue that narcotics are 'safer' or 'less harmful' than alcohol.

Ask the parents of Leah Betts what they think on that score.

Tinfoilhat, instead of attacking me and my experiences, admit you are out of your depth here and move on.

I am not 'bullying' here. I am just more knowledgeable on the topic than you clearly are.

Well the old Alcohol vs drugs tattle is a nonsense and is pretty much proven so.

With alcohol, the effect on the system is pretty much as standard insofar as it is a regular "hit" if you will.

The danger of uncontrolled narcotics is that the effect on the system is unknown until it is too late. Only an imbecile would argue that narcotics are 'safer' or 'less harmful' than alcohol.

Ask the parents of Leah Betts what they think on that score.

Tinfoilhat, instead of attacking me and my experiences, admit you are out of your depth here and move on.

I am not 'bullying' here. I am just more knowledgeable on the topic than you clearly are.

All but a few very damaging drugs are far less harmful to human health than alcohol. But personally I could care less how you choose to poison yourself, no one's business but your own.

The macro-level social consequences are however IMO rightfully of concern as legal/social control issues.

Alcohol's impact on contributing to violent crime and traffic deaths are well documented.

The harmful social effects of all but the worst drugs are due mainly to the fact that their Prohibition raises prices and gets criminals involved in what should be a medical and social problem, not to mention making criminals out of what are often victims.

It would be much cheaper and more effective for true addicts to simply be supplied with their drugs and supported by the state than to follow the "war on crime" approach that has caused such havoc to our societies over the past few decades.

Not to mention depriving the most vicious international crime organizations the main source of their income.

Which business remember was largely initiated by our own "security" agencies during our home country's meddling in the power politics in this part of the world and South America by the way. Even the "counter-culture" generation's love affair with drugs as a path to enlightenment and "mind expansion" can be trace to the CIA's cold war mind-control experiments among students and the general population.

When you've got the worst criminals running your government little surprise their policies aren't good for the people they're supposed to be benevolently governing.